• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#141 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

I think he was really good in the 1st, then looked like he got a bit tired but still made some nice plays and was actually involved in most of the (few) chances the Avs created.

A good 1st game for him, considering how long he's been out of the league. Those hands are still magic.
Everything just needs to hold up so he can get into the pace of things a bit more.

It's doubtful he alone will be able to turn things around for the Avs though, they really look quite bad.

#142 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

Perfect start for the new Floppa era.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#143 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:35 PM

NHL.com Game Recap

Forsberg played 22 shifts totaling 17 1/2 minutes and had one shot on goal. "You know what? He actually played better than I expected him to," Colorado coach Joe Sacco said. "He was arguably our best player tonight."

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 11 February 2011 - 11:36 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#144 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

He looked gassed.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#145 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

From what I saw tonight, he looked old and tired and was easily the worst player on the ice (-2, 4 PIM). Ain't looking good for him at this point.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#146 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

From what I saw tonight, he looked old and tired and was easily the worst player on the ice (-2, 4 PIM). Ain't looking good for him at this point.

Ain't looking good for that entire team at this point.
Posted Image

#147 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

It was the 2nd night of a back-to-back, against one of the best teams in the NHL after not playing a real game for almost a year before yesterday. Of course he's gonna have some tired legs, and yes he did have a much tougher time getting anything done than in his first game. But the entire Avalanche team looked absolutely, positively awful. And neither of Forsberg's minuses was on him, especially not the empty net goal.

Give him a couple of games to get up to speed. In the Olympics it took until the 4th game (I think) for him to really start to look like himself. And this is an even higher level of competition. The fact is that he has looked very good so far under the circumstances.

#148 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

The Avs look awful lately. What happened to this team?

#149 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

The Avs look awful lately. What happened to this team?

Really weak defense and goaltending. The have decent forward depth, but the defense is just bad at moving the puck, and actually defending.

#150 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Really weak defense and goaltending. The have decent forward depth, but the defense is just bad at moving the puck, and actually defending.

But I thought Quincey was going to become the next Bobby Orr?

Posted Image

#151 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

But I thought Quincey was going to become the next Bobby Orr?

And I would think it would be difficult for him to help the Avs' defense while sitting out the rest of the season after shoulder surgery in December.

#152 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

And I would think it would be difficult for him to help the Avs' defense while sitting out the rest of the season after shoulder surgery in December.

:o

I stand corrected. Though his one assist wasn't exactly tearing the roof off before he was injured.

Posted Image

#153 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's announcing his retirement from hockey today. I thought he'd at least last until the trade deadline.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: 2:30 MT news conference in Denver for Forsberg to announce his retirement from hockey.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#154 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hahaha, that didnt last long. Good riddance, bye bye Floppa :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#155 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hey UK, wasn't Forsberg practicing with Modo and supposed to be Colorado's super sekrit playoff weapon?

:hehe:

Posted Image

#156 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

What a way to go out. Kind of sad, actually.

And here's the official word from TSN: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=353836

Edited by edicius, 14 February 2011 - 12:04 PM.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#157 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hey UK, wasn't Forsberg practicing with Modo and supposed to be Colorado's super sekrit playoff weapon?

:hehe:

I think he quickly figured out that he wasn't even going to be able to help the Avs REACH the playoffs.

#158 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Well, I figured it'd be an injury after two games, but retirement works the same, I guess.

How can you give up so fast, though? I don't see how you can go from thinking you can play in the NHL to giving up after two games. If you were that close to retiring anyway, why even bother with the comeback? Kind of a ****** move. You'd think if you are so unable to play that you give up after two games you would've known a week ago you couldn't do it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#159 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

Wow. I really thought he'd last longer even if it wasn't going perfect. He plays well, then retires. Whatever though, happy trails!

#160 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Man that is really too bad. Even as a Red Wings fan I loved to watch him play.

So sad to see you leave so soon Peter. I'll always remember watching you play the game so great.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau