• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

And he does it again!

Rate this topic

This guy has already ruined Marc Savard's career, he's throwing these types of hits on a weekly basis. The league won't throw him out. Hell, they won't even suspend him. So someone's gonna have to force him out. This is just sad that a total scumbag is allowed to run around and do this kind of s***. He hides behind the refs and that visor whenever he is challenged. He's got ZERO respect for other players. What's it gonna take? How you can justify these antics? None of his teammates have spoken out on it, and I don't know how someone can ignore this kind of stuff. I don't care if he's on your team or not. This stuff doesn't belong in the game. It's a damn shame that players like Matt Cooke do nothing but take out knees and throw hits from behind, and never have to fight their battles. He's got Eric Godard and Mike Rupp to fight his battles.

Rant over, for now.

I'm sure the league will review it. Whether he gets suspended or not, we will find out soon.

This is a chance for the NHL to set an example without worrying about having to do something bold like punish a star player.

Can't wait to see how Campbell screws it up.

In the (almost) words of Don Cherry, Cooke is "a gutless, backstabbing little f*ck."

Cherry won't stand for punks messing with his Bruins.

This is a chance for the NHL to set an example without worrying about having to do something bold like punish a star player.

Can't wait to see how Campbell screws it up.

Cherry won't stand for punks messing with his Bruins.

It's like he said - this absolutely sets a standard for the rest of the League. When a punk like Cooke earns the title of cheapshot artist on an almost nightly basis with no discipline from the League brass, what's to stop someone else from doing the same thing?

It's like he said - this absolutely sets a standard for the rest of the League. When a punk like Cooke earns the title of cheapshot artist on an almost nightly basis with no discipline from the League brass, what's to stop someone else from doing the same thing?

The logo on their sweater

To be fair, the hit doesn't warrant more than a 1 or 2 game suspension.

Yet we're told time and time again that being a repeat offender warrents extra time added to the suspension. Cooke's not only a repeat offender he's had two highly discussed dirty hits in the last frigging week. The hockey world is buzzing about this douchebag and Campbell had a chance to lay down the law without worrying about offending a soul. s***, I doubt his own teammates would argue much.

The NHL is just as responsible for this happening as Cooke. If they suspended his ass, and I'm talking severe suspension not a slap on the wrist, he would quit. The fact that he wasn't suspended for essentially ending Marc Savard's career is why Cooke feels like he can do whatever the hell he wants out there. Its BS. Not suspending him is telling him what he's doing is fine.

I fear that it's going to take a player ending up in a coma before they finally put the blame where it belongs - on Cooke's shoulders.

Even then, I have a feeling that wouldn't do it. Not as long as Cooke's on that team.