• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Forsberg Joins Avalanche

Rate this topic

Way to pay attention, I could f***in care less about Nabby, he was just the most recent example. To every other team it looks like the Avs just picked up an elite player who didn't have to go through waivers. Fair?

esteef

According to the rules yes it is fair. I honestly don't have anything against the way the system is now. Get over it.

People dwell on this "diving" thing too much. It's up for the officials to enforce the rule, not the players to have some 100% commitment to the "code".

The NHL is about winning, the more you win, the more you get paid. If it helps your team win, you are going to do it. Do I like it? No. But it's not a perfect world where everything is tied up in the a nice bow. If you don't like diving, put the accountability on the refs and the league for not enforcing it enough. If they gave out penalties for everything that looked like a dive, sooner or later players will stop diving.

Forsberg is just an absolutely amazing talent, and missing out on that entertainment because you hate him for "diving" is remarkably sad to me. He didn't choose to get injured and miss out on finishing his career on his own terms. He's not a 45 year old guy coming back out of no-where, he didn't even officially retire for crying out loud :lol: .

Best of luck to Forsberg and may I witness another awe-inspiring plays before he finally cuts his fantastic career tragically short.

People dwell on this "diving" thing too much. It's up for the officials to enforce the rule, not the players to have some 100% commitment to the "code".

The NHL is about winning, the more you win, the more you get paid. If it helps your team win, you are going to do it. Do I like it? No. But it's not a perfect world where everything is tied up in the a nice bow. If you don't like diving, put the accountability on the refs and the league for not enforcing it enough. If they gave out penalties for everything that looked like a dive, sooner or later players will stop diving.

Forsberg is just an absolutely amazing talent, and missing out on that entertainment because you hate him for "diving" is remarkably sad to me. He didn't choose to get injured and miss out on finishing his career on his own terms. He's not a 45 year old guy coming back out of no-where, he didn't even officially retire for crying out loud :lol: .

Best of luck to Forsberg and may I witness another awe-inspiring plays before he finally cuts his fantastic career tragically short.

Dude, why are you even here? Your love for Crosby, now Forsberg... I can't tell if you are trolling or just off your rocker. Dude has been washed up for years and is making one last cash / glory grab. It is not something to be celebrated.

Edited by AtomicPunk

Dude, why are you even here? Your love for Crosby, now Forsberg... I can't tell if you are trolling or just off your rocker. Dude has been washed up for years and is making one last cash / glory grab. It is not something to be celebrated.

Sorry I enjoy great hockey players and don't live inside of a box that's all Red Wings all the time. I'm a hockey fan.

Forsberg washed up? I never saw that, he's been injured yes, but he's never played "washed up", he's always been productive for whatever NHL/other competitive hockey he's played.

If he wanted cash he would go to the KHL and be worshiped, this is not about money, it's about a great player striving to end his career by his own terms and give 100% of what he can give. Don't see a lot to criticize there, but that's just me.

Dude has been washed up for years and is making one last cash / glory grab.

Washed up? Dude has been dominating everytime he's set his f***ed up feet on the ice in the SEL the last couple of years. Last time he was in the NHL he almost singlehandedly got the Avs into the playoffs and was a big part of them getting to the 2nd round. In the Olympics 2010 he was one of very few bright spots in the game where Sweden was eliminated against Slovakia.

Cash grab? He's been playing for FREE for Modo in the SEL. And by FREE, I mean as in getting payed NO MONEY. Not only a little bit of money. NO. MONEY. Now he has signed a ******* 1 million dollar contract. Guess what, I'm sure he'd play for zero dollars if it was allowed. If this was about money he probably would have saved himself about 10 operations on his foot and just signed for a KHL team or something.

He is doing this for himself. Because he loves to play hockey. And maybe a little bit to prove to people like you that he ISN'T washed up and that he still has hockey in him.

Washed up? Dude has been dominating everytime he's set his f***ed up feet on the ice in the SEL the last couple of years. Last time he was in the NHL he almost singlehandedly got the Avs into the playoffs and was a big part of them getting to the 2nd round. In the Olympics 2010 he was one of very few bright spots in the game where Sweden was eliminated against Slovakia.

Cash grab? He's been playing for FREE for Modo in the SEL. And by FREE, I mean as in getting payed NO MONEY. Not only a little bit of money. NO. MONEY. Now he has signed a ******* 1 million dollar contract. Guess what, I'm sure he'd play for zero dollars if it was allowed. If this was about money he probably would have saved himself about 10 operations on his foot and just signed for a KHL team or something.

He is doing this for himself. Because he loves to play hockey. And maybe a little bit to prove to people like you that he ISN'T washed up and that he still has hockey in him.

:thumbup: +1

Like I said I think a month ago... Some Wings fans simply can't help but hate on him.

check and mate.

If by "domination" you mean these IMPRESSIVE stat lines for the last 2 years, then I guess it's easy to dominate in your mind.

Modo:

2008-09 Modo Hockey Ornskoldsvik SEL 3 1 2 3 0

2009-10 Modo Hockey Ornskoldsvik SEL 23 11 19 30 66

That's right, THREE games played in 08-09, and TWENTY THREE games played in 09-10. Not exactly full NHL seasons.

And his last few stints in the NHL - 06-07 lasted a whole SEVENTEEN games with Nashville, where he had 15 points. The last season where you could even use the word "Domination" was 05 - 06 with Philadelphia, where he played 60 games and had 75 points. He hasn't played for the Avs since 07-08!!! (a whole 9 games)

Yeah, dude has been injured. But I hardly consider this domination.

Edited by AtomicPunk

There's no downside for anyone involved. Forsberg gets a shot at playing the game he loves. The Avs are in free fall so not like there's a risk of ruining any sort of chemistry, and they'll more than make up his salary in ticket sales. I've already had two of my Avs buddies call telling me they are buying tickets for the remainder of the Avs home games to watch him play (hopefully he stays healthy so they can actually watch him!).

Glad to see im not the only one that doesn't blindly hate him simply because he played for Colorado. I am also glad he decide to comeback.

Edited by Original-Six

The main thing I worry about is his age. At 37, he ain't no spring chicken, especially in terms of hockey players (unless your name is Mark Recchi). I wonder how much of an impact he can actually make.

foppa_index.jpg

Even though they look very ghheyhey, they are pretty darn comfortable. My wife brought home a black pair and a manly cammo pair. The onlyist time I wore them out in public was on the beach in Florida during spring break.