• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#21 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

We should probably trade Datsyuk and Zetterberg too... maybe we can get a young North American player with a mean streak!!!

or better yet, full roster turn over!

first, trade Miller and Draper to Washington for Ovechkin and Backstrom, then trade Howard to Vancouver for Luongo, then bring Gerard Gallant out of retirement and trade him to Calgary for Jerome Iginla... trade Stuart and Rafalski's no trade clauses (not the players themselves, but actually trade their no trade clauses for a bag of pucks - this frees the player up to then be traded), then trade Rafalski for Atlanta's next 12 first round picks and Stuart to Tampa Bay for Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis... then trade Filppula for Boogard (who needs a soft euro that's defensively responsible and capable of 70+ pt seasons??!!? - we need toughness!) promote McCollum, Kindl, Brendan Smith and a 14 year old prospect from BC - because he won a ton of fights in Bantam AAA and we really need that grit on the back end... force Holmstrom and Osgood to retire... finally, get everyone to restructure their contracts (even though the CBA doesn't allow contract restructuring - they'll make an exception!) for league minimum

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ovechkin
Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla
Cleary-Lecavalier-St.Louis
Abdelkader-Helm-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson
Kronwall-Kindl
Smith-14 year old prospect

Luongo
McCollum

what an infusion of vets and prospects!

:ph34r:

Pfft. Totally Unrealistic. They won't let us play a 14 year old prospect. :ph34r:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#22 GORM19

GORM19

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

vokoun is unrestricted after this year so i think we should be able to fit the remainder of his contract under the cap this year

#23 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

jarkko ruutu.

infectious attitude; warrior; disturber; in my opinion, an integral type of player that a team needs to go deep.
Posted Image

#24 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

I've heard/read Kris Versteeg could very well be on his way outta T.O. (as well the usual rumours about Kaberle).

Anyone here think either one would look good in the Winged Wheel?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#25 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

I've heard/read Kris Versteeg could very well be on his way outta T.O. (as well the usual rumours about Kaberle).

who would kaberle replace?

i've read of interest in staios, whom i'd love to have, but i don't know who we'd replace for these guys once we're all healthy.
Posted Image

#26 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Yes.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#27 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

who would kaberle replace?

i've read of interest in staios, whom i'd love to have, but i don't know who we'd replace for these guys once we're all healthy.

Quite honestly I really don't think Kaberle would be a Red Wing unless Holland sends someone like Kronwall in return (not really likely), or if he were signed as a UFA this summer if Lids retires after this season (possibility).

I'm thinking guys such as Filppula/Hudler/Ericsson/Kronwall all could possibly be trade bait, but once again I don't think anything of any significance will take place by the trade deadline.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#28 Blueliner

Blueliner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Just based on reading these posts, I am glad that Ken Holland is in charge.

:clap:

#29 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

I wouldn't mind getting a defensive defensman who plays with some snarl, PKs the first unit and can eat up 10 minutes a night. They don't usually cost more than a 5th round draft pick.

We have the 3rd highest scoring forward units, so they are fine.

A back up goalie would be nice too, they wouldn't cost more than a 4th to 6th round pick.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#30 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

I was thinking this when I posted, Versteeg is being thrown around alot too.
I just dont think Burke will part with him.
I approve though.

#31 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

I was thinking this when I posted, Versteeg is being thrown around alot too.
I just dont think Burke will part with him.
I approve though.

I don't know...I remember hearing that Burke got an offer for Versteeg and because it was pretty good he starting shopping him. Versteeg is pretty good but Burke expects overpayment for his players. Personally, I dont think we need him regardless of the price. Either way, it would take too much for us to pry him out of Toronto even if other teams werent interested in him.

I think we would want defensive depth and/or goaltending depth. I don't see the need to add to our forward group at the expense of dishing out assets (be that picks, prospects or otherwise)
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#32 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

About the only thing Holland will attempt to get is a goalie. With all the injured players coming back, he won't need to trade for a forward. Someone earlier said that Florida wouldn't take our depth players and a one dimensional Hudler, well they would if they also got a prospect they wanted. Holland could trade that prospect and demand that someone like Hudler be included in the deal too as a salary dump, Hudler may do good in Florida (:hysterical:) but I would like to see Holland get Vokoun for the Cup run, it's just shedding the salary to make room for him. Trade Hudler, prospect & draft pick, put Osgood on LTIR and he may have room for Vokoun's salary. Then again, Holland may just stick with Howard/Osgood in order to trade for the very cheap Nabokov over the summer... but there's my thought on a trade deadline deal...

edit: Nevermind, Vokoun makes $5.7M, there's no way to acquire that much salary... so oh well...

If it's true Versteeg may be up for grabs, Holland could dump Hudler, prospect, draft pick to Toronto... Better be a hot prospect, because who the hell wants Hudler?

Edited by LeftWinger, 07 February 2011 - 04:58 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#33 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

If i know Holland...and i most certainly dont. I believe the wings will be picking up Brad Stewart, Tomas Holmstrom, Mike Modano, and Chris Osgood from Team Injury and those will be our "trades".

#34 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

If i know Holland...and i most certainly dont. I believe the wings will be picking up Brad Stewart, Tomas Holmstrom, Mike Modano, and Chris Osgood from Team Injury and those will be our "trades".

This is exactly what I think will happen.
The trades I suggested are just what I would do.
If anyone, who would you pick up?

#35 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

This is exactly what I think will happen.
The trades I suggested are just what I would do.
If anyone, who would you pick up?

they'd never do it but id give up a hudler AND a filppula for a dustin brown. i always though.
Id do filppula for martin hanzal any day of the week.

Edited by Rick Zombos Ghost, 07 February 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

hudler, meech or miller to carolina for samsonov.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#37 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

hudler, meech or miller to carolina for samsonov.

that's like trading a young hudler for an old hudler

#38 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

that's like trading a young hudler for an old hudler

Samsonov would be sick as a wing. He's the same size as huds, but has some speed and skills. I'm just saying its an small tweak upgrade for a cup run. not to mention he could have some russian chemistry with dats.

Obviously we need a goalie, but this is something small i thought of.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#39 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,959 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

Trade Flip and Hudler for two enforcers and a physical defensive defenseman who fights. :thumbup:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Cleary - Franzen - Bertuzzi
Abdelkalder - Helm - Eaves
Enforcer - Draper - Enforcer

Lidstrom - Rafalski
Kronwall - Stuart
Ericsson - Physical Defensive Defenseman Who Fights

Edited by GMRwings1983, 07 February 2011 - 07:16 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#40 Zeke

Zeke

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

Bert,Hudler and Raffi for a dozen day old donuts.

We may have to throw in a pick or prospect to entice some teams. :rolleyes:
Crosby plays dress-up