• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kira

2011 Training Camp

Rate this topic

Red Wings Training Camp will be held September 17-20, 2011 at Centre Ice In Traverse City. No word yet on when the tickets will go on sale, but it never hurts to prepare ahead of time. As details come available they will be posted here.

You can put this in the appropriate area, I was not sure where to put it.

We went up last year the day before tickets went on sale and camped out, along with a few other devoted fans. It was like a small tailgate party, and lots of fun. I think we're gonna do that again this year.

Tim, it's a blast. I've gone every year since 2005, and it's always been a great experience. The guys are so nice and it gives you a chance to see them away from the ice. If you're lucky, you find out where they hang out in town and you can sometimes party with them. You have to do it at least once in your life just for the fun of it.

Edited by Kira

Training Camp is Amazing, I love it so much. My family and I are trying to work out a Disney Trip as well so I'm going to try to get tickets for the Wings Camp but probably won't be able to get tickets for the Prospects Camp. Which I've attended the past two years. I would really suggest going up to Traverse City for the NHL Prospect Camp/Tournament it is very fun to watch all the rookies and prospects play. It's also fun in my opnion to see other faces from the NHL such as other teams coaches, gm's and scouting staff from the teams that particpate in it. I have the funnest time up there it is a beautiful area. I don't know if anyone is a Wine fan but if you are visit the Wineries on both Old Mission Point Pennisula and Leelanau Pennisula and do the Wine Tastings they make some really good wines up there. I can't wait for Training Camp I'm already thinking about it again!!

We went up last year the day before tickets went on sale and camped out, along with a few other devoted fans. It was like a small tailgate party, and lots of fun. I think we're gonna do that again this year.

Hey Pat! I will shoot you an email as we have a new email addy. I have been checking centreice.org and nothing has been posted. I was glad to see the dates because this means that we can go (my National horse show isn't until the end of September). We have been in touch w/ Gerard too - looks like the 3 of us will be camping out with you. We want to line up with you, and Cathy & Art - we had too much fun last year! Look for an email from me in a few minutes...

Camp...my favorite thing to do every year! Thanks to all who have helped the past couple years in grabbing tickets for me since I'm 10 hours out. :thumbup:

Beth and I are attending again this year and will be more than happy to help you out again - worked out fine last year.

I'll be there since I literally live 25 feet from the ice rink. I will be at the bars again this year drinking with the team like the last couple years.

PARTY AT KONNAN'S!

I would love to go some year, but finances and obligations forbid it. Have a blast, those of you who are going.

Konnan, we'll be at the State Park camping out...we should get together.

And Winged, I was hoping to hear from you! You're camping out too? SWEET!!!!!!!!

Would love to go. Anyone want to chip in to get me there? thumbup.gif All donations will not go to the "Fill Hank's Tank" fund. I promise laugh.gif

Sorry, we already have some long time friends we're going to be helping out.

Konnan, we'll be at the State Park camping out...we should get together.

And Winged, I was hoping to hear from you! You're camping out too? SWEET!!!!!!!!

Not unless you call Sugar Beach camping! LOL! Don't have a truck or RV yet...still trying to win the lottery...We will be making our annual trek to Boone's though...Dale knows the owner from when they lived and worked in TC after college. Why don't you organize a LGW get together?

:!:

Beth and I are attending again this year and will be more than happy to help you out again - worked out fine last year.

Awesome. I greatly appreciate it. Like I said , it is my favorite thing of the year. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detroit Red Wings Training Camp

Tickets for the 2011 Detroit Red Wing Training Camp will go on sale at Centre ICE Arena on Saturday, April 16th from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. For more information visit www.centreice.org! GO WINGS!!!!

I'm seriously thinking I'm going to go this year. My friends already have the hotel booked so I don't have to worry about that.

Hank, maybe we can put you in the back of the truck. As long as your wife doesn't have problem with you going up north with 3 women. :P

I've never been.. but it sounds really fun the way you guys are talking about it!

Is it just like watching them practice? Is it possible to party or go to the bars with them if youre under the age of 21? & one last question: are the tickets expensive?

LOL, sorry I havent heard of this so I'm just curious!

The daily schedule remains the same as years past. The practice/scrimmage sessons usually start at 9:30 and the Red and White Game will be at Noon again this year. These times are subject to change a bit as the DRW tweak their schedules.

I checked yesterday and didn't see it? Went w/ Kira and her hubby and 2 other LGW members to the Griffins game last night and they hadn't seen it either. We are all prepared to go up and get in line for our tickets. Kira has her credit card ready!!!! Lets hope for warmer weather to wait in line this year...NO RAIN!