• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

And he does it again!

Rate this topic

I like the don cherry vid with him when he asked if he would have done that to Yzerman when probert was around. Well thats a big HELL NO!

I've always liked him, but liked him even more after he nearly completed his "gutless backstabbing little f*ck" sentence while on air. That would have been epic, and I would have donated money to pay for the fine he would have received.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I would never want to see a player do something like that again. The first time was disgusting enough.

Normally, I'd agree with you, but not here.

If anyone deserves that s***, its Cooke. Dude is a scumbag piece of s*** that does nothing other than try to injure and end other players careers. I'd personally love to see him get it. Paybacks a *****.

I just emailed the NHL officials association and tried to email the Players Association too. The players' one didn't go through but the Officials' one did. I had to confirm I sent it by replying to their standard response email. Ya know you can't do much but that is something we could do. Probably a voice in the wilderness but I'm still glad I did it.

Normally, I'd agree with you, but not here.

If anyone deserves that s***, its Cooke. Dude is a scumbag piece of s*** that does nothing other than try to injure and end other players careers. I'd personally love to see him get it. Paybacks a *****.

Look at it this way. As bad as McSorley's hit was, he was a player out of control. I cannot imagine ANY player who is not insane, premeditatively going after another player - even Cooke - with that kind of malice aforethought. HE would have to be kicked out of the game.

I go back and forth on Don Cherry thinking he is hilarious/entertaining at times then there are some WTF moments whenever I hear him infrequently, but I give him major kudos for this piece on Matt Cooke.

I don't like getting outspoken on players, there aren't many that I really just dislike, but Matt Cooke has completely jumped near the top of the list in lightning fashion this year. He's scum. And I don't say that about a lot of players.

Not a fan of Don Cherry, but that was perfect. His passion, his concern, and his points were all spot-on. Cooke is a dangerous player. I can't believe one of the VS announcers tonight said he was a "big Cooke fan." Even Sidney "I'll Cry/Whine/Dive/Cheat/Do Whatever It Takes" Crosby won't defend Cooke, his own teammate.

Not a fan of Don Cherry, but that was perfect. His passion, his concern, and his points were all spot-on. Cooke is a dangerous player. I can't believe one of the VS announcers tonight said he was a "big Cooke fan." Even Sidney "I'll Cry/Whine/Dive/Cheat/Do Whatever It Takes" Crosby won't defend Cooke, his own teammate.

IIRC, both Pierre and Milbury said they were big Cooke fans. <_<

So has Cooke been suspended for either the Savard or the Ovechkin hit?

Unbelievable montage in the Cherry video though, so many elbows to the side of the head and knee-on-knees :scared:

As has been said, in the era of Probert/Kocur et al this sort of thing was self-policing. You played dirty then you watched your back because a train would be coming for you.

Unfortunately the modern game is in many ways faster and as a result teams can't carry an all-out enforcer but this should really be where those numpties in Toronto are stepping in. Toronto needs to be picking up where the enforcers left off but as we've seen, Toronto can't even make accurate calls on the simple matter of goals/non-goals, let alone calling out players for being dirty.

The NHL is at a tipping point and it nees to decide which way it wants to go. Throw the instigator rule and allow teams, if they so wish, to police the ice themselves or start making decisions to stop players like Cooke attempting to end other players careers?

Matt Cooke is a repeat offender. He should be dealt with in appropriate fashion. I know it won't happen, but I just wonder how long it's going to take, or how many guys he puts out of the game with injuries before someone realizes this.

I don't believe in head hunting, but in his case, I would make an exception.

I just wonder how long it's going to take, or how many guys he puts out of the game with injuries before someone realizes this.

Cooke is a Penguin. Unless he gets traded to another team and takes one of those dirty runs at Crosby, the league will never do anything to punish Cooke.

As you suggested, having a headhunter go after, and take care of, Cooke is the only way he will ever get whats coming to him, unfortunately.

Crosby and his team have said they don't like Cooke when he does that stuff... They came out after the Savard hit and said that shouldn't be in the game.

Wasn't, 'they' just Bill Guerin?

As stated in "Pirate Radio"..."Spoken like a five-star chicken."

Of course, Andrew Ference comes out and says his teammate was wrong, and gets raked over the coals for it. I shouldn't be surprised that no one wants to come out and tell the truth about Cooke.

Someone is going to get him. I don't know who, and I don't know when, but it's gonna happen. And it won't be pretty when it does. But if he expects to get sympathy when and if it happens, the only place he's gonna find it is the dictionary.

Wasn't, 'they' just Bill Guerin?

As far as I recall, you're correct. All Crosby said was (paraphrasing) "You don't like seeing a guy on the ice like that, whether it's a teammate or opposing player," and that the league needed to clarify things regarding headshots. The only condemnation on the Penguins came from Guerin (which is surprising, since he was just as much a ****** as the rest of that team).

As far as I recall, you're correct. All Crosby said was (paraphrasing) "You don't like seeing a guy on the ice like that, whether it's a teammate or opposing player," and that the league needed to clarify things regarding headshots. The only condemnation on the Penguins came from Guerin (which is surprising, since he was just as much a ****** as the rest of that team).

Guerin had been a ****** off the ice and was guilty of gooning it up at times, but I wouldn't say he was ever really a dirty player, got to at least give him that...

Am I the only one who thinks the Ovechkin hit really wasn't that bad? It may have been a stupid play but I don't think he meant to trip him like that. He went in for a big hit, Ovechkin got out of the way but not quite enough. Cooke is a ******, but I don't think this hit was that bad.

Am I the only one who thinks the Ovechkin hit really wasn't that bad? It may have been a stupid play but I don't think he meant to trip him like that. He went in for a big hit, Ovechkin got out of the way but not quite enough. Cooke is a ******, but I don't think this hit was that bad.

It's more the path he took to the hit, it was a suicide path and then the action of sticking the leg out when the hit was missed, regardless of the severity of the injury, is NEVER acceptable... that is how knees are blown out...

I don't think he meant to trip him like that.

You are obviously not familiar with Matt Cooke and his style of "play". If you were, there would be no question that it was intentional and he did mean to stick his knee out like that in an attempt to injure Ovechkin. Thats what he does. He throws his knees out in attempts to injure people. This is not the first, or fifth, or tenth time he has done it. He literally does it ALL the time. Dirtiest player on the ice by far. He makes guys like Pronger look like boy scouts.