• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#61 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

I just wonder how long it's going to take, or how many guys he puts out of the game with injuries before someone realizes this.

Cooke is a Penguin. Unless he gets traded to another team and takes one of those dirty runs at Crosby, the league will never do anything to punish Cooke.

As you suggested, having a headhunter go after, and take care of, Cooke is the only way he will ever get whats coming to him, unfortunately.

#62 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

You guys are overreacting. Cooke is just a good ol North American boy whose aggression is misunderstood. <_<

#63 howeaboutthat

howeaboutthat

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

You guys are overreacting. Cooke is just a good ol North American boy whose aggression is misunderstood. <_<

When even the NA boys flag waver-in-chief, Don Cherry, is criticising your play you may well have a problem. :scared:

#64 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,281 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

Still no suspension?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#65 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

I knew Cooke was a repeat offender, but jesus, that montage in the Cherry video is ridiculous. Cooke has no business being on the ice. What a disgrace to the league.

#66 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

still no suspension
oh well..time to move on

#67 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Crosby and his team have said they don't like Cooke when he does that stuff... They came out after the Savard hit and said that shouldn't be in the game.

Wasn't, 'they' just Bill Guerin?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#68 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

He's the only one I remember commenting on it as well... most of the other guys just tiptoed around it, or said "I haven't seen it"

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#69 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

As stated in "Pirate Radio"..."Spoken like a five-star chicken."

Of course, Andrew Ference comes out and says his teammate was wrong, and gets raked over the coals for it. I shouldn't be surprised that no one wants to come out and tell the truth about Cooke.

Someone is going to get him. I don't know who, and I don't know when, but it's gonna happen. And it won't be pretty when it does. But if he expects to get sympathy when and if it happens, the only place he's gonna find it is the dictionary.
Posted Image

#70 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

As far as I recall, you're correct. All Crosby said was (paraphrasing) "You don't like seeing a guy on the ice like that, whether it's a teammate or opposing player," and that the league needed to clarify things regarding headshots. The only condemnation on the Penguins came from Guerin (which is surprising, since he was just as much a ****** as the rest of that team).

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#71 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

As far as I recall, you're correct. All Crosby said was (paraphrasing) "You don't like seeing a guy on the ice like that, whether it's a teammate or opposing player," and that the league needed to clarify things regarding headshots. The only condemnation on the Penguins came from Guerin (which is surprising, since he was just as much a ****** as the rest of that team).

Guerin had been a ****** off the ice and was guilty of gooning it up at times, but I wouldn't say he was ever really a dirty player, got to at least give him that...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#72 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the Ovechkin hit really wasn't that bad? It may have been a stupid play but I don't think he meant to trip him like that. He went in for a big hit, Ovechkin got out of the way but not quite enough. Cooke is a ******, but I don't think this hit was that bad.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#73 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the Ovechkin hit really wasn't that bad? It may have been a stupid play but I don't think he meant to trip him like that. He went in for a big hit, Ovechkin got out of the way but not quite enough. Cooke is a ******, but I don't think this hit was that bad.

It's more the path he took to the hit, it was a suicide path and then the action of sticking the leg out when the hit was missed, regardless of the severity of the injury, is NEVER acceptable... that is how knees are blown out...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#74 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Exactly. He was going for a blindside hit initially and had to settle for kneeing.

ABV_sig.png

#75 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

I don't think he meant to trip him like that.

You are obviously not familiar with Matt Cooke and his style of "play". If you were, there would be no question that it was intentional and he did mean to stick his knee out like that in an attempt to injure Ovechkin. Thats what he does. He throws his knees out in attempts to injure people. This is not the first, or fifth, or tenth time he has done it. He literally does it ALL the time. Dirtiest player on the ice by far. He makes guys like Pronger look like boy scouts.

#76 OrlandoWingFan

OrlandoWingFan

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

You are obviously not familiar with Matt Cooke and his style of "play". If you were, there would be no question that it was intentional and he did mean to stick his knee out like that in an attempt to injure Ovechkin. Thats what he does. He throws his knees out in attempts to injure people. This is not the first, or fifth, or tenth time he has done it. He literally does it ALL the time. Dirtiest player on the ice by far. He makes guys like Pronger look like boy scouts.

no s***. there's not too many players I hate worse than him but this guy takes the cake. he represents everything I hate about todays nhl.

#77 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

It reminds me of the time Chris Pronger was playing in St. Louis in '02, and he tried this trick with Stevie...and you know what happened then. Matt Cooke should try one of these knee to knee contact hits, and suffer the same consequences that Pronger did.
Posted Image

#78 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

And again tonight? I'm not watching the game, but I'm hearing rumblings on Twitter...plus looking at the box score tonight (attached)...

Attached File  Screenshot.png   11.18KB   47 downloads

Matt Cooke is now trending nationwide on Twitter. Wow.

Edited by edicius, 08 February 2011 - 07:54 PM.

ABV_sig.png

#79 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

Cooke jumped into and hit a Columbus player from behind.

Posted Image

#80 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

Posted Image

gif from HF boards.