• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#101 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

This guy has already ruined Marc Savard's career, he's throwing these types of hits on a weekly basis. The league won't throw him out. Hell, they won't even suspend him. So someone's gonna have to force him out. This is just sad that a total scumbag is allowed to run around and do this kind of s***. He hides behind the refs and that visor whenever he is challenged. He's got ZERO respect for other players. What's it gonna take? How you can justify these antics? None of his teammates have spoken out on it, and I don't know how someone can ignore this kind of stuff. I don't care if he's on your team or not. This stuff doesn't belong in the game. It's a damn shame that players like Matt Cooke do nothing but take out knees and throw hits from behind, and never have to fight their battles. He's got Eric Godard and Mike Rupp to fight his battles.

Rant over, for now.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#102 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

And again tonight? I'm not watching the game, but I'm hearing rumblings on Twitter...plus looking at the box score tonight (attached)...

Matt Cooke is now trending nationwide on Twitter. Wow.

Dorsett...niceeee
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#103 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

Wow, not surprised there was another so soon.

Stolen from HF:
Posted Image

Oh. My God... :unsure: :(

This has to stop. Sorry, did he get any sort of punishment for this? Who can we write to or appeal to, this guy has got to go.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#104 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

Oh. My God... :unsure: :(

This has to stop. Sorry, did he get any sort of punishment for this? Who can we write to or appeal to, this guy has got to go.

I'm sure the league will review it. Whether he gets suspended or not, we will find out soon.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#105 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

In the (almost) words of Don Cherry, Cooke is "a gutless, backstabbing little f*ck."

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#106 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

I'm sure the league will review it. Whether he gets suspended or not, we will find out soon.

This is a chance for the NHL to set an example without worrying about having to do something bold like punish a star player.

Can't wait to see how Campbell screws it up.

In the (almost) words of Don Cherry, Cooke is "a gutless, backstabbing little f*ck."

Cherry won't stand for punks messing with his Bruins.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#107 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:51 AM

oh, boy! what a piece of s*** cooke is...
and these clowns on versus yesterday called him being 'a very effective' player for pens...

#108 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:51 AM

This is a chance for the NHL to set an example without worrying about having to do something bold like punish a star player.

Can't wait to see how Campbell screws it up.

Cherry won't stand for punks messing with his Bruins.

It's like he said - this absolutely sets a standard for the rest of the League. When a punk like Cooke earns the title of cheapshot artist on an almost nightly basis with no discipline from the League brass, what's to stop someone else from doing the same thing?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#109 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:54 AM

It's like he said - this absolutely sets a standard for the rest of the League. When a punk like Cooke earns the title of cheapshot artist on an almost nightly basis with no discipline from the League brass, what's to stop someone else from doing the same thing?

The logo on their sweater

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#110 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

The logo on their sweater

Posted Image

#111 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

Wow... looks like the suspension (if any) will be no more than 5 games:
Both hearings will be held over the phone, meaning any suspension would amount to five games or less.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#112 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

Wow... looks like the suspension (if any) will be no more than 5 games:
Both hearings will be held over the phone, meaning any suspension would amount to five games or less.

To be fair, the hit doesn't warrant more than a 1 or 2 game suspension.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#113 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

To be fair, the hit doesn't warrant more than a 1 or 2 game suspension.

Yet we're told time and time again that being a repeat offender warrents extra time added to the suspension. Cooke's not only a repeat offender he's had two highly discussed dirty hits in the last frigging week. The hockey world is buzzing about this douchebag and Campbell had a chance to lay down the law without worrying about offending a soul. s***, I doubt his own teammates would argue much.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#114 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

I trust "Colie" to act with 100% integrity
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#115 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:49 AM

You know Cooke is a true piece of s*** when we are all agreeing with Don Cherry.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#116 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

The NHL is just as responsible for this happening as Cooke. If they suspended his ass, and I'm talking severe suspension not a slap on the wrist, he would quit. The fact that he wasn't suspended for essentially ending Marc Savard's career is why Cooke feels like he can do whatever the hell he wants out there. Its BS. Not suspending him is telling him what he's doing is fine.

#117 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:02 AM

I'd be surprised if he gets more than a single game. Hell, I'll really be surprised if he gets more than a fine.

Meanwhile, Volchenkov will probably get the full five games.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#118 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

I hope he burns in hockey hell.

#119 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:08 AM

Meanwhile, Volchenkov will probably get the full five games.

#120 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

I fear that it's going to take a player ending up in a coma before they finally put the blame where it belongs - on Cooke's shoulders.
Posted Image