• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
achildr1

Teemu Pulkkinen/Griffins

Rate this topic

Anyone heard of/know if Pulkkinen can/will come over after the Finnish league ends? I'm unfamiliar with their scheduling other than knowing it should be close to over soon. He's been thoroughly destroying that league and could almost certainly tear up the AHL. I doubt he will still be over there after this season anyway.

If he came over to finish out the year, we could put him next to iFlip. Might even resign iFlip to help him next year. This kid looks like a grade A steal, makes me wonder why the Isles didn't take him over Kabanov for their high risk/high reward pick. Also, this just showed me how much a fourth round pick can be worth in the NHL.

Umm, wow. He just hurt his own career. He could possibly be in the NHL in two years if he would have come over and got used the physical play and the rinks.

Well theres a clause saying if the Wings want to they have the rights to bring it over, but this won't hurt his career, he needs to be where he can play the most and from what Ive seen and heard his coach at Jokerit is one of the best coaches he could learn under.

Umm, wow. He just hurt his own career. He could possibly be in the NHL in two years if he would have come over and got used the physical play and the rinks.

So far he's had a mostly healthy year in the Finnish league. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for him. If he doesn't want to rush his development then that's perfectly fine with me.

So far he's had a mostly healthy year in the Finnish league. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for him. If he doesn't want to rush his development then that's perfectly fine with me.

Dead on... no need to rush him, especially when we own his rights, without it counting towards his contract as long as he's over there...

Also, with the way the Griffins have been recently, it seems as if Pulu would get minimal to no ice time. It doesn't seem like his play 5 on 5 is at a point where a coach in NA would trust him out there.

Not really. Players in his situation almost always have an out clause included in the contract allowing them to go to NA if directed to by their NHL team. The SEL and FEL have been very generous when it comes to allowing movement of NHL drafed players (at least when you compare them to the KHL).

In reality Pulkkinen needs to work hard this summer putting muscle on. He's not physically ready to play in the AHL at this point. If he comes to the Summer prospects camp in great physical condition the Wings just might give him a shot in the AHL like they did with Tatar.

Not really. Players in his situation almost always have an out clause included in the contract allowing them to go to NA if directed to by their NHL team. The SEL and FEL have been very generous when it comes to allowing movement of NHL drafed players (at least when you compare them to the KHL).

In reality Pulkkinen needs to work hard this summer putting muscle on. He's not physically ready to play in the AHL at this point. If he comes to the Summer prospects camp in great physical condition the Wings just might give him a shot in the AHL like they did with Tatar.

Pulkinnen is actually up around 185 or 190 pounds, he doesn't need muscle really, he needs to increase his foot speed. I also dont think he is ready for the AHL, this is his first season in a while where he hasn't been hurt, he should build off of that and then come to NA where it is rougher and tougher on him. Wouldn't want one of our top prospects coming over to early and gettng hurt because of it

Pulkinnen is actually up around 185 or 190 pounds, he doesn't need muscle really, he needs to increase his foot speed. I also dont think he is ready for the AHL, this is his first season in a while where he hasn't been hurt, he should build off of that and then come to NA where it is rougher and tougher on him. Wouldn't want one of our top prospects coming over to early and gettng hurt because of it

Oh. I must have confused his draft size with Jarnkrok. :unsure:

Yeah, I looked his scouting profile up and you're right on his size. Like you said-- he needs to improve his foot speed to get it at the NHL level and he also appears to need work on this 2-way game.

People always talk about how his speed is lacking, but from the highlights I've seen it doesn't look bad.

I'm not saying he doesn't need to improve it, just that it might not be as bad as some people seem to be making it out to be.

For shame, Drake... And here I thought you were a prospects kind of guy.

I know, right? But Jarnkrok is skinny enough to make two guys look undersized.

People always talk about how his speed is lacking, but from the highlights I've seen it doesn't look bad.

I'm not saying he doesn't need to improve it, just that it might not be as bad as some people seem to be making it out to be.

Part of that is who he's skating with in those clips. Fast guys in other leagues often look average in the NHL. The other issue is with a player's first few strides. If they can't get up to speed quick enough it's a big problem, even if they're fast once they get up to speed.

Negative. It was to his and our best interest to stay over there at least one more season. Same thing goes for Jarnkrok and Almqvist. Thy each might need at least two season more abroad.

His skating isn't bad, it's just average. He's on par with Hudler and Leino right now in skating, he just looks awkward while skating.