• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

NYI ... G Poulin injured during warmups

Rate this topic

Amazing how they pick up Nabby because they supposedly were so desperate for a goalie. Yet they don't have any interest in Mike Smith or Ray Emery?? Garth Snow is a complete moron.

And on top of that, it's even more ridiculous considering Poulin and DiPietro were both healthy at the time they stole Nabby away from us. Now they're hurting for goalies MUCH more now, yet they put no claim on either Smith or Emery??? :rolleyes:

Does Emery have to clear waivers like Nabby?

I know Forsberg doesn't because he didn't sign a contract in Europe.

Emery already cleared waivers. Anaheim didn't have to waive him, but they chose to in order to get Emery an extended stint in the AHL.

Anyways, the Islanders are so bad, Lebda was a +2. The first time this season he's finished a game with a plus-rating.

The Kings had 5 goalies play for them in '06-'07

The Islanders have now tied them...

Maybe Garth Snow will come out of retirement and play for them...

That's so ludicrous it may actually be what they do. This dude seems next to clueless. They're like the Lions a couple years ago, just when you see a glimmer of hope, they find a way t look rediculous and fail miserably. I'd laugh if they claimed the next goalie on waivers and he refused to report.

Amazing how they pick up Nabby because they supposedly were so desperate for a goalie. Yet they don't have any interest in Mike Smith or Ray Emery?? Garth Snow is a complete moron.

And on top of that, it's even more ridiculous considering Poulin and DiPietro were both healthy at the time they stole Nabby away from us. Now they're hurting for goalies MUCH more now, yet they put no claim on either Smith or Emery??? :rolleyes:

Nabby at that price is a much better move than either Emery or Smith. He's a proven goaltender at a bargain price. There's a reason Smith went unclaimed, and anyone claiming Emery would have to put him into the lineup immediately, which is less than ideal with a goalie trying to mount a comeback, let alone someone with the history of Emery.

Nabby doesn't want to join them and suddenly all of their goalies are injured? Nice try Snow, I certainly hope Nabby holds out now. Just as a big f*** you for claiming him.

esteef

Their goalies were injured beforehand, which is why they claimed Nabokov. Dipietro was coming back from injury at the time they grabbed Nabby, but everyone knew it was inevitable he'd get hurt again.

I'm surprised how bent out of shape people are over the Nabokov thing. Snow claimed him for a lot of the same reasons Holland wanted him. It was a great deal on a very good goaltender, when the Isles had virtually no healthy goalies.

And if the Islanders had passed, I guess you'd all just be mad at the next team who picked him up, because he still had like 25 more teams to clear. There was little to no chance Nabokov was ever going to be a Red Wing.

Nabby at that price is a much better move than either Emery or Smith. He's a proven goaltender at a bargain price. There's a reason Smith went unclaimed, and anyone claiming Emery would have to put him into the lineup immediately, which is less than ideal with a goalie trying to mount a comeback, let alone someone with the history of Emery.

Their goalies were injured beforehand, which is why they claimed Nabokov. Dipietro was coming back from injury at the time they grabbed Nabby, but everyone knew it was inevitable he'd get hurt again.

I'm surprised how bent out of shape people are over the Nabokov thing. Snow claimed him for a lot of the same reasons Holland wanted him. It was a great deal on a very good goaltender, when the Isles had virtually no healthy goalies.

And if the Islanders had passed, I guess you'd all just be mad at the next team who picked him up, because he still had like 25 more teams to clear. There was little to no chance Nabokov was ever going to be a Red Wing.

Less ideal than having your goalie of the future get injured, and starting a guy with 0 NHL experience because you have no choice? I think Emery completely out of shape might have been a better option.

And again, NOONE is upset that Nabby didn't make it to the Wings. It was almost certain that he'd not make it through waivers. The problem is that a team with 0 playoff hopes picked up a 35 year old who was looking to help someone for the playoffs, and then sits around going "I don't understand why he doesn't want to play here."

Less ideal than having your goalie of the future get injured, and starting a guy with 0 NHL experience because you have no choice? I think Emery completely out of shape might have been a better option.

And again, NOONE is upset that Nabby didn't make it to the Wings. It was almost certain that he'd not make it through waivers. The problem is that a team with 0 playoff hopes picked up a 35 year old who was looking to help someone for the playoffs, and then sits around going "I don't understand why he doesn't want to play here."

So explain to me then why Garth Snow went from being someone who was never mentioned in any respect, as a goaltender or a GM, to being the most hated man on LGW. For what reason was the "Yzerman puts Mike Smith on waivers" thread a Garth Snow bashfest?

And Nabokov wasn't "looking to help someone for the playoffs" he was looking to be an NHL starter again, preferably on a playoff team. There aren't a lot of teams out there where he could have just stepped in and said "hey, I'm your new starting goalie" and the Isles certainly aren't one of them. Don't make Nabokov out to be some innocent victim here. Nabokov signed a cheap contract with Holland knowing he'd have to pass through waivers to play for the Wings. Snow picked him up. Nabokov refused to play for the Isles.

Live with it. Snow being the GM of a franchise doomed to death before he even got there as a player does NOT make him a bad GM.

Still wouldn't be the worst move an Islander GM's ever made.

Live with it. Snow being the GM of a franchise doomed to death before he even got there as a player does NOT make him a bad GM.

Snow's been the GM since the summer of 06. This is his 5th season as the GM of the Islanders. How many seasons would it take for him to earn himself a share of the responsiblity for the retard rodeo on long island?

And then the owner, seeing how much he sucks, made the executive decision to put him on waivers, at which point he would be claimed by the Oilers.

You could just as easily ask, why would Nabokov bother to sign a contract when there was little to no chance of him starting for the Wings. He mentioned helping a team in the playoffs, but then why sign for Detroit? There was almost zero chance of him clearing all the teams in waivers, then outplaying Howard enough to convince Babcock to start him.

As I've said before though, Nabby's agent said he'd play anywhere. Which you'd have to believe at the time since he bothered coming back this season and subjecting himself to waivers. And so what if the Isles have zero playoff hopes? Snow still needs to ice an NHL team and try to get fans to come to games. His only option was a kid that they hope will be a good goaltender for the franchise someday. I understand why they wouldn't want him to be the one suffering as the starting goaltender for the Isles that early in his development.

Snow has a goaltender under contract in Nabokov, so I also understand him not picking up Emery.

Don't get me wrong, the Isles management has made a lot of unbelievably stupid moves. This one, I pretty much understand. And I also don't get why people think Snow somehow looks like an ass in this situation, but so many people are okay with Nabokov no honoring his NHL contract and refusing to report, which is extremely unprofessional. He may not be helping a team in the playoffs, but when you jump ship to the KHL then bail on that and subject yourself to waivers, you might not have the pick of the litter when it comes to which NHL team you get to start for. Even without the postseason Nabby could've used this season with Islanders to re-establish himself as a starting NHL goaltender and signed a big contract next year.

So explain to me then why Garth Snow went from being someone who was never mentioned in any respect, as a goaltender or a GM, to being the most hated man on LGW. For what reason was the "Yzerman puts Mike Smith on waivers" thread a Garth Snow bashfest?

And Nabokov wasn't "looking to help someone for the playoffs" he was looking to be an NHL starter again, preferably on a playoff team. There aren't a lot of teams out there where he could have just stepped in and said "hey, I'm your new starting goalie" and the Isles certainly aren't one of them. Don't make Nabokov out to be some innocent victim here. Nabokov signed a cheap contract with Holland knowing he'd have to pass through waivers to play for the Wings. Snow picked him up. Nabokov refused to play for the Isles.

Exactly. This bitching is all about Nabokov not making it to the Wings. Before this deal, most people probably didn't even know who the GM of the s***ty Isles team was.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Snow's been the GM since the summer of 06. This is his 5th season as the GM of the Islanders. How many seasons would it take for him to earn himself a share of the responsiblity for the retard rodeo on long island?

The problem is that Garth Snow isn't really allowed to GM.

A majority of being the GM in Long Island just means being Wang's pawn.

There have been some very solid moves Snow has made, but then some doozies which typically smell of Wang's touch.

Exactly. This bitching is all about Nabokov not making it to the Wings. Before this deal, most people probably didn't even know who the GM of the s***ty Isles team was.

Yeah. My comment was so much to complain about Snow as a joke at how reidiculous things are oveer there.

Snow does what he can with what he is given. I have no problems with the guy.

The problem is that Garth Snow isn't really allowed to GM.

A majority of being the GM in Long Island just means being Wang's pawn.

Everybody Wang Pawn tonight! :D

The best thing that could happen to the Isles? Let Jim Basile buy 'em, gut the organ-I-zation, & move them to Hamilton.

Edited by ogreslayer

Nobody really thought he would end up in Detroit. It was completely obvious that Nabby wanted to at the very least play for a playoff team not some going nowhere bottom dweller or be buried in the minors. Snow claiming him was certainly within the rules, but still a complete dick move. It's no surprise that Nabby's kindly telling them to f*** off. If a playoff bound team claims him he probably shows up with no problems.

esteef