• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

And he does it again!

Rate this topic

Oh, I didn't realize that meant he wasn't the captain anymore. My mistake. Carry on. :P

rolleyes.gif Pens Nation collectively does that to you edi!

In all seriousness though, this guy needs to get the axe out of the league. I am really hoping that I can be present to see it on March 21st. Shall be a glorious time.

Agreed. If he gets away with little more than a slap on the wrist this time, he's just going to keep on doing it. I still don't think he's going to be suspended for this one; maybe a small fine, but that's it.

rolleyes.gif Pens Nation collectively does that to you edi!

In all seriousness though, this guy needs to get the axe out of the league. I am really hoping that I can be present to see it on March 21st. Shall be a glorious time.

We will be in Deetroit for that game. I will lose my voice and be grateful for the chance to do so.

I know octopi are smuggled in to games. Anybody know how to sneak in a small baseball bat? Maybe a lead pipe?

And no, it won't fit there...! :P

Penguin slappies on HF are claiming that it's not Cooke's fault because Fedor glanced back and clearly saw him at the last second.

How can they say that!? Based on that gif he totally didn't see him coming and even if he did it's not like he could have gotten out of the way if it was "at the last second" as they say. I don't see how anyone can defend actions like that, even if they're your team. I would hope if a Wing ever did something like this (unlikely) Wings fans would be unbiased enough to call them out...

I need to party with this one......blush.gif

Agreed. There might be a generational thing at first, but I don't think it would last long. Methinks we'd end up cracking each other up and having a fahn tahm. As for anything further than that, you'd have to talk to my long-time spouse. :P

Roenick: "Matt Cooke is chicken s***."

First time I've ever agreed with JR, I think.

Roenick and Puck Daddy are right. The pocketbook is where you should be able to hit these guys the hardest. What do you think he's going to pay attention to more: a four game unpaid holiday just before the stretch run or a $500,000 fine?

I can't believe the stupid coming from the FSN Pittsburgh broadcasts. No wonder Pens fans everywhere are defending Cooke.

Shouldn't really be all that shocking. Seems that hometown hockey broadcasts are about as "homer" as it gets. I swear the Bruins' broadcasters might have even been defending McSorley on the night he nearly hacked Brashear's face off. Just sickening.

BAN COOKE!

Edited by HankthaTank

Can the league fine AND suspend a player?

Thought they got docked pay for all the games they miss. I am positive you knew that but just kind of tossing it out there. I do believe he should get the book thrown at him for whatever they can muster. This was a sickening play by someone who is just getting away with too much.

Matt Cooke post game comments

After the game, Cooke said, "It used to be you were responsible for yourself if you turned, but that’s not the way anymore,” Cooke said. “That call’s been called on us four or five times this year. It’s the same thing. He turns and looks and sees me coming. The other defenseman is slowing me down, so I’m not skating full speed at him.”

what a tool. he acknowledges its been called on him 4 or 5 times this year and still does it.

Thought they got docked pay for all the games they miss. I am positive you knew that but just kind of tossing it out there. I do believe he should get the book thrown at him for whatever they can muster. This was a sickening play by someone who is just getting away with too much.

Yeah I knew that. I'm just saying... Not only will a player not make any money for a while but they'll also have to cough up some of their savings.

After the game, Cooke said, "It used to be you were responsible for yourself if you turned, but that’s not the way anymore,” Cooke said. “That call’s been called on us four or five times this year. It’s the same thing. He turns and looks and sees me coming. The other defenseman is slowing me down, so I’m not skating full speed at him.”

This is just bulls*** on so many levels. Tyutin was turned with his back to the play the whole god damn time, except for the split second he turned his head to see if a forechecker was on him. It wasn't like he was facing cooke head on then turned. He played the puck and expected Cooke to continue on his forecheck, not blast him from behind. What does Cooke want Tyutin to do? "Oh here comes a guy to blast me, I'll just turn and face him so I can get my chest drilled and my back flattened against the boards." Cooke is Grade A s***.

Shouldn't really be all that shocking. Seems that hometown hockey broadcasts are about as "homer" as it gets. I swear the Bruins' broadcasters might have even been defending McSorley on the night he nearly hacked Brashear's face off. Just sickening.

BAN COOKE!

Anybody ever seen the movie Se7en?

"I've been trying to figure something in my head, and maybe you can help me out, yeah? When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how ******* crazy I really am!"? Yeah. Do you guys do that?"

"That call's been called on us four or five times this year. It's the same thing."

If they've called it on you four or five times, maybe you should stop doing it? Just sayin'.