• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingzman91

Trade Deadline and You are GM.

Rate this topic

Meech, 2nd round pick to Ott for Campoli.

Hudler, Salei, 2 1st round picks to Fla for Weiss.

I did the numbers on the trade machine at CG and it all should fit, im not great with ltir.

Z-D-H---------------------------Lids-Big E

Mule-Flip-Cleary-------------Kron-Raffi

Eaves-Weiss-Bert ----------Camper-Stuart

Abs-Helm-Miller-------------Kindl

Draper

Modano(March)

Howard

Ozzy(March)

Campoli is doing better than Salei, I think with his age he will adapt better, get a chance to play on the 2nd pairing, make it a clear fight between Big-E and Kindl,and he's a RFA after this season.

Weiss is great, I see him alot here in FL, he would do great in our system and he is under contract for 2 more years. That would end the Modano experiment.

No backup needed till next year, MacDonald will just have to step up till the Oz man cometh.

Best I could do.

What do you guys got?

Edited by Wingzman91

No, on both your trades.

I doubt Florida would take our depth guys, and one dimensional Hudler, for thier longest tenured player. Salei being in that deal is just not something that happens. On top of that, 2 1sts might be enough by itself and is completely ridiculous for a player like Wiess anyway. Hudler and a 1st would be too much for Kenny I believe.

Also, you don't trade a 2nd round pick for Campoli and we don't need him anyway.

If we make a deal, it will almost certainly be for a goalie.

How about for fun, we take your trades an tweak em...

No Weiss, but Clemmanson from FLA instead. Give em Corey Emmerton or some older fringe prospect.

Carkner from OTT, instead of Campoli. 3rd round pick.

Kenny, get r done!

Edited by achildr1

No, on both your trades.

I doubt Florida would take our depth guys, and one dimensional Hudler, for thier longest tenured player. Salei being in that deal is just not something that happens.

Also, you don't trade a 2nd round pick for Campoli and we don't need him anyway.

If we make a deal, it will almost certainly be for a goalie.

In comparison to your suggestions, mine look amazing.

Florida is on the edge, if they sink Tallon is going to rebuild, and Weiss has been a name thrown around alot, its not something I made up.

Hence the two 1st round picks, which I think is more than generous considering.

Hudler, Salei are salary dump in my plan and are needed one way or another to make the transactions, also FL would need some players to round out the lineup if they are selling off more players.

(McCabe, Reasoner, Frolik, Matthias, Vokoun, etc)

But, seriously, you come on to the post and do the opposite of what I was asking all around. Classy.

Should have labeled "Duck Hunt Trade Ideas"

Look man, I figured you'd get mad. Sorry, but your ideas just aren't realistic. If that's what YOU want, great. But if this thread goes anywhere I'd be willing to bet the majority of posters would not only give an emphatic NO to the idea of trading 2 1st round picks in any one deal, let alone for a third line center. I don't believe Tallon will get that, let alone your type deal, from anyone for Weiss. He's just simply not worth it. As a note, I've heard Weiss's name in rumours too, wasn't saying he wouldn't be dealt.

Campoli is an offensive minded 5th or 6th d-man on this team. Not worth a 2nd. Carkner would cost less, or the same (not a 2nd) and bring something we don't have.

I hold true to that, if we get nothing else at the deadline, we will most likely aquire a goaltender.

Edit: If we trade 2, 1st round picks in any deal it will almost certainly be/should be towards Nick's replacemant.

As well, I think FLA's trade block looks like: McCabe, Olesz, Vokoun, Clemmanson, Stillman, Weiss.

Edited by achildr1

Look man, I figured you'd get mad. Sorry, but your ideas just aren't realistic. If that's what YOU want, great. But if this thread goes anywhere I'd be willing to bet the majority of posters would not only give an emphatic NO to the idea of trading 2 1st round picks in any one deal, let alone for a third line center. I don't believe Tallon will get that, let alone your type deal, from anyone for Weiss. He's just simply not worth it.

Campoli is an offensive minded 5th or 6th d-man on this team. Not worth a 2nd. Carkner would cost less, or the same (not a 2nd) and bring something we don't have.

I hold true to that, if we get nothing else at the deadline, we will most likely aquire a goaltender.

Edit: If we trade 2, 1st round picks in any deal it will almost certainly be/should be towards Nick's replacemant.

I'm not mad, and like i said 2 1sts is more than generous, thats what i'd be willing to do.

I was more hoping people would post what they would do, not how bad my GM skills are :)

In my assumptions, Lidstrom plays 2 more years :)

Conklin would have been the goalie i'd have picked, and got Matthias or Frolik from FL, but, Ozzy isn't going to retire, so we wouldn't really have room, and I don't think Kenny forces Ozzy to quit before the season is over.

I'm not mad, and like i said 2 1sts is more than generous, thats what i'd be willing to do.

I was more hoping people would post what they would do, not how bad my GM skills are :)

In my assumptions, Lidstrom plays 2 more years :)

Conklin would have been the goalie i'd have picked, and got Matthias or Frolik from FL, but, Ozzy isn't going to retire, so we wouldn't really have room, and I don't think Kenny forces Ozzy to quit before the season is over.

Right. I don't see Ozzy retiring, and unfortunetly, if he doesn't I don't see Kenny cutting him loose either. Kenny has serious man love for Osgood. What I do see if Kenny picking up another goalie to challenge for the job and possibly force Osgood out. Kind of like Maltby this year, he can still play for us of he wants, just in GR most of the time. The Nabokov thing kind of proved that, because I believe if Nabby would have wanted to, he would of been around next year. And Howard would stay over Osgood.

I like Conklin in theory but he's having a terrible season and we need something a little more sure.

Edited by achildr1

Right. I don't see Ozzy retiring, and unfortunetly, if he doesn't I don't see Kenny cutting him loose either. Kenny has serious man love for Osgood. What I do see if Kenny picking up another goalie to challenge for the job and possibly force Osgood out. Kind of like Maltby this year, he can still play for us of he wants, just in GR most of the time. The Nabokov thing kind of proved that, because I believe if Nabby would have wanted to, he would of been around next year. And Howard would stay over Osgood.

I like Conklin in theory but he's having a terrible season and we need something a little more sure.

Capwise you have to move someone, if Osgood doesn't get traded his contract counts, even if he retires or goes to the AHL.

Thats why I gave up on figuring out the backup this year, its Osgood.

Capwise you have to move someone, if Osgood doesn't get traded his contract counts, even if he retires or goes to the AHL.

Thats why I gave up on figuring out the backup this year, its Osgood.

I really hope this gets figured out. Osgood shouldn't have been our backup this year, let alone next. Treating a veteran goalie the same way you treated Maltby is tricky. You can't be worse then a guy that would replace you for three years and still have a job.

We should probably trade Datsyuk and Zetterberg too... maybe we can get a young North American player with a mean streak!!!

or better yet, full roster turn over!

first, trade Miller and Draper to Washington for Ovechkin and Backstrom, then trade Howard to Vancouver for Luongo, then bring Gerard Gallant out of retirement and trade him to Calgary for Jerome Iginla... trade Stuart and Rafalski's no trade clauses (not the players themselves, but actually trade their no trade clauses for a bag of pucks - this frees the player up to then be traded), then trade Rafalski for Atlanta's next 12 first round picks and Stuart to Tampa Bay for Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis... then trade Filppula for Boogard (who needs a soft euro that's defensively responsible and capable of 70+ pt seasons??!!? - we need toughness!) promote McCollum, Kindl, Brendan Smith and a 14 year old prospect from BC - because he won a ton of fights in Bantam AAA and we really need that grit on the back end... force Holmstrom and Osgood to retire... finally, get everyone to restructure their contracts (even though the CBA doesn't allow contract restructuring - they'll make an exception!) for league minimum

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ovechkin

Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla

Cleary-Lecavalier-St.Louis

Abdelkader-Helm-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Kindl

Smith-14 year old prospect

Luongo

McCollum

what an infusion of vets and prospects!

:ph34r:

We should probably trade Datsyuk and Zetterberg too... maybe we can get a young North American player with a mean streak!!!

first, trade Miller and Draper to Washington for Ovechkin and Backstrom, then trade Howard to Vancouver for Luongo, then bring Gerard Gallant out of retirement and trade him to Calgary for Jerome Iginla... trade Stuart and Rafalski's no trade clauses (not the players themselves, but actually trade their no trade clauses for a bag of pucks - this frees the player up to then be traded), then trade Rafalski for Atlanta's next 12 first round picks and Stuart to Tampa Bay for Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis... then trade Filppula for Boogard (who needs a soft euro that's defensively responsible and capable of 70+ pt seasons??!!? - we need toughness!) promote McCollum, Kindl, Brendan Smith and a 14 year old prospect from BC - because he won a ton of fights in Bantam AAA and we really need that grit on the back end... force Holmstrom and Osgood to retire... finally, get everyone to restructure their contracts (even though the CBA doesn't allow contract restructuring - they'll make an exception!) for league minimum

Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla

Abdelkader-Helm-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Kindl

Luongo

McCollum

That was just a touch unnecessary don't ya think?

Anyways,...If Ozzie is done for the year we need a better back up,..stupid islanders.

Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla

Abdelkader-Helm-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Kindl

Luongo

McCollum

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Edited by darkmanx

It's really hard to get an idea of who the Wings would trade in any situation because of the whole loyalty factor.

For example, at this point it seems as if they wouldn't ever trade Draper. Ever.

And would anybody here be surprised if the Wings promised Salei they wouldn't trade him as he signed a one year deal?

I guess my point is that the Wings seem to take a lot of time to make sure they want certain players before they sign them and try their best to give them the security of not having to worry about being traded. So unless you're a case like Ville Leino where other teams actually want the player and he's simply not working out in Detroit then really, who knows which players are plausible for a trade?

If its me I send Miller to rangers with a pick or prospect for Prust.

We get better depth scoring and a mean streak in the lineup that can lay out some bodies and drop the gloves. Our secondary scoring gets a boost and we already have plenty of guys who can kill a penalty as well as Miller does.

If its me I send Miller to rangers with a pick or prospect for Prust.

We get better depth scoring and a mean streak in the lineup that can lay out some bodies and drop the gloves. Our secondary scoring gets a boost and we already have plenty of guys who can kill a penalty as well as Miller does.

I would do this in a second. However, I don't see the Rangers trading Prust with the year he is having there.

A depth d-man maybe like Staios would be nice. Ideally, I would prefer Regehr but unfortunately the Flames have put themselves back in the playoff race lately.

I'm not even going to pretend like I know what the asking price is for either or depth d-men in general. I'll leave that part to Holland.

I would inquire, see what's out there but probably wouldn't make any moves. Before the injuries started accumulating, the Wings were 1st with several games in hand. Besides, the only aspect of our roster right now that actually has me worried about a long playoff run is goaltending, and there aren't a whole lot of cheap options out there right now.

Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla

Abdelkader-Helm-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Kindl

Luongo

McCollum

Pfft. Totally Unrealistic. They won't let us play a 14 year old prospect. :ph34r:

I've heard/read Kris Versteeg could very well be on his way outta T.O. (as well the usual rumours about Kaberle).

Anyone here think either one would look good in the Winged Wheel?

who would kaberle replace?

i've read of interest in staios, whom i'd love to have, but i don't know who we'd replace for these guys once we're all healthy.