• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rivalred

Valtteri Filppula Leg Injury

Rate this topic

Latest news I've heard is that he got an MRI on his knee while the team practiced.

Getting a little antsy here in regards to the topic.

EDIT: Below.

Wings' Filppula has sprained knee, should return next week

Ted Kulfan / The Detroit News

Detroit -- It looks like the Red Wings may have dodged a significant injury for once.

General manager Ken Holland said forward Valtteri Filppula will miss the next three games -- tomorrow's game against Nashville and the back-to-back against Boston this weekend -- because of a left knee sprain but will return sometime next week.

"I'm assuming he's not going to play this week," Holland said. "He went for an MRI today and it's a sprain. He should be ready (next week)." Filppula collided with New York Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky early in the third period of Monday's 3-2 victory over the Rangers.

While Filppula sits, the Wings will get Tomas Holmstrom back for Wednesday's game against Nashville.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110208/SPORTS0103/102080407/Wings’-Filppula-has-sprained-knee--should-return-next-week#ixzz1DPK0MxOW

Should anyone change the title/2nd title of the thread?

Edited by titanium2

Ah, but no man is an island..

I am a rock. I am an island.

But then, again...

I am not a man.

I am woman; hear me *****.

Good news on Flip. Three games will be ok. Gives him a bit of a breather before the playoffs, and with Homer coming back, we'll be ok. Whew.

Is it wrong of me to admit that's my ringtone?

Or that I'm doing an arrangement of it with my senior high choir this spring?

Hopefully this link works (obligatory scrubs reference).

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=nJ3MSCLBpaM

Back on topic hopefully he is only out a week, he's been playing pretty well for the Wings this season.