#161 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

More than I expected.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#162 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

Kill the Cooke!!!
If only every team in the league took a run at Cooke, every game he was on the ice.
Someone needs to frag this idiot.

He shouldn't have been able to hurt Tyutin, because he should have been suspended for hitting Ovie, this is Campbell's fault, entirely.

#163 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

If I'm following the top secret suspension flow chart correctly he should have gotten at least 5... <_<

Top Secret Flow Chart

Now, in spite of Cooke, the Criminal, THIS is funny! Thanks! :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#164 Ericfire77

Ericfire77

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

Let's not forget Cooke almost did the same thing he did to Tyutin on Feb 2nd. Luckily Dipietro stepped in.
Cooke
I'm shocked he recieved 4 games for last nights hit. But at least its a step in the right direction

Edited by Ericfire77, 09 February 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#165 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

Was the suspension due to the boarding hit or for the boarding hit AND knee to knee on OV?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#166 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

For anyone else, the punishment fit the crime(and maybe was even a bit harsh), but for Cooke, they're going to have to suspend him for a SERIOUS chunk of games before it will even drive the message home to him, if ever... this is not enough...

Like I've said in other threads, I would like him removed from the game altogether... by ANY means necessary

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#167 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Like I've said in other threads, I would like him removed from the game altogether... by ANY means necessary

It's a Sicilian message... Matt Cooke sleeps with the fishes.
Posted Image

Edited by HankthaTank, 09 February 2011 - 04:42 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#168 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

For anyone else, the punishment fit the crime(and maybe was even a bit harsh), but for Cooke, they're going to have to suspend him for a SERIOUS chunk of games before it will even drive the message home to him, if ever... this is not enough...

I agree. At this time of the season I think he should be suspended for the rest of the season including playoffs. That may hit home. This 4 game suspension is a joke and will not deter him. If the NHL won't do anything about it someone on the ice needs to. :ranting:

#169 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Good to see that Cooke is sitting for his actions.. I do have a question though, why do the refs never call it checking from behind?
IPB Image

#170 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

I understand making a dirty play once in a while ala OV and Briere, but Cooke seems to do it at least once a month.

try every game. hes had 2 major ones in the last week or so, both deserving suspension.

#171 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

To borrow a witticism from Foghorn Leghorn, Matt Cooke is about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#172 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

:ph34r:

Anybody got a horse's head handy? Doesn't probably have to be a race horse-type. :cool:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#173 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Alright Stevkrause... I'll hire the hitman and you get started on framing Cooke's whiny boy teammate.

#174 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Alright Stevkrause... I'll hire the hitman and you get started on framing Cooke's whiny boy teammate.

Have him stuff the body in the dryer from those annoying commercials and maybe we can frame he and Talbot at the same time... wait, that probably won't work, Mario probably didn't let him bring that eyesore with him from his parents house and he can't move out of the Lemieux's until he proves his a big boy...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#175 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

Have him stuff the body in the dryer from those annoying commercials and maybe we can frame he and Talbot at the same time... wait, that probably won't work, Mario probably didn't let him bring that eyesore with him from his parents house and he can't move out of the Lemieux's until he proves his a big boy...

Homeland Security has a watch on LGW now...... :ph34r:

:P
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#176 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:22 AM

Agreed. It's still more than I thought he would get.

The head officiating office must have had to add a "Dammit, Cooke!" section to their flowchart.

:thumbup: :siren: :clap:

#177 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

Ken Daneyko

"I played against Matt Cooke, and [Devils announcer] Doc Emrick has let it be known that we used to have epic battles. Even when I was older, he used to get under my skin so bad that I wanted to two-hand him over the head. And I probably should have, and taken the suspension back then. [Laughs]

"However, he is a valuable player. He does his job. He is an agitator. But right now, enough is enough. The guy can skate, hit ... he just doesn't get it, and I don't know if he knows any better.

"I watched that play over and over, hitting Tyutin from behind. Now, some people say that players have to protect themselves, and I don't know why they turn their bodies to the boards. But he was gliding. He had some time to react, to go in gingerly, and he doesn't. He just does not know any better, or he just won't change.

"I'm as crazy as this: The NHL [should declare] open season for one week on Matt Cooke. You won't get suspended. Then we'll see if he'll continue [his behavior] for the rest of the season or his career."

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl-319206

#178 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

From TSN:

Former NHLer Jeremy Roenick, who is never at a loss for words when it comes to issues in the game, didn't mince words about Cooke during his appearance on TSN's Off The Record on Wednesday.

"I think he should have gotten 10 (games). This is Matt Cooke; he's gone down this road before and he's been known to do things like this," said Roenick. "(Tyutin) had his back to him the whole time and not once did Matt Cooke not see his numbers or his name and he still hit him. To me, that's a cheapshot and it's disrespectful. This has happened before and if you're not going to start cutting down on it, the disrespect is going to continue."

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#179 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

I'd still like to see someone on the Penguins have the balls to call him out for his garbage like Guerin did.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#180 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

Daneyko was on VS last night, and likened Cooke to a sociopath, that he never ever thinks he does anything wrong