• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingzman91

Trade Deadline and You are GM.

Rate this topic

i said wish for a trade not for a riot.

Like others have said, we won't likely make any significant trade.

Holland has gotten kind of lazy the last few years. Just because we won a Cup in 2008 with a similar lineup doesn't mean we shouldn't still be hungry and active. That was 3 years ago.

It's not like we don't have any weaknesses. Our defense and goaltending have been glaringly bad this season, despite what homers are saying.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110224/SPORTS05/110224067/1053/sports05

ya vokoun is not happening in this life or the next.

Nope, but it sure would be nice.

I'll take anyone on defense that is physical and will clear the front of the net and block some frickin shots. This team as constructed on defense right now is way too soft on opponents. Stuart is the only d-man that ever uses his body when Ericsson and Salei most definitely should.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I agree with the sentiment that Holland will likely stand pat and call Filppula and Modano our deadline additions even though neither of those two have any bearing on the Red Wings inability to keep the puck out of their net.

Guest Shoreline

I don't care who gets moved (it's pretty obvious who wouldn't be moved) but it would be nice to see some fresh body in. The team looks kinda banged up and out of sync.

Team is falling apart. Wings need a Big Time Goalie, a mean Defensman and a ligit Sniper... Too bad they cannot afford any of them...

Wouldn't have expected anything else..

Edited by Shoreline

I see no trades in our near future.

When (if cause hes not human) lids retires, i think we will see a pretty big overhaul. i doubt we will be able to pick up just one guy to fill the void (who can?). itll be a combo of upgrades obviously need another top 4 dman, and then a big time goalie upgrade would be good to start. then we will see the big time trades.

I would sit back, and laugh at Brian Burke. A successful trade deadline once again has come and passed!

Serious note, I just want to move Emmerton and at least one forward in order to be better prepared for next year, allowing Mursak and IFil onto the team.

If there was some way to improve the Defense by doing that... I would. However, there are no names available that are clear cut improvements. I also wouldn't want to move Kindl or Jonathan yet as I want to see how they develop a bit more. Honestly, that just leaves Salei for a minor move or one of our top four. I just can't pick one guy rumored to be available that would be a huge upgrade...

If Weber was available however I would go get him at a huge cost. Including any of the prospects not on the no trade list below... which isn't enticing... Picks... and maybe a few people from the AMAZING!!! list of players that would be available.

Right now though, the list of players I wouldn't trade is just too big.

Teemu

Tatar

Jarnok

Nyquist

Mursak

Smith

Almqvist

Mrazek

Parkes

Maybe even Ferraro and Sheahan

The list of players I would consider available if I were GM from the team.

Bertuzzi

Hudler

Miller

Kindl

Salei

Honestly, there is practically no value there to be had, at least not enough to make a deal come together.

I would add other players if the deal would be a blockbuster win... again I just don't see it.

I guess if I had to pick, it would be to go after Bogosian. I know they want a dman back... So Kindl would have to go back and that is not even close to balanced trade. Maybe if they were willing to take Kindl, Emmerton and a pick... It would be like getting two first round picks both as ready to go now as ever and maybe a pick on top of that. I would even give them Meech (what a nice guy I am) I have to believe Atlanta would find a better deal than that, or just sit on Zack.

That is about the only thing I would be compelled to do as the GM...

Unless of course I could steal Weber. :hehe:

This is all in good humor too, I also expect zero significant movement.