• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingzman91

Trade Deadline and You are GM.

Rate this topic

honestly, i think we have enough top six talent at the moment to not trade hudler for some help on D or G. its kind of annoying that we have guys going cold cause they get bottom 2 line minutes due to the extreme depth.

I excluded the empty net goal.

i count it, because he tried to let bert or z (i can't remember) score first, and then he was rewarded. so i don't think it was that cheap. i'll count it. glass half full.

id do hudler or ericsson, miller, and a late pick for zach bogosian.

20 year old 3rd pick overall dman with great potential, who is struggling with management in Atlanta. I heard somewhere - it might have been nhl.comm that atlanta would move him if the deal is sweet enough.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-thrashers/2011/2/9/1984579/zach-bogosian-trade-talk-begins-unfounded-assumptions-surround

That's not enough man. This is a 3rd overall, 20 year old d-man with big time potential, as you said, that could be a #1 guy. Our scraps aren't gonna cut it. I'd say it would take Tater, Smith, or a 1st to start with. A roster player out of Ericsson, Kindl, or Filpulla. If it were Hudler, we'd probably have to tack on a mid level prospect.

Hudler/Ericsson

Emmerton

1st

...and they'd probably still say no.

Smith

Filpulla

+pick

...probably do it except not sure Kenny would.

Edited by achildr1

That's not enough man. This is a 3rd overall, 20 year old d-man with big time potential, as you said, that could be a #1 guy. Our scraps aren't gonna cut it. I'd say it would take Tater, Smith, or a 1st to start with. A roster player out of Ericsson, Kindl, or Filpulla. If it were Hudler, we'd probably have to tack on a mid level prospect.

Hudler/Ericsson

Emmerton

1st

...and they'd probably still say no.

Smith

Filpulla

+pick

...probably do it except not sure Kenny would.

Holland wouldn't do that trade. Smith is a season away from QB'n his own PP and Filppula is a rare bread in a second line center.

Hudler

Mursak

Pyett

Lashoff

3rd

Might get it done. might have to throw in Kindl or Ericsson as well, though.

time to get the roster a little younger, not sure who'll they release to make it happen thou. gotta do it soon thou as the core is growing older and slower together and its gunna bit us on the arse sooner rather than later. you need exp on the roster, just not sure as to how many we seem to carry. Get some young blood in and give them some games under their belt.

Stuart had over 200 hits last year. His highest total since the lockout (possibly a career high, NHL.com doesn't have pre-lockout hits). He was pretty close to that pace again this year. He still is more physical than Mesz, or certainly on a similar level.

He has been rock solid for most of the past two seasons defensively. Easily 2nd best on the team. For many games both last year and this, he was arguably even better than Nick. Like most people, you probably just fixate on the mistakes. Watch any player close enough, looking for flaws, and you will find them.

It was his highest total since the lockout due to the fact he was playing healthy instead of constantly being either out of the lineup or having just returned from an injury. As for Stuart's defense last year and this year, you are seriously off-base. He has been at his worst defensively of any point as a Red Wing. Compare his play this year, on the defensive side only, to what he looked like in 2008 or 2009. It's not even close.

Stuart right now is no better than Lilja. He's no more physical, no more productive offensively, and blocks fewer shots. Maybe we could trade Stuart for Lilja?

It was his highest total since the lockout due to the fact he was playing healthy instead of constantly being either out of the lineup or having just returned from an injury. As for Stuart's defense last year and this year, you are seriously off-base. He has been at his worst defensively of any point as a Red Wing. Compare his play this year, on the defensive side only, to what he looked like in 2008 or 2009. It's not even close.

Stuart right now is no better than Lilja. He's no more physical, no more productive offensively, and blocks fewer shots. Maybe we could trade Stuart for Lilja?

If Stuart was playing anywhere near the close to uselessness Lilja provided, there'd be a bounty on his head. (Even considering the suspect Lilja love affairs! :P) LGW'ers don't ignore a bad cap hit when they see it. Its comments like that that cause me to forget any shred of a logical point that you sometimes almost seem to make. Very Mindfly-esque.

Stuart knows what his size, skates, and stick are for, things Lilja was oblivious to.

If Stuart was playing anywhere near the close to uselessness Lilja provided, there'd be a bounty on his head. (Even considering the suspect Lilja love affairs! :P) LGW'ers don't ignore a bad cap hit when they see it. Its comments like that that cause me to forget any shred of a logical point that you sometimes almost seem to make. Very Mindfly-esque.

Stuart knows what his size, skates, and stick are for, things Lilja was oblivious to.

Lilja hits just as much and just as hard as Stuart, and blocks more shots. He's been more effective defensively over the past year in the games he's played, and he has produced almost as much offense this season.

I'm not complaining about what Stuart was before the middle of last season. Before that, I might have ranked him as a top-pairing caliber defenseman; I would never have ranked Lilja better than a decent second pairing guy at any point in his career. But Stuart's performance has been well below what it was defensively. Maybe it's because he was playing with Lidstrom and felt invincible, but he hasn't looked like he did in his first season-plus with the Wings.

That's just not true. Hudler has been playing very well lately and has been putting up the points along with it. If you want to look at useless players, try looking at some of the other wingers in our top 6. Namely, Bertuzzi and Franzen (one 4 goal game doesn't make up for countless other games where he is invisible).

...but...but...but...Franzen is the next Fedorov, didn't you hear? :ninja: I agree, there have been a lot of invisible players recently, I just don't get it...

time to get the roster a little younger, not sure who'll they release to make it happen thou. gotta do it soon thou as the core is growing older and slower together and its gunna bit us on the arse sooner rather than later. you need exp on the roster, just not sure as to how many we seem to carry. Get some young blood in and give them some games under their belt.

I was just thinking about this earlier. I don't think much is going to happen at the deadline for us, but over the offseason I think there will be some changes. I think Draper and Modano are both done after this year. Maybe sign Drapes to a 1 year but only if it's a two-way deal so he can mentor the prospects in Grand Rapids. I'd like to see us let Salei walk if he decides to play again next year. I think we need to get younger. We've got one of the oldest teams in the league, if not the oldest. Both Lidstrom and Modano are 40 (Although Nick's play hasn't really dropped off), Draper is 39, Holmstrom is 38, Rafalski is 37, and Bertuzzi and Salei are both 36, so of course there are going to be injury problems. These guys that have been a part of this organization for so long are only going to be around so much longer.

I have an unhealthy man crush on martin hanzal. I guess i assume in the Wings system with his size and abilities he could be awesome. he's still really young too. Not to mention he has a mean streak.

Hanzal would be a great pickup, I have always liked him. Holmstrom will probably retire after his contract is up, which means DZH won't exist. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Filppula, Hudler, possibly Cleary, Eaves, Helm will still be around.

Hanzal so far in his career is not a top six forward. He is, of course, only 23. But Phoenix may be more interested in acquiring a couple of decent prospects and a pick in return for Hanzal given that the former first rounder has been a 30-35 point forward every season since his rookie year, and this year is looking to be no different.

Think of it. A top-two line setup of:

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Hanzal

Franzen/Filppula/Hudler

That could be pretty destructive given a year or two more of development for Hanzal, Hudler, and Filppula. Speedy third line of Cleary/Helm/Eaves provides some offense and great defense.

Another defenseman would be nice.

I'm with ya, right now we could move a forward and a d, and take back a better 5 d-man.

Estimating Ericsson(222k) and Eaves(185k), MacDonald(136k) back in AHL and cap space: around 600k cap hit.

600k cap hits:

Sopel - Atl 577k

Lilja - Ana 298k w/bonuses

Hedja - Cbj 495k

Campoli - Ott 346k

There are a few more but I excluded for a few reasons.

I'm with ya, right now we could move a forward and a d, and take back a better 5 d-man.

Estimating Ericsson(222k) and Eaves(185k), MacDonald(136k) back in AHL and cap space: around 600k cap hit.

600k cap hits:

Sopel - Atl 577k

Lilja - Ana 298k w/bonuses

Hedja - Cbj 495k

Campoli - Ott 346k

There are a few more but I excluded for a few reasons.

Brent Sopel came to Traverse City on a tryout contract and failed to beat Brett Lebda for a roster spot in 2007-08. He ended up signing with the Hawks.

Lilja is good, but he's in the Ducks' top four and a key penalty killer for them. After the Mara deal, they're more likely to buy than sell a defenseman at the deadline.

Hejda is a good defensive defenseman, but it's unlikely we'll see any in-division deals involving the Wings.

Campoli and Karlsson make up the core of Ottawa's future defense. The most likely Sens d-men to be dealt are Kuba, who is third-pair there and makes $4m, and Phillips, who turns UFA this summer.

None of these guys are worth Ericsson and Eaves. Campoli is the only one worth replacing Ericsson with, and Ericsson is better than Campoli.