• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

And he does it again!

Rate this topic

You are obviously not familiar with Matt Cooke and his style of "play". If you were, there would be no question that it was intentional and he did mean to stick his knee out like that in an attempt to injure Ovechkin. Thats what he does. He throws his knees out in attempts to injure people. This is not the first, or fifth, or tenth time he has done it. He literally does it ALL the time. Dirtiest player on the ice by far. He makes guys like Pronger look like boy scouts.

no s***. there's not too many players I hate worse than him but this guy takes the cake. he represents everything I hate about todays nhl.

It reminds me of the time Chris Pronger was playing in St. Louis in '02, and he tried this trick with Stevie...and you know what happened then. Matt Cooke should try one of these knee to knee contact hits, and suffer the same consequences that Pronger did.

And again tonight? I'm not watching the game, but I'm hearing rumblings on Twitter...plus looking at the box score tonight (attached)...

post-6183-0-70196500-1297212806_thumb.png

Matt Cooke is now trending nationwide on Twitter. Wow.

Edited by edicius

Cooke is the very definition of "dirty player". It's getting old, he needs to be sitting for a long time.

Agree, I wouldn't be against throwing him out of the league.

I really think the NHL needs to do some thing here and get tough with suspensions. Crosby is out, and Ovechkin was almost injured. Soon all they'll be left with is Cooke type mediocre players.

they might not even explain

There's really something wrong with the NHL if they don't do anything to Cooke, especially with Crosby out. Who's next as targets for the goons and cheap shot artists? Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

The higher ups in the NHL are a joke!

I wouldn't be against making it illegal for him to play hockey at all. But that's me.

:thumbup:

Can't believe what a scumbag this guy is. Penguin slappies on HF are claiming that it's not Cooke's fault because Fedor glanced back and clearly saw him at the last second. As if that makes it ok for Cooke to try and piledrive the guys face into the glass. Seriously... why isn't someone decimating this clown?

Edited by Broken 16

I actually thought people on here were going to chew me out for that comment for being too harsh or whatever. Oh well. There's still time.

The league is better without these type of players running around. I thought, and still do think, when Lemieux hit Draper he should have been thrown out of the League.

I've been complaining for years how mediocrity rules the NHL with how easily their best teams can be eliminated in the playoffs in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Making for horrible match ups later on, and encouraging teams to play the trap. If mediocre players are going to continue to be allowed to injure the game's top stars, then there's no question in my mind mediocrity rules the NHL. No wonder why ESPN isn't interested.

Edited by Barrie

Penguin slappies on HF are claiming that it's not Cooke's fault because Fedor glanced back and clearly saw him at the last second.

I have a lot of friends from Pittsburgh and it didn't take long to learn just how crazy they are about their sports teams. My goodness. It's like a whole new personality. Sometimes it seems as if it doesn't matter how much of a scumbag a certain athlete is. If they even feel the slightest bit of threat then a good majority of them exhibit a symptom that is a cross between Johnnie Cochran and John McEnroe. Denial with animation. They actually might be the most "loyal" fans in America but it's pretty extreme.

I have a lot of friends from Pittsburgh and it didn't take long to learn just how crazy they are about their sports teams. My goodness. It's like a whole new personality. Sometimes it seems as if it doesn't matter how much of a scumbag a certain athlete is. If they even feel the slightest bit of threat then a good majority of them exhibit a symptom that is a cross between Johnnie Cochran and John McEnroe. Denial with animation. They actually might be the most "loyal" fans in America but it's pretty extreme.

I will say this though... in looking at that replay closer above. Cooke could have done him in A LOT worse. There was a level of respect. A shred. A shred of a shred. :)

Edited by Broken 16

Cooke is an unadulterated piece of s***. He is the worst kind of goon because he has no respect for his fellow players, let alone himself. If the NHL won't do anything about him then the players should. Let it be.

Craig Button finally called him out on the NHL network. Now suspend the f***** before he hurts someone again. I'm a hockey fan, I dont wanna see great players like Marc Savard having there careers shortened by no class, no respect, no talent, cheapshot artists like Cooke. People hate on enforcers here alot, enforcers would never do the classless things this ******* does.

Can't believe what a scumbag this guy is. Penguin slappies

I know a lot of hockey fans that follow all different teams, and I have literally never spoke to one person, other that Penguins slappies, that didn't think Cooke was a total piece of s***.