• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/9 GDT: Predators 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

The wings are giving the preds a ton of room to skate with as they bring the puck into our zone. Explain it.

The wings defense is getting handled while being forechecked. Explain it.

The wings cannot maintain any kind of pressure while on offense. Explain it.

This team is not known for these problems. Why is this going on? The offense was able to hide the flaws previously but as of late it is really exposing the fact that if the wings don't score a lot of goals every night they are going to have problems winning games. This is my point. And this is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs.

you're right, the wings are giving the preds a ton of room to skate. they are doomed and the coach should be fired.

you're right, the wings cannot maintain any kind of pressure. they are doomed and the coach should be fired.

you're right, this team is known to never give any team any room to skate and continuously applies pressure every game every year, without exception. they are doomed and the coach should be fired.

i honestly can't explain why the wings aren't scoring more often. it's not from a lack of talent or effort. but regardless, they are doomed and the coach should be fired.

While I understand the impetus to blame the coach when the team out on the ice isn't doing its job, making poor decisions, and generally playing like ass.......there's only so much a coach can do. At the end of the day, these are grown men making in some cases millions of dollars to do this for a living. They know what the hell they're supposed to be doing out there, and Babcock yelling, screaming, and pulling a Bobby Knight isn't going to make them do it any better.

No, it's the players fault if they aren't doing their jobs. Babcock isn't out there, he's not making the boneheaded moves or letting in weak goals. He's trying to get them NOT to do that.

Oh, I agree. But a it is a coach's responsibility is to make the team WIN. If these players don't work, trade them/bench them/demote them until you find some that do. I'm not saying this is the 'end of the world' it just seems like it, because we're spoiled.

you're right, the wings are giving the preds a ton of room to skate. they are doomed and the coach should be fired.

you're right, the wings cannot maintain any kind of pressure. they are doomed and the coach should be fired.

you're right, this team is known to never give any team any room to skate and continuously applies pressure every game every year, without exception. they are doomed and the coach should be fired.

i honestly can't explain why the wings aren't scoring more often. it's not from a lack of talent or effort. but regardless, they are doomed and the coach should be fired.

What a retarded response. Where did I say anything about the coach being fired? The only thing I said is that I hope the coach hasn't lost the ear of the team. Usually babcock is absolutely on top of making his team play fundadmentally solid hockey, and the wings are not doing that and haven't in quite a long time now.

I'm not all that concerned about the wings offensively, I'm majorly concerned about their defensive play. They're getting manhandled in their own zone, they continue to try to make ridiculous passes in their own zone that result in turnovers and scoring chances, and I'm sick of it, frankly.

Take it easy Bro...let the folks vent...we are really sucking right now...even the players are saying it.

He's just trying to increase his post count, since that post didn't add to the discussion whatsoever.

Yep, every goal tonight has proved my point in my opinion, the 3rd just happened to occur right after my rant. ;)

What a retarded response. Where did I say anything about the coach being fired? The only thing I said is that I hope the coach hasn't lost the ear of the team. Usually babcock is absolutely on top of making his team play fundadmentally solid hockey, and the wings are not doing that and haven't in quite a long time now.

I'm not all that concerned about the wings offensively, I'm majorly concerned about their defensive play. They're getting manhandled in their own zone, they continue to try to make ridiculous passes in their own zone that result in turnovers and scoring chances, and I'm sick of it, frankly.

Take it easy Bro...let the folks vent...we are really sucking right now...even the players are saying it.

OK.

Wow...the suckage has reached an all time low.

Would love to see us turn it around THIS game but it is going to take a a miracle...

So depressed with this teams' play.

Settle down, the Wings have had worse times since the lockout. Losing in the first round to EDM, losing 10 of 11 in February of '08, being outside of the playoffs during our injury stretch last year. We will be fine, we're a playoff team and we will have things ramped back up by then.