• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Montreal vs Boston

Rate this topic

I wish the wings would show some balls like that. And what about the crowd? It was nice to see a hockey game where the fans were just as into it as the players fighting. It was just so intense. Wing's fans are so spoiled of winning they just don't cheer til playoffs. Sad.

One hell of a game. The Price/Thomas confrontation was nothing. Montreal bit off more than they could chew physically. At the end of the game, it was Tom Pyatt who threw the first shot at Gregory Campbell, and Campbell proceeded to pound him to a pulp. Subban did some running around. Lucic and Horton both had good games on the score sheet and in the physical department. Boston leads the league in fighting majors. They can mix it up with just about anyone. Montreal isn't a real test, as far as physicality, though.

Man, that was great! I just happened to record it on a whim, and what a show! 6 players crammed into the boxes, the refs trying to make a list of who all was involved, Thomas and Price having a good ol' time tearing up each other's sweaters and chuckling about it afterwards...pure entertainment. The crowd reaction was great, too, though if you don't get excited about a game like that, I don't know what you're waiting for.

Boston reminds me of a certain team from '97 that could beat you on the score sheet and in the physicality department. That makes for a damn tough team to play against. As Mickey would say "The fans don't like it at all!"

I'm certain if games like this were broadcast on NBC on a Saturday night - ratings would go thru the roof.

Agreed, if only as an experiment. The current Saturday night NBC schedule is:

8:00 PM Harry's Law

9:00 PM Law & Order: Los Angeles

10:00 PM Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Is "Hockey Day in America" going to carry into the evening? Nevermind, I just checked and the answer is "no".

Kinda mad I missed it. My only complaint was Marchand's very late hit after the whistle (on an icing call), which is what started the first line brawl. I didn't like that at all. One of those plays where the Habs player was lucky Marchand essentially missed him, because he would have been hurt if Marchand had made solid contact.

Edited by henrik40

Yup - it's games like this that remind me when we used to have that wonderful combo of skill mixed with toughness...Ah - the memories.

EDIT - if the Red Wings were transformed overnight into a team built along the lines of the Bruins, or Flyers - poor Mickey would have a heart attack from the excitement.

Games of this nature is what got me into hockey many years ago.

Agreed on all counts.

I understand that people here love the Wings, and the team for the last several years has mostly lacked the fighting element, so they may be inclined to say "who needs it" or "we don't want it." But if this team was winning and could beat the snot out of people, I doubt many here would be complaining either. It'd be an awesome thing to watch the Wings win and intimidate teams physically.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Wow, what a game. That might be game of the year.. Plain and simple Old Time Hockey. I miss those days, it would be nice to see that a bit more :thumbup:

Last night game reminded me of the Bruins of the 70's & 80's. The Bruins were physical last night against a faster Canadians team and it paid off. Nothing like a Good ole Boston Bruins Tea Party against the Canadians in the town they call "the hub of hockey".

I wish the wings would show some balls like that. And what about the crowd? It was nice to see a hockey game where the fans were just as into it as the players fighting. It was just so intense. Wing's fans are so spoiled of winning they just don't cheer til playoffs. Sad.

Agreed, it's pretty sad when you see how involved the crowd was in the game, and compare that to Wings games. It seems lilke every arena in the league generates more noise than ours does, the fans go wild over everything, and seem genuinely passionate.

Agreed, it's pretty sad when you see how involved the crowd was in the game, and compare that to Wings games. It seems lilke every arena in the league generates more noise than ours does, the fans go wild over everything, and seem genuinely passionate.

I agree. The fans seemed bored with this team at the Joe. In fact, I think Bill McCreary was bored too as he called the penalties. :huh:

It's called being spoiled. For the bulk of the crowd they have seen just consistent winning hockey and haven't had to sit there and be overly loud. After the streak was broken back in '97 and the passionate "Win it for Vladdy" moment of '98, the crowds of the Joe have been tamed. Just watch game tape of any of the games in those seasons, though. Just unreal how loud the Joe used to get back then.