• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

5 min for fighting and 2 min for instigating... Nick Lidstrom?

Rate this topic

I cannot find the video anywhere and cannot remember this happening, but am BEYOND curious to see this... look at the details -

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/4184/fightcard/reg1992

EDIT - Just read the reviews and someone said that it was actually Marc Potvin and not Lidstrom who was involved in the fight... that makes a LOT more sense...

Edited by stevkrause

Yeah, Nick's never taken a major penalty.

I made an edit shortly after I posted this...

It was Marc Potvin, not Lidstrom in the fight, hockeyfights.com just got it wrong... it just took my be surprise to see his name in the list, let alone being attached to an instigator

I made an edit shortly after I posted this...

It was Marc Potvin, not Lidstrom in the fight, hockeyfights.com just got it wrong... it just took my be surprise to see his name in the list, let alone being attached to an instigator

Haha I saw, I was just adding to the fact that he's never had a fight.

Must be a mistake. As hard as i try i cant imagine Nick getting in a fight. Giving someone the smelly glove would be a heinous crime by Nicks standards. It would be equivalent to Bertuzzi's outburst that broke Moores neck.

:scared: Something tells me Steve Moore might have to disagree with you... :nono:

Edited by LeftWinger

Lidstrom versus Tinordi. If I were GMR (or any of those few outliers on here who dislike Lidstrom), I wouldn't watch this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_4BRkzWUYA

First, I was about to mention this fight before you posted it. Second of all, how can you suggest I dislike Lidstrom? That's definitely not true.

Finally, I hate it when Ken and Mickey say he's never been in a fight. Although, technically he wasn't the one fighting. :hehe:

BTW, Tinordi is a ******* *****.

No that's not what I meant when I mentioned your name. I just didn't think you'd like seeing our current captain getting beat like that.

OK. However,

I don't think Tinordi would have jumped him if he was then captain. Nick wasn't that respected yet as a player.

It was still a cheap move though, because he's a non-fighter.

psshh...i wouldn't call that a ass kicking.

I didn't think so either, Tinordi was very animated with his swings, but it didn't look like many really connected and it appeared to be more of a take-down than anything...

Sidenote - Does anyone else think that they're making skates too sharp these days? After watching a scrum like this and how skates were so recklessly flying around, with no one getting cut and comparing that to the number of pretty deep, dangerous cuts THROUGH jerseys and socks in recent years... makes you wonder...

When I think of Nick fighting I think of this...

YESSSSABIGPICOFITFINALLY.jpg\

Which lead to this...

patientman-1.jpg

Nick is a very smart man and could probably wreck anyone's s*** if he wanted to. He could probably calculate the precise angle and velocity necessary for his fist to break someone's jaw in a single blow.

BTW is that Stevie rising form the pile at the very end of the video or do my eyes deceive me?

BTW is that Stevie rising form the pile at the very end of the video or do my eyes deceive me?

It is... he did it rarely, but he got in a few scraps in his career and would boil over every so often, even for how mild mannered he was, he had a breaking point and was a tough son of a b...