• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/9 GDT: Predators 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Come on guys, it's just one game.

Yeah because they've played so well since December. <_<

If not for the hot start early, we'd be battling for a playoff spot right now.

They're not playing like one of the top teams right now. The scary part is the effort. We have too many good players and leaders not to show up every night.

It would have been nice if they actually tried tonight. That was the laziest game I've ever seen them play in person. Absolute waste of money.

You should write them and ask for your money back. Seriously. I would. You paid for a product and the business didn't provide you with what you were looking for. I know it's over the top and overly dramatic, but anything to send a point.

It would have been nice if they actually tried tonight. That was the laziest game I've ever seen them play in person. Absolute waste of money.

You should write them and ask for your money back. Seriously. I would. You paid for a product and the business didn't provide you with what you were looking for. I know it's over the top and overly dramatic, but anything to send a point.

I agree. Send the letter. In fact, I'm sure many people here on LGW will be more than happy to help you write it.

I agree. Send the letter. In fact, I'm sure many people here on LGW will be more than happy to help you write it.

I also agree and was actually thinking the same thing. My girlfriend and I have gone to four hockey games since last year and the Wings have won only one of them (Monday against NY). Her being a relatively new fan, that was her very first Wings' victory, but I was getting worried that she wouldn't see them win at all what with how terrible they've played.

You pretty much made a case for a trade, though. The elements are there, but something is missing, something is not making them connect. A trade might not guarantee success but I'm not sure standing pat is going to fix things, either. It could, I hate to say I've lost faith in the Wings, they love their comebacks, but we haven't seen them play this bad statistically in...I don't know, over a decade I bet. This is more than a slump, they've been playing like this for at least two months now.

Whatever the case with the defense, whether it's a player or it's coaching, I think it's beyond doubt that a change needs to be made in goal. Howard is not a capable starter right now. Maybe next season, maybe even by playoffs, but right now we need a new goalie capable of starting.

So who would they trade for whom that would shake this team up? I agree acquiring a free agent could potentially be great, but we don't have the cap space to acquire anyone worth having, and an FA signing is not a trade.

I know everyone here refers back to the 2001-2002 season when the Wings had a talent laden roster, but in case anyone forgets, the Wings won only 1 of their last 10 games. In a stretch at the beginning of December, they only won 1 out of 7 games.

Every team goes through rough stretches. The Canucks won only 2 of 7 games when the season started. They are in first place today. The Wings are going to dig themselves out of this mess. They are going to get hot again and all will be good in LGW world. Right now though, they have a lot to work through.

Guest screwdahawks

Come on guys, it's just one game.

It's not just one game. Look at the Rangers game, 47 shots against is awful. This team does not feel the urgency to play hard because of where they are in the standings and point of time in the season. The problem is, in the playoffs it's usually the team that plays the hardest wins and it's almost impossible to play hard unless your already accustomed to that type of play.

I know everyone here refers back to the 2001-2002 season when the Wings had a talent laden roster, but in case anyone forgets, the Wings won only 1 of their last 10 games. In a stretch at the beginning of December, they only won 1 out of 7 games.

Every team goes through rough stretches. The Canucks won only 2 of 7 games when the season started. They are in first place today. The Wings are going to dig themselves out of this mess. They are going to get hot again and all will be good in LGW world. Right now though, they have a lot to work through.

its the work ethic there showing... every game except 4 games since Decemeber have been 4+ goal games and they haven't worked to fix it, not to mention the amount of floating around last night. Everyone understands teams go through rough stretches, but im pretty sure no one would be complaining if we actually saw a team that wanted to compete in the last 2 months.

I agree, I keep comparing them to the 05-08 pistons who never gave a s*** (until absolutely needed). My only concern is setting a bad trend on defense. The offense I don't believe will have a problem, they just simply aren't driving the net or anything. But defense they aren't physical. I mean how the f*** do we have a player like holstrom on our team (the best in the league at getting in front of the net) yet we can't clear a screen for s***. We also need to stop with these no look passes and ******* soft passes...

Can't hurt to give it a try...make Howard EARN his starting job back

Agreed. I'm not saying making Joey Mac the starter (that would be suicide), but Howard needs to realize that he doesn't get a free pass on this.

Yes, the defense played like garbage the entire game. However, each goaltender played approximately half the game. Each goaltender faced almost the same amount of shots (Jimmy +2). Each goaltender faced the same amount of shots on penalty kills as well. Extremely similar circumstances, clearly different results.

jimmyvsjoey.JPG

Agreed. I'm not saying making Joey Mac the starter (that would be suicide), but Howard needs to realize that he doesn't get a free pass on this.

Yes, the defense played like garbage the entire game. However, each goaltender played approximately half the game. Each goaltender faced almost the same amount of shots (Jimmy +2). Each goaltender faced the same amount of shots on penalty kills as well. Extremely similar circumstances, clearly different results.

jimmyvsjoey.JPG

Jimmy faced a ton of shots where there was no defense because they got burned. How many games will Babs put up with where the D allows players behind them and have 1v1 withe the goalie. The defense was so bad it was embarrassing.

Edited by korrowan