• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kira

2011 Training Camp

Rate this topic

This sounds like an amazing time, unfortunately I live in Macomb. I'm not sure if I could make it up there to get tickets, i'll have to talk to the girl. We wanted to go camping in the summer anyways, sounds like a good excuse to head that way.

Hotel rooms are going fast. I just called Sugar Beach to make sure that we still had our yearly reservation (we do) , and the young lady told me that the yearly soccer tournament is going on as well as the Leelanau Wine Tours.

We're going up the day before and camping out overnight again. Did it last year and had a blast!

Jeanie, I called John and Sandy and told them, so they are in the loop. Also Art and Kathy, so now the gang all know. Thanks for the heads up! See ya there on the 16th!

Training Camp Tickets go on sale at Centre Ice Arena in Traverse City Michigan on April 16 from 10 AM to 3 PM and than after that I'm not sure what will happen with the remaining tickets if there are any maybe a fax sale or just at the door. If you are planning on going to the in person sale I recommend getting there early, I plan to. This is a truly phenominal event to go to. I suggest any Wings fan to go to it as well as the NHL Prospect Tournament. It's underestimated because it's all rookies and prospects and not the Proven Pros but it's highly worth watching last year I believe it was $5 at the door for all the events but I'm not sure. I can't wait till the in person sale I'm even skipping my last Sled Hockey Tournment of the season to get my tickets. Should be great fun.

I wish I could go up for the ticket sale, but I'll be working.

The remaining tickets usually go on sale by fax around late June or early July. Many of the days are close to sold out or are sold out, but sometimes it's still possible to get good tickets. I've not missed out in the three years I've gone to it.

I wish I could go up for the ticket sale, but I'll be working.

The remaining tickets usually go on sale by fax around late June or early July. Many of the days are close to sold out or are sold out, but sometimes it's still possible to get good tickets. I've not missed out in the three years I've gone to it.

Thanks! Im hoping im able to get tix. I've never been and really want to make it this year!

Another question(s) for those of you who have been before... can you give me some tips!? Where to stay, bars in the area,any ohter useful info, etc? haha I wanna be prepared.

Thanks! :)

What are the chances of being able to get tickets if you can't get them on the 16th? I live about 5 hours away, so it'll be pretty hard for me to get up there to get them. Kinda sucks!

Have someone who is going get them for you!!! Kira and her husband, and I and my husband along w/ another friend will be going up to be in line early. We are buying tickets for my husband's boss, but we would be happy to get your tickets for you - PM me or Kira and we all can work something out. "The Gang" will be there! It is worth driving up in the middle of the night and sitting out in the cold to get the tickets.

Have someone who is going get them for you!!! Kira and her husband, and I and my husband along w/ another friend will be going up to be in line early. We are buying tickets for my husband's boss, but we would be happy to get your tickets for you - PM me or Kira and we all can work something out. "The Gang" will be there! It is worth driving up in the middle of the night and sitting out in the cold to get the tickets.

Wow would you really be willing to do that for me!? You guys are the best. I will def. send you a message once I figure out how, im new to the boards, so trying to figure it out! haha :) Thank you so much!

I know that my niece has been able to get tickets later than the in-person sale date, but as the years go on, and it gets more and more popular, the tickets get harder and harder to obtain that way. Recommendation is that you figure out how to get up there on the 16th. For those of us who are going up early, be prepared for any kind of weather, and if they do like they did last year, it will be kind of like an overnight tailgate party.

Hotel reservations should be made now if they haven't already. I hear there is a soccer tournament in town the same weekend, so rooms will be at a premium. If you're not afraid of camping, Traverse City State Park is not too booked up then. It's $27 a night, and there is electricity, and showers are available. It's a nice park. We stay there every year. If you are into real roughing it, Arbutus Lake State Forest Campground is just south of town, and not far from the arena. It's $15 a night (I think), and there usually isn't anyone out there. It's really roughing it - no electric, and outhouses. But if you're brave (or desperate), it's a possibility.

Okay - only 5 more days until Training Camp tickets go on sale. I know that Kira is going up on Friday, and I am going to buy tickets for AmyMarie and another friend. Who all is going to be tailgating Friday night in the rain/snow mix and wind? Anyone willing to make a bonfire in the Centre Ice parking lot for us?

Just got a call from WingedHorse & Kira.... if any of you are in the Traverse City area watch for them on the local news! They were just interviewed and it should be shown on the 11pm news I believe. Could possibly be on one of the news stations sites as well. If any of you happen to catch it let us know! :)

Luckily, I didn't show up on the video, but Jeanie (aka Winged Horse) did. In fact, my other half, Jeanie and her hubby Dale all showed up and I was out of the scene...I had walked over to the truck to give Loki some dog food...Jeanie, I will make you a copy of it and ship it to you.

It was colder than Gary Bettman's heart, and about 10:30 it started to rain, so we slept in the back of our truck with a heater. I have one request - can we do it in June next year???

We got our tickets. I'm very excited, I was worried we weren't going to get any as we were fairly far back of the line and there were about 4 people right in front of us that were getting like 8 tickets for every day so I was very nervous. We were able to get all reserved seating for everyday but Saturday as they didn't not have anymore left for 3 people all together unless we wanted the Mezzanine which would have been nice but we can't see spending that much money for just one day and it's not even the Big game day anyways. The most important thing is that we were able to get tickets. It was nice becasue when we got there the weather was bad and it was cold and rainy at the arena so instead of making everyone wait outside which is what they normally do they let us all wait inside. The Arena is very cool so it was a welcome sight to be able to be back in the Arena it brought back a ton of GREAT memories as this is the 5th time we will be going to the DRWTC. It made me wish that it was already September but on the other hand I'm glad to waith becasue than it's not here and over before I know it which is what it will be anyways so I may as well wait. After getting the Tickets we went to grab a bite to eat at the House of Doggs and than we went to a few Wineries which is always fun so we were able to make somewhat of a day out of it which was quite fun. I hope everyone that went to get tickets today were atleast able to get tickets even if it wasn't exactlly what you want. Go Red Wings!! Is it September yet??

Maybe those of us who post here and are going to camp should have a get together up there one of the camp days. I think that would be nice.

Maybe those of us who post here and are going to camp should have a get together up there one of the camp days. I think that would be nice.

That would be really fun, I like that idea. Since it's my first time going, I don't know anyone! So it would be cool to meet you all :)

Amy

LOL! It WAS cold, windy and rainy, but it was fun talking to the other fans and sharing stories. Kira and her hubby Terry are the nicest people you will ever meet - very generous and fun people. We were able to get our front row seats (I like being next to the ice so that I can have room to stretch out my legs as I have bad knees). I agree with Kira - WE NEED TO HAVE TICKET SALES LATER IN THE YEAR WHEN THE WEATHER IS BETTER!

Yes, it would be fun to meet up with everyone.

AmyMarie - you are sitting next to us on one of the days - can't remember which.

Hello Fellow Red Wings Fans!!! I have a question for you all... this is going to sound weird, I know. Today I had my first garage sale of all time, and as I was discussing with one of my customers the validity of his "#1 Red Wings Fan" licence plate (LOL!) he told me about his 20-year history going to the Traverse City Training Camp that I did not know average people were allowed to go to!! I thought it was all just media and people who have way more money than I do/ever will! I immediately searched online and found out that I missed the sale!!!!!! :crybaby: I know, I know, you guys that waited all night in what sounds like typical MI spring weather are saying "cry me a river, newbie" but does anyone know if there are any tickets for at least some of the days and the Red/White game at the end of the camp they talk about? It sounds like Centre Ice might have another small sale later sometime?

I would just love to see Chris Osgood once in uniform playing! I've been to about 10 games (including my first playoff game 05/06/11!! AWESOME) and never seen him play. It sounds like people can even interact with the players and get autographs?!? I would love to get my jersey signed. But then how would I wash it? Yikes. What do you guys and gals think? If you are willing to all buy tickets for each other, maybe you're willing to give a newbie some advice?

Hello Fellow Red Wings Fans!!! I have a question for you all... this is going to sound weird, I know. Today I had my first garage sale of all time, and as I was discussing with one of my customers the validity of his "#1 Red Wings Fan" licence plate (LOL!) he told me about his 20-year history going to the Traverse City Training Camp that I did not know average people were allowed to go to!! I thought it was all just media and people who have way more money than I do/ever will! I immediately searched online and found out that I missed the sale!!!!!! :crybaby: I know, I know, you guys that waited all night in what sounds like typical MI spring weather are saying "cry me a river, newbie" but does anyone know if there are any tickets for at least some of the days and the Red/White game at the end of the camp they talk about? It sounds like Centre Ice might have another small sale later sometime?

I would just love to see Chris Osgood once in uniform playing! I've been to about 10 games (including my first playoff game 05/06/11!! AWESOME) and never seen him play. It sounds like people can even interact with the players and get autographs?!? I would love to get my jersey signed. But then how would I wash it? Yikes. What do you guys and gals think? If you are willing to all buy tickets for each other, maybe you're willing to give a newbie some advice?

I call bs and he should be stripped of his license plate! TC DRWTC has only been around for 14 years. :P

Yes, we ladies DID camp out in line all night (our husbands went along with us and we call camped out in our vehicles when it started to rain) and we DID have the pouring rain and cold. Some of us were even interviewed on the news. Yes - you can interact with the players and get autographs. Go to www.centreice.org and give them a call to see what is available. Training Camp is something that can't be missed. In 2003, we went to the first day of Training Camp and then the following day hauled our horse to a National horse show 16 hours away - THAT is what training camp is about. You don't miss it for anything.

He should be stripped of his license plate!! He told me I should give him the stuff he bought from my garage sale for free since he gave me this information... I'm glad he gave me the info, otherwise I would not have joined this group of fans, but if he's really been going for a long time, he must have known the sale already went on!! PUNK. :rolleyes: Oh well. Here I am now! I will call Centre Ice tomorrow when they open.

Thank you for the info also, WingedHorse, I really pray I can get a few tickets (even if they are not together for my husband and I) it would still be awesome to be there. And Traverse City is beautiful, so it's not like if we miss one day of practice we couldn't find something to do. My inlaws have a trailer, I'm sure I could talk them into letting us borrow it, maybe you guys and gals wouldn't mind showing some new guys the ropes if you've been going so long!! THANK YOU for responding to my plea!! Now I have some hope that I might be able to see Ozzie play :wub: HAHA!

He should be stripped of his license plate!! He told me I should give him the stuff he bought from my garage sale for free since he gave me this information... I'm glad he gave me the info, otherwise I would not have joined this group of fans, but if he's really been going for a long time, he must have known the sale already went on!! PUNK. :rolleyes: Oh well. Here I am now! I will call Centre Ice tomorrow when they open.

Thank you for the info also, WingedHorse, I really pray I can get a few tickets (even if they are not together for my husband and I) it would still be awesome to be there. And Traverse City is beautiful, so it's not like if we miss one day of practice we couldn't find something to do. My inlaws have a trailer, I'm sure I could talk them into letting us borrow it, maybe you guys and gals wouldn't mind showing some new guys the ropes if you've been going so long!! THANK YOU for responding to my plea!! Now I have some hope that I might be able to see Ozzie play :wub: HAHA!

If you can't get tickets, you can wait outside and try to get autographs or your jersey signed. That is what some friends of ours do - they get tickets for 1 day, and then wait outside. If you do borrow your inlaw's trailer, you may want to stay at the State Park and try to join up with Kira (from this forum) and her hubby. Kira & Terry camp w/ another couple (I don't know if Kathy posts on LGW...) from our area. If you can't camp, then you need to get your hotel reservations ASAP as there is a soccer tournament going on in TC as well as the big wine tasting thing going on in Leelanau and Suttons Bay. Kira has introduced me to several of the lady Wing Fans and we email each other a lot. AmyMarie from LGW is a newbie too - we picked up her tickets for her. PM me and I will "introduce" you to the Ladies - we have a ball! LOL! We have been going to training camp since 2000 - it is the BEST time!

Awesome - thank you! I will figure out how to PM you, and then I will :) LOL

I called this AM and they said they do still have tickets for every day available, even the big game at the end of the camp!! :banana: I just have to keep checking the website and they do some fax sale thing in June. I will totally keep checking the website, probably a little obsessively :blush:. I then called my in-laws and told them we call dibs on the trailer and they should officially plan on dog-sitting during training camp, and they agreed. SWEET! Thank you so much for giving me some tips, my husband and I are SO excited!! OK, well, I might be a little more excited than he is about meeting OZZIE, but still, he is very happy, too!!! It's funny, because we went to Traverse City last year in August for our anniversary and stayed in the Best Western, and we thought how nice it that State Park was and if we ever had a chance to (tent) camp there, we would! Then our in-laws got a trailer last year and told us we could use it whenever we wanted we plan on using that to our FULL advantage this year. Just didn't expect to be making plans this awesome for September!!! :yowza:

Edited by OzzieFan30