• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#361 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

that '08 team was 41-10 when they went into that february slump. just saying.

in 50 games the 08 team was 36-10-4

in 50 games this team is 31-13-6

5 fewer wins, 3 more losses, and 2 more OT losses. thats not TOO far off. this team has the ability to play great hockey, we saw that in the first 2 months of the season. im not ready to release the hounds on them like a lot of people seem to want to do, but they do have to start playing better, that much is obvious.

Edited by nate94gt, 10 February 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#362 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

5 fewer wins, 3 more losses, and 2 more OT losses. thats not TOO far off. this team has the ability to play great hockey, we saw that in the first 2 months of the season. im not ready to release the hounds on them like a lot of people seem to want to do, but they do have to start playing better, that much is obvious.

What about 08-09?

#363 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

i agree, and it's so damn frustrating to watch right now. i think that's why a lot of us seem like we're giving up on the team.

however, this team is not even close to being as good as the '08 team. i watched every single game in '08 and the wings looked alright (most of the time) in losses.

to put it bluntly: "..or you got it, or you ain't"

this team 'ain't got IT' (prove me wrong, wings)

What about 08-09?

32-11-7

5 fewer wins, 3 more losses, and 2 more OT losses. thats not TOO far off.

but in 54 games:

'08 team 40-10-4 84 points
'11 team 32-16-6 70 points

that is far off. and besides that, it's not just about the team record. it's about how they play. if the playoffs started today the wings would lose in the first round.

#364 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

I missed the game, but it sounded like it wasn't a very good game right from the get go <_<
IPB Image

#365 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

that is far off. and besides that, it's not just about the team record. it's about how they play. if the playoffs started today the wings would lose in the first round.

Very true. The Wings first and foremost aim to balance wins with an awareness to pace themselves for the playoffs. As part of the process, the disappointing lulls in which the way they lose (or win) as if they do not put forth much effort always causes concern among fans and even moreso for the whole organization. Now admittedly, they had some games like that during our favorite standard of judgment, 07-08, but at that time those lack of efforts seemingly appeared to occur less often than in comparison to this season and the two years before that.

#366 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

For people bringing up 2008, we had Hasek and Ozzie that year, and Ozzie was playing out of his mind all year.

This team currently does not have a goalie who's playing well enough to go deep in the playoffs.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#367 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

im just gonna post this in every GDT when they lose

february of 08

Posted Image

Saturday, February 23rd.

Top performer: Derek Meech!

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#368 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

Whats with all these comparisons to '08 all of a sudden? We were a damn machine that year, 2nd in goals scored, 1st in goals against. Offensively dominant, defensively suffocating.

And everyone bringing up February '08 (when yes indeed we did suck) is forgetting one tiny little detail - WE HAD 10 STARTERS INJURED!!!! Our top D-pair was Lilja-Lebda.

I'm going to repeat that for the hard of hearing. Our 1st defensive pairing was Lilja-Lebda.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#369 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:13 AM

Whats with all these comparisons to '08 all of a sudden? We were a damn machine that year, 2nd in goals scored, 1st in goals against. Offensively dominant, defensively suffocating.

And everyone bringing up February '08 (when yes indeed we did suck) is forgetting one tiny little detail - WE HAD 10 STARTERS INJURED!!!! Our top D-pair was Lilja-Lebda.

I'm going to repeat that for the hard of hearing. Our 1st defensive pairing was Lilja-Lebda.

why wouldn't someone who's hard of hearing be able to read it the first time?