• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#301 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

You'd think that other teams would have fixed their obvious lack of defensive tightness for the past 2 1/2 seasons now by looking at the source.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#302 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

bring in hitch!

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#303 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

How4rd. <_<

Posted Image

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#304 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Does John Keating have to make it even more depressing?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#305 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Can someone sum it up for me? I didnt get a chance to watch & I was having a hard time finding it on TV

Edited by LadyInRed, 09 February 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#306 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts

Here comes the excuses.

#307 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

LMAO - quote from post-game: "The Red Wings needed another injury like the world needs another Big Mama's House movie."
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#308 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Anybody else still think a trade is not necessary? I see a lot of individual efforts out there and not a lot of team effort right now. Not a lot of hunger.

Holland has made moves in the past few years when the team was doing better, I don't see him sitting pat right now. The trouble is, I don't really see anyone as trade-bait.

I was surprised to see that the Wings have posted a .500 record over the past period (I forget how long exactly), the worst posting of the post-lockout era.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#309 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

It's games like those that make you think that maybe it's not just the economy that produces empty seats at the Joe.

#310 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

THINK WITH YOUR GOAL STICK, JIMMAHHHHH!!!!!!!

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#311 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts

Can someone sum it up for me? I didnt get a chance to watch & I was having a hard time watching it on TV

Yep..they SUCKED AGAIN.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 09 February 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#312 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Well, at least one Detroit team won tonight, as the Pistons beat the Cavaliers 103-94.

that had more to do with the cavs than the pistons. although i'm pretty sure the cavs could snap their losing streak if they played (hockey) against the wings.

#313 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Pretty lame. Not anything else to say. I'm gonna go commit mass carnage in Borderlands to make myself feel better.

Good night everyone.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#314 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

OK, TV guys. When you interview Babcock, would you please ask him "Coach, we've talked a lot about the need for the Wings to make quicker starts. What does it say about this team that they know full well what they need to do, but can't do it?" But no, they'll ask him a few powderpuff questions and let him go.
I watch the Red Wings opponents these days - speed & forechecking, and think, that was Draper, Maltby, LaPointe, Kocur, and Mac years ago. We haven't got anybody like that anymore. Then again, maybe we do, but they have to spend their ice time trying to score goals, because the top lines are regularly out to lunch for entire games.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#315 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

Anybody else still think a trade is not necessary?

No, you're not the only one. I think this team has everything it needs to go all the way except for consistency and showing up ready to play. I don't think a change in personnel will do a damn thing except for screw up the chemistry we have seen this team play with. Sometimes I swear I have never seen anything more beautiful than the Wings' play - their passing in particular. The elements are there, they just need to get their heads out of their asses.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#316 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

So, a slow start, bad defence all over the ice, even worse goaltending, no PP to speak of, and Ruslanf****** Salei scored our only goal. Not a good night, Wings got some work to do.

#NOMOREKINDL

#317 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Anybody else still think a trade is not necessary? I see a lot of individual efforts out there and not a lot of team effort right now. Not a lot of hunger.

Holland has made moves in the past few years when the team was doing better, I don't see him sitting pat right now. The trouble is, I don't really see anyone as trade-bait.

I was surprised to see that the Wings have posted a .500 record over the past period (I forget how long exactly), the worst posting of the post-lockout era.

Are we counting goalies?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#318 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

If you're not going to play Datsyuk at center then why not reunite the Euro Twins?

#319 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

Damn ... Boston for the next 2 !!

#320 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts