• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

Red Wings Training Camp will be held September 17-20, 2011 at Centre Ice In Traverse City. No word yet on when the tickets will go on sale, but it never hurts to prepare ahead of time. As details come available they will be posted here.

You can put this in the appropriate area, I was not sure where to put it.
Posted Image

#2 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

I really am hoping that I'll be able to make this work. Would be nice to finally make it up to camp one year.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#3 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

Camp...my favorite thing to do every year! Thanks to all who have helped the past couple years in grabbing tickets for me since I'm 10 hours out. :thumbup:
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#4 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

We went up last year the day before tickets went on sale and camped out, along with a few other devoted fans. It was like a small tailgate party, and lots of fun. I think we're gonna do that again this year.
Posted Image

#5 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

When I was driving home from the game last night, they mentioned on the Ticket that there are only 30 regular games left, and my mind started thinking about September. Training camp is a ritual for me, and I can't wait.

#6 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hmm, I've never been, but it sounds like fun. I might take some time to do that this year!

#7 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

Tim, it's a blast. I've gone every year since 2005, and it's always been a great experience. The guys are so nice and it gives you a chance to see them away from the ice. If you're lucky, you find out where they hang out in town and you can sometimes party with them. You have to do it at least once in your life just for the fun of it.

Edited by Kira, 09 February 2011 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

I'll be there since I literally live 25 feet from the ice rink. I will be at the bars again this year drinking with the team like the last couple years.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#9 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

Training Camp is Amazing, I love it so much. My family and I are trying to work out a Disney Trip as well so I'm going to try to get tickets for the Wings Camp but probably won't be able to get tickets for the Prospects Camp. Which I've attended the past two years. I would really suggest going up to Traverse City for the NHL Prospect Camp/Tournament it is very fun to watch all the rookies and prospects play. It's also fun in my opnion to see other faces from the NHL such as other teams coaches, gm's and scouting staff from the teams that particpate in it. I have the funnest time up there it is a beautiful area. I don't know if anyone is a Wine fan but if you are visit the Wineries on both Old Mission Point Pennisula and Leelanau Pennisula and do the Wine Tastings they make some really good wines up there. I can't wait for Training Camp I'm already thinking about it again!!

#10 WingedHorse

WingedHorse

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

We went up last year the day before tickets went on sale and camped out, along with a few other devoted fans. It was like a small tailgate party, and lots of fun. I think we're gonna do that again this year.

Hey Pat! I will shoot you an email as we have a new email addy. I have been checking centreice.org and nothing has been posted. I was glad to see the dates because this means that we can go (my National horse show isn't until the end of September). We have been in touch w/ Gerard too - looks like the 3 of us will be camping out with you. We want to line up with you, and Cathy & Art - we had too much fun last year! Look for an email from me in a few minutes...

#11 40#1Fan

40#1Fan

4th Line Grinder

• HoF Booster
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

Camp...my favorite thing to do every year! Thanks to all who have helped the past couple years in grabbing tickets for me since I'm 10 hours out. :thumbup:

Beth and I are attending again this year and will be more than happy to help you out again - worked out fine last year.

#12 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,868 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

I'll be there since I literally live 25 feet from the ice rink. I will be at the bars again this year drinking with the team like the last couple years.

PARTY AT KONNAN'S!

I would love to go some year, but finances and obligations forbid it. Have a blast, those of you who are going.

#13 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

Konnan, we'll be at the State Park camping out...we should get together.

And Winged, I was hoping to hear from you! You're camping out too? SWEET!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#14 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

Would love to go. Anyone want to chip in to get me there? Posted Image All donations will not go to the "Fill Hank's Tank" fund. I promise Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#15 solnyshko

solnyshko

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

My friends and I will be going again. It is awesome. Northern Michigan in the fall is beautiful, and an added bonus as well.

#16 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

Would love to go. Anyone want to chip in to get me there? Posted Image All donations will not go to the "Fill Hank's Tank" fund. I promise Posted Image

Sorry, we already have some long time friends we're going to be helping out.
Posted Image

#17 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

We definately need to orchestrate a LGW meet and drink this training camp for sure. I, however, will not be setting it up because i have terrible organization skills :)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#18 WingedHorse

WingedHorse

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

Konnan, we'll be at the State Park camping out...we should get together.

And Winged, I was hoping to hear from you! You're camping out too? SWEET!!!!!!!!

Not unless you call Sugar Beach camping! LOL! Don't have a truck or RV yet...still trying to win the lottery...We will be making our annual trek to Boone's though...Dale knows the owner from when they lived and worked in TC after college. Why don't you organize a LGW get together?

#19 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

Sorry, we already have some long time friends we're going to be helping out.

Was more so a joke but thanks though..... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#20 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

:!:

Beth and I are attending again this year and will be more than happy to help you out again - worked out fine last year.

Awesome. I greatly appreciate it. Like I said , it is my favorite thing of the year. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays