• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

Savard out for season

Rate this topic

I could not agree more - there is not a single player in the NHL that deserves a "comeuppance" more than Cooke at this point...

lotsa people here wanted matty cooke on our team.

i remember avery being interviewed when he was a wing about the one player he'd like to punch and he said without hesitation "matt cooke."

I could not agree more - there is not a single player in the NHL that deserves a "comeuppance" more than Cooke at this point...

Every time Boston plays Pittsburgh, I pray that one of the Bruins goes after him, and really gets him good. I used to think Avery and Ott were in the same category of doucher pansees, but honestly, Cooke is on a level of his own.

maybe, but he still got embarrassed in the worst way and it was recorded and watched by millions.

Yeah, but so was the hit on Savard. So Savard was embarrassed and his NHL career is in jeopardy. It is looking less and less likely he will ever be back to the pre-Cooke hit.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Yeah, but so was the hit on Savard. So Savard was embarrassed and his NHL career is in jeopardy. It is looking less and less likely he will ever be back to the pre-Cooke hit.

i don't disagree with you.

though these eye-for-an-eye scenarios would certainly affect bertuzzi, right?

Matt Cooke is probably chuckling somewhere.

"He can't take a headshot like a man? What a wimp."

Matt Cooke is probably being a complete ****** somewhere.

Sucks for Savard, we might never get to see his potential realized.

i don't disagree with you.

though these eye-for-an-eye scenarios would certainly affect bertuzzi, right?

That's true, but at the same time, Bertuzzi did apologize at least (Whether it was a sincere apology we may never know). Either way, Cooke is, in my book, undoubtedly the biggest scum in the NHL right now.

That's true, but at the same time, Bertuzzi did apologize at least (Whether it was a sincere apology we may never know). Either way, Cooke is, in my book, undoubtedly the biggest scum in the NHL right now.

Does the Bertuzzi thing really compare? I don't want to defend Bertuzzi's actions but it was A) in response to a hard hit to the head against Bertuzzi's teammate and B) Bertuzzi wasn't doing that every game like Cooke seems to.

Also, Moore's neck being broken was not intentional on Bertuzzi's part. The punch was dumb, and he tried to take Moore down, but does anyone really think he intentionally tried to drive Moore's head into the ice? Looking at the video on Youtube, he falls on Moore to drive him down, but the neck thing was probably out of his control at that point. Cooke is intentionally trying to seriously maim people.

Edited by VM1138

I'm still waiting for Matt Cooke to get his. He's got it coming to him, hopefully.

It's a bit odd that he hasn't yet. How much longer will the players tolerate this ******* taking liberties with the league's stars? I guess Pronger's gotten away with it forever so maybe nothing will happen to Cooke.

And I never get tired of watching this.

:lol: Kane went Tyson on his ass. Knocked him ooouuutttt.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

And I never get tired of watching this.

i do

im glad matt cookes okay

regardless of his past actions you hate to see someone on the ice like that

i do

im glad matt cookes okay

regardless of his past actions you hate to see someone on the ice like that

Well then I'm a bad human being, because I don't hate to see that when it comes to Cooke

I don't want the guy killed, or paralyzed or anything like that, but, yes I would love to see his career ended and if that makes me a bad person, so be it - he is a cancer to the league and I would rather see a waste of oxygen like Cooke's career ended than who knows how many other quality players careers ended because of him...

I guess in a way, metaphorically, it comes down to one of the age old questions - Would you kill one person if it could save thousands?

If his career being ended saves one other players career, then it was worth it.

Edited by stevkrause

Cooke is a total P.O.S. and was the one thing I hated watching about that HBO show. The guy is a total s***head who gets lauded by fans and teammates as being a, 'do whatever it takes' kind of guy who grinds it out to make his teammates better. He's not a heart and soul guy, he's just a ******.

I like Marc Savard, but even if I didn't - you obviously hate to see a guy's career take this turn. Another year wasted for Savard, hopefully he can make a full recovery by next Fall.