• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Fan_in_L.A

another goaltender option

Rate this topic

We lost Nabokov from the wavier. Should we find the other goaltender backup Jimmy Howard if Osgood can't come back? I think Toskala is another good choice for us. Although his record in Leafs were very bad, his reocrds in Sharks were good. So should we give him a chance in Motown????

Guest Crymson

We lost Nabokov from the wavier. Should we find the other goaltender backup Jimmy Howard if Osgood can't come back? I think Toskala is another good choice for us. Although his record in Leafs were very bad, his reocrds in Sharks were good. So should we give him a chance in Motown????

He's terrible. His numbers for the Sharks WERE good until he got a big contract, at which point he began eating donuts and stopped working hard.

That said, he played in the SEL this season. As such, he'd need to go through waivers just like Nabokov did.

Edited by Crymson

Ozzie has started skating, and Howie had 45 saves last game.

I think we will be okay.

This. We hit our regular post-New Year slump (if that's what you can call it every year) and now seem things seem to be righting themselves. Give Howard a bit more rest towards the end of the season and then he'll be ready

Toskala is at least Finnish. Shoutout to all the Finnish fans and fans of Finnish players on here, wooo! :thumbup:

I think he sucks and I'd never want him on any NHL team anymore. Because there's a chance he may be returning to SM-liiga to his original club Ilves and he's still a good goalie at that level.

We tried to send him a contract. He never got it. It went five hole.

hahaha now this was funny.

This is a joke right? Is there another goalie with the last name of Toskala that I am unaware of, or are you actually proposing THIS Vesa Toskala:

in all fairness that bounce at the end was hell.

hahaha now this was funny.

in all fairness that bounce at the end was hell.

come on, I know you're playing Devil's advocate, but had he squared his body with the puck and not gone down when it was still 7 feet away, that wouldn't have happened... the crazy bounce maybe would have caused a scare, but it wouldn't have ended up in the back of the net...

rumors are bouncing around about gustafsson being available...

what does everyone think of him, and what would we willingly give up?

remember...we are talking about the team that REALLY wanted lebda.

begin.....

This is a joke right? Is there another goalie with the last name of Toskala that I am unaware of, or are you actually proposing THIS Vesa Toskala:

I wandered by to post exactly this. Whenever I'm bored, my two favorite youtube searches are Yzerman highlights and Toskala lowlights.