• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Leafs trade Beauchemin back to Anaheim

Rate this topic

Why was this trade made Mack?

Too much money tied up in an underachieving defense, and a kid with the Marlies in Keith Aulie who deserves to be in the NHL but wasn't room.

Lupul is just a salary thing. Gardiner is the piece they were after.

I'm surprised the Ducks paid as much as they did. Don't get me wrong, Lupul isn't worth $4.25/yr but Gardiner is a good prospect and they threw in a conditional pick. Add in the fact a year and a half ago Beauchemin had wanted to stay in Anaheim the Ducks essentially have to give away assets to get back what they could have kept.

Itis' also surprising because the benchmark for price of defensemen has also now been set. If Beauchemin fetched this much you can imagine what the asking price will be for guys like Philips, Gonchar, Karberle etc.

Nothing. I've given up trying to figure out what will happen with Kaberle.

No kidding man, and it gets annoying hearing leafs fans talk about how he is going to get traded for sure and hearing all the trades.

There are die hard leafs fans convinced they are going to get Brad Richards and Jamie Benn for Kadri and Kaberle here. Being a wings fan at University in leafs nation can get tiresome sometimes

Good trade for the leafs. Gardiner is a really good prospect and if Lupul gets healthy and playing well then this could turn out to be a steal. Beauch was junk in TO anyways

I was thinking the same thing, Leafs appear to be the winner in the trade to me... a few of the initial replies to the OP had me scratching my head...

I was thinking the same thing, Leafs appear to be the winner in the trade to me... a few of the initial replies to the OP had me scratching my head...

They probably had no idea who Jake Gardiner is.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Word is Gustavsson is on the block, as well.

Was pulled during a 7-1 game where the Marlies were winning. Never heard of that before.

Odd, it definitely looks like he might be on the move... if his caphit was lower (like less than 1m) I'd be ALL for the Wings taking a flier on him, hell I might even consider it at 1.3 (as long as what was going back the other way made sense - mid/low level pick or a mid-low level prospect)

I think he was in a bad situation in Tor and would thrive here, probably even give Jimmy a run for his money as starter...

Edited by stevkrause

This looks like a great return for the Leafs. I'm usually quietly hoping Toronto doesn't screw their rebuild up. It's nice to them do something right. Although I really don't like Burke.

If I turn my tide on the Leafs its usually because I can't stand how delusional and rediculous Leafs fans are. Check out TSN's comments section on nearly any post regarding the list, its sick

There was like 17 pages of comments for an article on Mike Brown signing. Ahhhhhh!

Edited by achildr1

And according to Burke he thinks they can still make the playoffs :lol: Way to say all the right things Burkie. I'm thinking that his senility is approaching Don Cherry levels.