• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GSBrooks13

Red Wings Interested In Conklin?

Rate this topic

They would have to move a player to make room.

That said, if they moved Osgood, I approve also.

Rather keep Osgood, let him retire and replace him next year.

Are we sure we'd have to get rid of someone? That was never talked about when Nabakov was going to join the team. If we could roll with three goalies with Nabakov we could do it with Conklin. Honestly, Osgood is not the one I'm worried about. As long as his injury doesn't hamper him he should be able to take over starting duties from Howard, who in my mind has played himself out of it except for the fact that we don't have a real starter to replace him with. I'm not sure Conklin would solve that, either, but at least it'd give the team another weapon to use to keep opponents off balance.

Giguere, Jean-Sebastien $6,000,000 2011 (UFA) CAP HIT too large

Vokoun, Tomas » G $5,700,000 2011 (UFA) CAP HIT too large

Bryzgalov, Ilya » $4,250,000 2011 (UFA) Phoenix won't let him go, or I'd say make it work.

Leclaire, Pascal » $3,800,000 2011 (UFA) Not playing well and CAP HIT too large

Roloson, Dwayne » $2,500,000 2011 (UFA) TBL won't let him go.

Smith, Mike » G $2,200,000 2011 (UFA) We could have had him if we were interested

Niemi, Antti » G $2,000,000 2011 (UFA) No interest

Anderson, Craig » $1,812,500 2011 (UFA) Colorado won't let him go

Hedberg, Johan » $1,500,000 2011 (UFA) NJD probably won't let him go otherwise an option

Turco, Marty » G $1,300,000 2011 (UFA) No interest and Hawks won't let him go.

Conklin, Ty » G $1,300,000 2011 (UFA) Most Viable option

Budaj, Peter » G $1,250,000 2011 (UFA) Colorado won't let him go

Garon, Mathieu » $1,200,000 2011 (UFA) He's an option in Columbus will trade

Harding, Josh » G $1,200,000 2011 (UFA) Minnesota won't let him go

Theodore, Jose » $1,100,000 2011 (UFA) Another viable option

Auld, Alex » G $1,000,000 2011 (UFA) Another viable option

Labarbera, Jason » $1,000,000 2011 (UFA) Another viable option

Boucher, Brian » $925,000 2011 (UFA) Philly won't let him go.

As you can see the goalie market is pretty thin in terms of a clearcut upgrade.

Edited by Booster313

I'd like to see Conklin come back! And I agree that there is no reason to let someone go - Osgood hasn't reached retirement stage yet and Jimmy needs as much support as possible.

Conklin, Ty » G $1,300,000 2011 (UFA) Most Viable option

Theodore, Jose » $1,100,000 2011 (UFA) Another viable option

Auld, Alex » G $1,000,000 2011 (UFA) Another viable option

Labarbera, Jason » $1,000,000 2011 (UFA) Another viable option

As you can see the goalie market is pretty thin in terms of a clearcut upgrade.

I would take Alex Auld ninety percent of the time given the choice of these four. Then eight percent would be Jose Theodore, hoping he can somehow recapture his elite-level play at a bargain-basement price. Finally, two percent would be Conklin, who has proven two things at the NHL level. First, he is a solid backup goaltender. Second, he will only ever be a solid backup goaltender. And finally, no thank you to Jason Labarbera.

Guest blueadams

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Detroit-Interested-in-Ty-Conklin

Seems reasonable, Conks was pretty good when he was here but has had a bit of a rough season.. I can think of a couple other goalies I would rather see here but I wouldn't complain if we got him.

as long as he signs for around league minimum. i'd still prefer that we bring larsson back over at the same price though.

Do the Islanders have any good young defensive talent that we could trade Hudler and Rafalski (and/or picks) for one of their talents and Nabakov?

Dealing Rafalski and Hudler :

a) Clears up A LOT of cap space

b) Shows that Holland is "cleanin' out our closet" of guys who are overpriced, are lackluster players, and just want to ride the coattails of a fantastic team

c) Gives us suitable cap room for guys like Eaves, Miller, (and depending on how risky you want to go) and Ericcson

d) Also leaves plenty of cap space for another good defensemen or strong defensive forward to replace Draper (if he retires).

Do the Islanders have any good young defensive talent that we could trade Hudler and Rafalski (and/or picks) for one of their talents and Nabakov?

Dealing Rafalski and Hudler :

a) Clears up A LOT of cap space

b) Shows that Holland is "cleanin' out our closet" of guys who are overpriced, are lackluster players, and just want to ride the coattails of a fantastic team

c) Gives us suitable cap room for guys like Eaves, Miller, (and depending on how risky you want to go) and Ericcson

d) Also leaves plenty of cap space for another good defensemen or strong defensive forward to replace Draper (if he retires).

Good luck getting Rafalski to waive his trade clause.