• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kira

2011 Training Camp

Rate this topic

Awesome - thank you! I will figure out how to PM you, and then I will :) LOL

I called this AM and they said they do still have tickets for every day available, even the big game at the end of the camp!! :banana: I just have to keep checking the website and they do some fax sale thing in June. I will totally keep checking the website, probably a little obsessively :blush:. I then called my in-laws and told them we call dibs on the trailer and they should officially plan on dog-sitting during training camp, and they agreed. SWEET! Thank you so much for giving me some tips, my husband and I are SO excited!! OK, well, I might be a little more excited than he is about meeting OZZIE, but still, he is very happy, too!!! It's funny, because we went to Traverse City last year in August for our anniversary and stayed in the Best Western, and we thought how nice it that State Park was and if we ever had a chance to (tent) camp there, we would! Then our in-laws got a trailer last year and told us we could use it whenever we wanted we plan on using that to our FULL advantage this year. Just didn't expect to be making plans this awesome for September!!! :yowza:

I have to tell you, once you go you are hooked for life. I went one day in '05 with my niece, and I was gone. Every year after that, my other half and I plan a year in advance for the next camp - we were planning for '11 the day after '10 was over.

There are four of us who get together and camp at the Park...we have our favorite spot, and then our friends Art and Kathy camp in the site behind us. We go up the day before, and after we get set up, we sneak over to Centre Ice and see who's around. That's how I met Ozzie, Rafi, and Andreas Lilja one year. Hardly anyone was around and it was really nice.

The weekend is worth it. Sometimes running around TC, you might even see a Wing or two. We went up to Tom's in Acme last year and ran into Jordan Owens (one of the prospects). He was buying bags of ice to put on his knees! :lol: Really sweet guy. I ended up giving Johan Franzen directions to Mabel's restaurant one day, and I heard that Mike Babcock and some of the prospects were seen at Subway in Acme one year (we missed them by 15 minutes). You never know!

we definitely should get some kind of a party together one of the nights. They're pretty lenient on getting into the park that time of year, so maybe one of the nights we could have a campfire and all get together and swap stories?

The drinks are on Konnan? You're on! I will warn you, though, my tastes are not cheap.

Edited by Kira

I cannot wait!! The more I think about it the more excited I get! My brother in law is getting married in TN Labor Day weekend so I PRAY that this won't be a big deal to get off work. I think I might catch a case of the "55 Flu" if my request is denied... ;)

The current question I have is as follows. On May 9, I saw this post on facebook: "Confirmation has been received... Training Camp has been extended two days. The Wings will be flying in and out of Traverse City to play preseason games in Pittsburgh on 9/21/11 and also London, Ontario on 9/22/11. Keep your eyes on this FB page and on the Centre ICE website (www.centreice.org) for more information on game day morning skates and ticket prices."

1. Does this mean there will be two additional days of AM trainings to have the opportunity to watch?

2. Also, does this impact the day of the Red and White game originally scheduled for September 20?

My other question is, do you guys all camp together when you go? I mean, I know you camp at the same campgound, but do you try to get spots close by each other also? That would be fun! :cool: If you do, could you "PM me" and let me know the secret spots so I can call the place and reserve one?

Thanks!!!

:newbie: