• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Forsberg Joins Avalanche

Rate this topic

To everyone who thought I was full of it for suggesting that the million dollars was money down the drain, and that he would not come back and "dominate" like he did in his 3 games for Modo, I only have one thing to say....

I TOLD YOU SO.

BYE BYE PETER.

To everyone who thought I was full of it for suggesting that the million dollars was money down the drain, and that he would not come back and "dominate" like he did in his 3 games for Modo, I only have one thing to say....

I TOLD YOU SO.

BYE BYE PETER.

joker-clap.gif

I TOLD YOU SO.

BYE BYE PETER.

He still has world-class talent, which was evident in especially the first game. This is about his foot not holding up, which everyone agreed was a real possibility (or even probability). I don't think anyone said he was gonna walk in and dominate in his first or second game.

Watching this press conference is ******* heartbreaking. If you can't understand why this guy has kept trying to come back to the game while watching this.. you're beyond help.

Forsberg does in fact deserve the HOF IMO. The guy has great hockey talent but his body just ran out on him. Doesn't surprise me tho, the only way to get the puck of his stick was to play the body, even to that he was tough as nails.

Can't blame the guy for trying to pull off a comeback, at least now he knows that he tried everything he could of and wasn't capable of competing in NHL level.

He can retire with no regrets.

Good career Forsberg, wish you weren't as good as you we're but you we're. I wish all the luck in the future.

* Missing the Avs - Wings rivalry ...

What gets me is this: Why did he even bother in the first place, getting the hopes of all Avs fans peaked, and then go and do this. I feel for the Colorado fans in this situation - they really got a raw deal.

Forsberg does in fact deserve the HOF IMO. The guy has great hockey talent but his body just ran out on him. Doesn't surprise me tho, the only way to get the puck of his stick was to play the body, even to that he was tough as nails.

Can't blame the guy for trying to pull off a comeback, at least now he knows that he tried everything he could of and wasn't capable of competing in NHL level.

He can retire with no regrets.

Good career Forsberg, wish you weren't as good as you we're but you we're. I wish all the luck in the future.

* Missing the Avs - Wings rivalry ...

I dunno, i just don't see it to be honest. He had a HHOF PPG pace, but he doesn't even have 900 points. He has the Hart and Calder and his all-star teams and probably his 1993 WJC performance will get him in the HHOF alone, but there are players with better numbers that still aren't in. His triple double gold club is amazing though. I guess I'm just looking at the numbers too much, because he would probably get into the HHOF on international awards alone?

What gets me is this: Why did he even bother in the first place, getting the hopes of all Avs fans peaked, and then go and do this. I feel for the Colorado fans in this situation - they really got a raw deal.

you didn't watch the press conference.. also he tried again and again to lower expectations, saying stuff like "please don't be mad at me if I'm no good".

Sorry, but I have NO love for that guy. If he had gone out properly....accepted that his career was over, and he couldn't do it anymore, fine. But for him to Favre it up for the last 8 or so years, I'm coming back, well, maybe, play 15 games here, 9 there, quit, come back, quit, wait 9 months then come back again, just give it up already.

Sorry, but I have NO love for that guy. If he had gone out properly....accepted that his career was over, and he couldn't do it anymore, fine. But for him to Favre it up for the last 8 or so years, I'm coming back, well, maybe, play 15 games here, 9 there, quit, come back, quit, wait 9 months then come back again, just give it up already.

Until you're a pro athlete, you have no idea what it's like to say good bye to the game you love. I'm not a pro athlete, but I've read enough psychology articles on pro athletes to understand their mindset.

This reminds me of Ric Flair's fake retirement back in 1994. :lol:

I wonder how many tickets the dives sold for the next game.

I wonder how many refunds are in order :sly: lol

Edited by Konnan511

He. Never. Retired. Before. Today.

He. Never. Quit.

What don't you get? He battled injuries, should every player just end their career after battling an injury?

Now if he tries a come back next year, you have all the right to start complaining, but to bash him for trying his best to see what he can contribute and if he can hold up one last time is just mind boggling to me.

I hope you never have to face a decision in your life to move on when you still feel you can perform.

I know it was hard as hell for me to finally just give up my dreams and go to school instead of battling for my chance to get a scholarship playing in the USHL, I couldn't imagine actually having the gifts that Forsberg does and having played at that high of level just to have your career ruined by a foot. It has to be an awful feeling, which was evident in the press conference.

I TOLD YOU SO.

BYE BYE PETER.

Where do you keep getting this million dollars from? It didn't cost them anywhere close to that amount.