• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/7 GDT: Rangers 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

LOL, Avery. You want to fake being hurt, we'll make it hurt!

I was actually imagining his head falling right off his body and thalumping along the ice, his wide eyes staring, his lips mouthing, "WAH! WAH!"

well that was a hell of a ending

defense better even though they gave up 47 shots

didnt give up 3 or 4 goals :thumbup:

datsyuk :thumbup:

hudler :thumbup:

jimmy howard 45 saves :thumbup:

PK helmer and zetterberg :thumbup:

PP :thumbdown:

kindl :thumbdown:

i hope howard can keep it up

you forgot to add

rafalski :thumbdown:

ericsson :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

also, kindl should be :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Edited by atodaso

whats ******* awesome is pavel isnt even 100% yet and he kicked ass tonight

He is a purveyor of unreality. Watching him sort of hang back on the backcheck, then come out of nowhere to steal the puck, like he knew what was happening all along, like it was all planned out ahead of time... just blows my mind.

I'm going to have to not applaud Jimmy. Yeah, he made 45 saves, but I can't recall all that many that were all that amazing. There were a handful, but largely I thought the Wings did a good job making them take ineffective shots. Howard certainly didn't play bad, but this is sort of what we should be expecting from him all the time, more 2 goal games than 3. So I'm glad he didn't suck but I'm witholding hope until I see him string together a few good wins.

I feel the need to point out again that Howie always spoke highly of you, along with one other poster here.

I feel the need to point out again that Howie always spoke highly of you, along with one other poster here.

:lol: I suppose I am becoming a bit of a basher, but he's just been so damn disappointing. I think other than Jason Williams, he's been the one Red Wing I can remember ever since I started watching them that I just don't have much faith in at all. Lebda was fun to make fun of, too, I guess, but I was on the Lebda>Lilja bus for a couple of seasons. Look, I can admit when Howard is good, which I think sets me apart from an actual "basher." If you look through my history, there have been plenty of "Howard is a god" type comments from me, but come on, two months of vastly sub-par performances is more than a slump.

However, I will be more than happy to lay off of him once he strings together...I don't know, four 2 goal or less games in a six game stretch, just to put out a random benchmark.

:lol: I suppose I am becoming a bit of a basher, but he's just been so damn disappointing. I think other than Jason Williams, he's been the one Red Wing I can remember ever since I started watching them that I just don't have much faith in at all. Lebda was fun to make fun of, too, I guess, but I was on the Lebda>Lilja bus for a couple of seasons. Look, I can admit when Howard is good, which I think sets me apart from an actual "basher." If you look through my history, there have been plenty of "Howard is a god" type comments from me, but come on, two months of vastly sub-par performances is more than a slump.

However, I will be more than happy to lay off of him once he strings together...I don't know, four 2 goal or less games in a six game stretch, just to put out a random benchmark.

You have a good attitude, VM. :) I was just being my ol' smartass self. I often say the same things - maybe about different players, but yeah. ;)

Babcock, Keep this line together, this is what happens:

dathudcle.jpg

I would have never guessed this combo would click so well, but s***, Babs this is IT.

When Healthy something like this would be awesome:

Huds-Dats-Cleary

Mule-Z-Homer

Flip-Modo-Bert

Eaves-Helm-Abs/Miller

Well, including tonight, he's let in two or less 3 of the past 4 games...so I guess just one more eh :sly:

You have a good attitude, VM. :) I was just being my ol' smartass self. I often say the same things - maybe about different players, but yeah. ;)

There's always a fine line between healthy criticism and blind "fan" hatred. I was not initially a Howard fan, though he converted me last year and the first two months of this season, but even now with his disappointing play I hold out hope he can get it together. My Internet pride is not so great that I would hate to be proven wrong in doubting Howard.

I was just watching the Red Wings TV bit they post on facebook after the game -- guy interviewing Pavs asks him how long he thinks it'll be before his game is back to where he wants it. In true Pav form, he answers "I think, uh, 2014," in the way that only Pavel could. :lol:

I loved watching Cleary/Dats/Hulder. Any chance that line lasts once we are healthy? I guess once Modano gets back it wouldn't work, but I hope to see a bit more of it in the coming games.

I hope they can stay together and be productive. That would allow Franzen and Bertuzzi to stay on Zetterberg's line and as we saw in the playoffs and in Ottawa we know that line can dominate. We'll have to watch this Datsyuk line and the Zetterberg/Bert/Franzen line play together long term to really know if they're good combos or just flashes in the pan.

But damn... if the top two lines are Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary and Franzen/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi that leaves a mix of Filppula, Modano, Homer and Eaves to play the 3rd (assuming Homer can play the third, otherwise he'd move down to the 4th and play limited 5-on-5 time but extensive PP time). A 3rd line with Val, Modano and Eaves on it makes the team very balanced and formidable. Filppula's shown he can punish other third lines with his puck skills.

you forgot to add

rafalski :thumbdown:

ericsson :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

also, kindl should be :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Why exactly did Ericsson deserve three thumbs down? Not his best game maybe, but it's not like he was playing last season.

Yes he had the high sticking penalty on that d-bag Avery, but the last goal was on Rafalski not picking up his man and being weak around the net, not E. I'd flip Raf's and E's ratings there.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Yes he had the high sticking penalty on that d-bag Avery, but the last goal was on Rafalski not picking up his man and being weak around the net, not E. I'd flip Raf's and E's ratings there.

We are talking about the 2-on-1, right? Rafalski maybe could've gotten away with attacking Avery right at the Wings' blue line but he was put in a tough situation. Ericsson should have been thinking defensively; Avery wouldn't have gotten behind him if he had retreated.

Why exactly did Ericsson deserve three thumbs down? Not his best game maybe, but it's not like he was playing last season.

alright, let's make it ericsson :thumbdown: :thumbdown: and rafalski :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

it's not like either one of them knows how to play D properly.

you're right about rafalski being weak around the net though. the guy looks totally clueless out there. not to mention the turnovers. :ranting:

when is stuart coming back? these d-pairings suck big time

I counted 4 or 5 times guys were directing traffic in the defensive zone. Its a horror show out there. You can play that way if you have a mega-stud in goal, but really - who thinks we are long for the playoffs with this defensive corp?

He is a purveyor of unreality. Watching him sort of hang back on the backcheck, then come out of nowhere to steal the puck, like he knew what was happening all along, like it was all planned out ahead of time... just blows my mind.

e490.jpg

He can see things before they happen......It is a Jedi trait.