• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Forsberg Joins Avalanche

Rate this topic

Whether he makes a difference or not remains to be seen and is also irrelevant. Forsberg is an experienced NHL player who should have to pass through waivers. The criteria the NHL uses to determine waiver eligibility for european players is retarded.

esteef

This is a good point. What's to stop other teams from injuring their player. Forcing them to retire, only to bring them back a decade later in the twilight of their career.

Someone... slash Datsyuk in the ankles now! We might need him in 2018!

Edited by Broken 16

Whether he makes a difference or not remains to be seen and is also irrelevant. Forsberg is an experienced NHL player who should have to pass through waivers. The criteria the NHL uses to determine waiver eligibility for european players is retarded.

esteef

Yes, we get it. The rules are written/enforced in a way that you don't like. Which oddly is also irrelevant.

chuklz <-- (switched it up with the arrow this time could you tell?)

Let us know when you take over for Bettman, until then I think you made your point. Really, Forsberg isn't going to make much difference except as a veteran who can share experience. Also do you realize you sign every thing you say even though your username and avatar identify you?

<--chuklz

Of course he realizes it. He does it for a pretty specific reason.

Peter has people; from TSN:

Peter Forsberg is back in the game.

The Colorado Avalanche have confirmed a report in the Denver Post that the 37-year old Forsberg will be in the lineup for tonight's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. It will be his first game in the NHL since Game 3 of the 2008 Western Conference semifinals.

I know he has the dive, err, drive that it takes.

If by "domination" you mean these IMPRESSIVE stat lines for the last 2 years, then I guess it's easy to dominate in your mind.

Modo:

2008-09 Modo Hockey Ornskoldsvik SEL 3 1 2 3 0

2009-10 Modo Hockey Ornskoldsvik SEL 23 11 19 30 66

That's right, THREE games played in 08-09, and TWENTY THREE games played in 09-10. Not exactly full NHL seasons.

And his last few stints in the NHL - 06-07 lasted a whole SEVENTEEN games with Nashville, where he had 15 points. The last season where you could even use the word "Domination" was 05 - 06 with Philadelphia, where he played 60 games and had 75 points. He hasn't played for the Avs since 07-08!!! (a whole 9 games)

Yeah, dude has been injured. But I hardly consider this domination.

Yes, he's been injured. Which is why he said "when he's on the ice". 30 points in the low scoring, defense first SEL are great numbers. His 14 points in 9 games in 07-08 was the best PPG in the league that year. So yeah, I don't know what you consider domination, but I wouldn't use the words 'washed up'..

I am watching the game..

He can still pass, that's for sure. Love his stickhandling. I'm impressed so far by his play , he is playing much better than I expected. If his foot holds up he will probably have a big impact on Colorados playoff hunt.

Go AVS :hehe:

edit: well im switching to the wings game, jesus christ the avs D is bad.. holy mother.

Edited by hak

I think he was really good in the 1st, then looked like he got a bit tired but still made some nice plays and was actually involved in most of the (few) chances the Avs created.

A good 1st game for him, considering how long he's been out of the league. Those hands are still magic.

Everything just needs to hold up so he can get into the pace of things a bit more.

It's doubtful he alone will be able to turn things around for the Avs though, they really look quite bad.

Guest CaliWingsNut

NHL.com Game Recap

Forsberg played 22 shifts totaling 17 1/2 minutes and had one shot on goal. "You know what? He actually played better than I expected him to," Colorado coach Joe Sacco said. "He was arguably our best player tonight."

Edited by CaliWingsNut

From what I saw tonight, he looked old and tired and was easily the worst player on the ice (-2, 4 PIM). Ain't looking good for him at this point.

It was the 2nd night of a back-to-back, against one of the best teams in the NHL after not playing a real game for almost a year before yesterday. Of course he's gonna have some tired legs, and yes he did have a much tougher time getting anything done than in his first game. But the entire Avalanche team looked absolutely, positively awful. And neither of Forsberg's minuses was on him, especially not the empty net goal.

Give him a couple of games to get up to speed. In the Olympics it took until the 4th game (I think) for him to really start to look like himself. And this is an even higher level of competition. The fact is that he has looked very good so far under the circumstances.

The Avs look awful lately. What happened to this team?

Really weak defense and goaltending. The have decent forward depth, but the defense is just bad at moving the puck, and actually defending.