• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Heaten

Babcock post-game interview

Rate this topic

Here are some quote from him, for the time being:

http://redwingsfront.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/mike-babcock-rips-wings-play/

If there was ever a time to rip them a new one, it's now. This just HAS to stop. No more "oh well, we'll just make it up at the next game" crap. It's February, and we need to start thinking about the playoffs. I don't want them to wear themselves out trying to play every game like it's a Finals game (not that we have to worry about that right now!), but they need to start getting into a routine so they can have some confidence come playoffs time. Datsyuk, Cleary, and Holmstrom are back, so right now is the time to get started. Like titanium2 said, I hope Babcock's been playing it cool and saving up for an absolute Mt. Vesuvius-sized blow up because they need a little shock and awe.

I didn't see the game but spouse said that Mickey said that he thinks they're tired, because of all the injuries. And it's beginning to wear on them. I hope to hell that that's pretty much considered academic and moot. They will feel a WHOLE lot better when they start winning again and playing.like.a.team. I personally think they're all pushing. Although again, I didn't see last night's game. :unsure:

Guest Heaten

Nick definitely needs to say something in the locker room. He doesn't need to scream and throw things, but he needs to lead this damn team because right now, this team is clearly rudderless and floating in circles.

How do you know he hasn't?

I might be reading way to much into the post game interview but when Babs was asked about the lack of trust between players, he simply deflected the question and said the same thing he previously said. Again I could be seriously over reading this cause I am studying to be a lawyer and that's what lawyers do, over analyze. But it was almost as if there is something going on internally with the team that is causing the work ethic of the team on the ice to drop dramatically.

What do you guys think? Y'all think there might be some internal trust issues going on between the players and possibly the coaching staff?

What do you guys think? Y'all think there might be some internal trust issues going on between the players and possibly the coaching staff?

See I think the word issue has a really serious tone to it. Do they have to fix some things here and there? Of course. It's part of the season. You're not always going to like who you work with. Is it something that can set off a bomb in the working environment? No.

I remember in 08-09 they explicitly talked about how they struggled with the same 'trust' obstacles to the team and they did last year as well. For example, the forwards would over-backcheck and overcompensate on defense and that made them play worse. Obviously, that's just one little part of the whole trust struggle but I'm sure you get the idea.

Now, if those rumors about the Flyers Carter-Hartnell incident were true then THAT would be an issue.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/02/red_wings_get_in_quick_but_bri.html

The Red Wings practiced for just 30 minutes but skated with tempo and finished with sprint drills, as Babcock looks to re-establish some work ethic.

So much for that, Babs. :P Wow, it was "brisk" and they skated with "tempo", that'll teach them... I understand not beating them to death, but 30 minutes and some sprints?

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/02/red_wings_get_in_quick_but_bri.html

So much for that, Babs. :P Wow, it was "brisk" and they skated with "tempo", that'll teach them... I understand not beating them to death, but 30 minutes and some sprints?

Maybe he pushed them 30 minutes straight without a rest, doing something really intensive? I agree, though, 30 minutes hardly seems like enough, I had longer basketball practices in middle school.