• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Forsberg Joins Avalanche

Rate this topic

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's announcing his retirement from hockey today. I thought he'd at least last until the trade deadline.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: 2:30 MT news conference in Denver for Forsberg to announce his retirement from hockey.

Well, I figured it'd be an injury after two games, but retirement works the same, I guess.

How can you give up so fast, though? I don't see how you can go from thinking you can play in the NHL to giving up after two games. If you were that close to retiring anyway, why even bother with the comeback? Kind of a ****** move. You'd think if you are so unable to play that you give up after two games you would've known a week ago you couldn't do it.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I had Petey playing 6 or 7 games and he made it to 2. He'll be back next February with another failed comeback.

So he says he's retiring.

1) For how long this time?

2) Why should I believe you?

3) Why didn't you just stay away to begin with and not get Avs fans' hopes up?

4) Don't let the door kick you in the ass on your way out.

Well, I figured it'd be an injury after two games, but retirement works the same, I guess.

How can you give up so fast, though? I don't see how you can go from thinking you can play in the NHL to giving up after two games. If you were that close to retiring anyway, why even bother with the comeback? Kind of a ****** move. You'd think if you are so unable to play that you give up after two games you would've known a week ago you couldn't do it.

It seems like a really weird move, alright, even for Peter Farvesberg.

Too bad, though, I was actually kinda looking forward to seeing him play again.

Could be that the guy simply wanted to retire as an Av, and this was his/the brass' plan all along. I wasn't there, so no way I'll ever know.

Either way, I loved to hate him in the 90's, and always loved his game. He was the definition of elite before his injuries. Say what you want about his numerous comeback attempts, the game will miss him.

So he says he's retiring.

1) For how long this time?

2) Why should I believe you?

3) Why didn't you just stay away to begin with and not get Avs fans' hopes up?

4) Don't let the door kick you in the ass on your way out.

He's never retired before.. :(

This really brings me down. I wonder if it's a physical issue, that the foot didn't hold up to real action this time either, or if it's simply that he didn't feel he reached those high standards he holds himself to.

2 Games? Seems like an awful lot of effort and preperation for 2 games. Not really surprising though, Forsberg was great back in the day but foot injury or not it has gotta be tough trying to come back and keep up with NHL level hockey after that much time off.

On the other hand I signed him as a 4th liner on NHL 11 to fill some injury holes and he has been tearing it up for me in the playoffs. So I have to assume Colorado management used the same method to determine if they should sign him or not.

2 games, well damn, I thought he would at least make it to March before he called it quits. I think he was doing this for the Lawlz.

In all seriousness, he was a great player and its too bad seeing him go out like this I hope he can move on to something new and have a great life.

I got a chance to see the two games he played over the weekend and I must say that Forsberg looked pretty good out there. Sure, no points, but I still think he made things happen. I think that one of two things happened. One, his foot problems continued to haunt him and he didn't want to play in pain anymore. Two, he wanted to retire an Avalanche player. It could be a combination of both, but either way, he was a great player back in the day. Its too bad that he had to retire due to injury.