• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#81 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

How long can the NHL go ignoring someone that clearly has no respect for his fellow players..?

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Cooke is the very definition of "dirty player". It's getting old, he needs to be sitting for a long time.

#83 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image

#84 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Must be nice to enjoy protected status from the league. Let's see Campbell and Bettman try and explain away another non-suspension of Cooke.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#85 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Cooke is the very definition of "dirty player". It's getting old, he needs to be sitting for a long time.

Agree, I wouldn't be against throwing him out of the league.

I really think the NHL needs to do some thing here and get tough with suspensions. Crosby is out, and Ovechkin was almost injured. Soon all they'll be left with is Cooke type mediocre players.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#86 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

Agree, I wouldn't be against throwing him out of the league.

I wouldn't be against making it illegal for him to play hockey at all. But that's me.

#87 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

Must be nice to enjoy protected status from the league. Let's see Campbell and Bettman try and explain away another non-suspension of Cooke.

they might not even explain

#88 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

they might not even explain

There's really something wrong with the NHL if they don't do anything to Cooke, especially with Crosby out. Who's next as targets for the goons and cheap shot artists? Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

The higher ups in the NHL are a joke!

I wouldn't be against making it illegal for him to play hockey at all. But that's me.

:thumbup:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#89 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

:thumbup:

I actually thought people on here were going to chew me out for that comment for being too harsh or whatever. Oh well. There's still time.

#90 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Can't believe what a scumbag this guy is. Penguin slappies on HF are claiming that it's not Cooke's fault because Fedor glanced back and clearly saw him at the last second. As if that makes it ok for Cooke to try and piledrive the guys face into the glass. Seriously... why isn't someone decimating this clown?

Edited by Broken 16, 08 February 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#91 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

Wow, not surprised there was another so soon.

Stolen from HF:
Posted Image

Edited by cjm502, 08 February 2011 - 10:35 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

I actually thought people on here were going to chew me out for that comment for being too harsh or whatever. Oh well. There's still time.

The league is better without these type of players running around. I thought, and still do think, when Lemieux hit Draper he should have been thrown out of the League.

I've been complaining for years how mediocrity rules the NHL with how easily their best teams can be eliminated in the playoffs in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Making for horrible match ups later on, and encouraging teams to play the trap. If mediocre players are going to continue to be allowed to injure the game's top stars, then there's no question in my mind mediocrity rules the NHL. No wonder why ESPN isn't interested.

Edited by Barrie, 08 February 2011 - 10:34 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#93 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

Penguin slappies on HF are claiming that it's not Cooke's fault because Fedor glanced back and clearly saw him at the last second.

I have a lot of friends from Pittsburgh and it didn't take long to learn just how crazy they are about their sports teams. My goodness. It's like a whole new personality. Sometimes it seems as if it doesn't matter how much of a scumbag a certain athlete is. If they even feel the slightest bit of threat then a good majority of them exhibit a symptom that is a cross between Johnnie Cochran and John McEnroe. Denial with animation. They actually might be the most "loyal" fans in America but it's pretty extreme.

#94 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

I have a lot of friends from Pittsburgh and it didn't take long to learn just how crazy they are about their sports teams. My goodness. It's like a whole new personality. Sometimes it seems as if it doesn't matter how much of a scumbag a certain athlete is. If they even feel the slightest bit of threat then a good majority of them exhibit a symptom that is a cross between Johnnie Cochran and John McEnroe. Denial with animation. They actually might be the most "loyal" fans in America but it's pretty extreme.

I will say this though... in looking at that replay closer above. Cooke could have done him in A LOT worse. There was a level of respect. A shred. A shred of a shred. :)

Edited by Broken 16, 08 February 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#95 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

I understand making a dirty play once in a while ala OV and Briere, but Cooke seems to do it at least once a month.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#96 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

Cooke is an unadulterated piece of s***. He is the worst kind of goon because he has no respect for his fellow players, let alone himself. If the NHL won't do anything about him then the players should. Let it be.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#97 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Craig Button finally called him out on the NHL network. Now suspend the f***** before he hurts someone again. I'm a hockey fan, I dont wanna see great players like Marc Savard having there careers shortened by no class, no respect, no talent, cheapshot artists like Cooke. People hate on enforcers here alot, enforcers would never do the classless things this ******* does.

#NOMOREKINDL

#98 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

Wow, not surprised there was another so soon.

Stolen from HF:
Posted Image

needs to be out of the league. he isnt even one of those players you hate but would love on your team. he's just garbage.

#99 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

He never tries to play the puck or body, just the head or knee.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#100 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

Can't believe what a scumbag this guy is. Penguin slappies

I know a lot of hockey fans that follow all different teams, and I have literally never spoke to one person, other that Penguins slappies, that didn't think Cooke was a total piece of s***.