• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

And he does it again!

Rate this topic

Ken Daneyko

"I played against Matt Cooke, and [Devils announcer] Doc Emrick has let it be known that we used to have epic battles. Even when I was older, he used to get under my skin so bad that I wanted to two-hand him over the head. And I probably should have, and taken the suspension back then. [Laughs]

"However, he is a valuable player. He does his job. He is an agitator. But right now, enough is enough. The guy can skate, hit ... he just doesn't get it, and I don't know if he knows any better.

"I watched that play over and over, hitting Tyutin from behind. Now, some people say that players have to protect themselves, and I don't know why they turn their bodies to the boards. But he was gliding. He had some time to react, to go in gingerly, and he doesn't. He just does not know any better, or he just won't change.

"I'm as crazy as this: The NHL [should declare] open season for one week on Matt Cooke. You won't get suspended. Then we'll see if he'll continue [his behavior] for the rest of the season or his career."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/What-Ken-Daneyko-would-do-to-Matt-Cooke?urn=nhl-319206

From TSN:

Former NHLer Jeremy Roenick, who is never at a loss for words when it comes to issues in the game, didn't mince words about Cooke during his appearance on TSN's Off The Record on Wednesday.

"I think he should have gotten 10 (games). This is Matt Cooke; he's gone down this road before and he's been known to do things like this," said Roenick. "(Tyutin) had his back to him the whole time and not once did Matt Cooke not see his numbers or his name and he still hit him. To me, that's a cheapshot and it's disrespectful. This has happened before and if you're not going to start cutting down on it, the disrespect is going to continue."

"From my standpoint as a guy who is physical on the ice, guys are trying to be physical with me," Cooke said. "I know who's on the ice, and I'm responsible for myself. I'm not going to leave myself in a vulnerable position two feet from the boards when I know someone's coming."

With any luck at all, he hasn't even seen physical response to him yet. With any luck at all, he will. Very soon.

This is a good read.

Well, Cooke pretty much said it all. That he could not care less if he injures or even kills another player, because in his mind, every player he ever hit in a dirty fashion deserved it. And the only thing he is worried about when he makes a dirty hit on someone, is not whether they are hurt or not, but whether he will get suspended.

There you have it NHL... Right from Cookes mouth. He will NOT stop playing dirty until the league says "thats enough" and hands him a massive suspension.

And even then, he'll likely keep playing the way he does because he feels if your head is down or you are facing the boards, the only proper thing to do is either run you head first into the boards, or gain as much speed and you can and jump into their head with a flying elbow. And if you skate by him, naturally the only thing he can do is throw his knee out and try to break yours.

The other person that suggest his behavior, and his response to his own behavior is that of a sociopath, had it pretty right on. "Its always the other guys fault, I have NEVER done ANYTHING wrong!" Go check the criteria for being a sociopath, and you will see that Cooke pretty much exhibits damn near every sociopathic tendency on the list.

I actually like the suggestion of declaring open season on Cooke for a week with no suspensions. That would teach that little punk, well, at least for a week it would, then he'd be up to the same s***, I'm sure.

And somewhat unrelated, but another thing that pisses me off about Cooke, is that the guy is not only the dirtiest player on the ice, and a cheapshot artist, but he is a total ******* *****. He wears that visor, and refuses to fight, unless its some non-fighter he knows he can take and/or sucker punch. (and even then he would never even dream of taking his visor off, cause he is a little *****)

You don't see other guys like Pronger acting like that. Challenge Pronger, and he'll throw down with you, not puss out like a little *****.

Cooke is a total coward and *****, in addition to holding the title of "Dirtiest player in the NHL"

Edited by sleepwalker

Someone please ask Pronger to deck him out at center ice next time the Flyers play Pittsburgh.

I would openly applaud Pronger if he did that.

I was going to say that I'd get a Flyers Pronger jersey, but that would be too far. :P