• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chet1530

Blackhawks trading Kane?

Rate this topic

Chicago's ESPN 1000 reported the Hawks are in talks to possibly deal Patrick Kane and Marty Turco to Buffalo for Ryan Miller... take it for what it's worth. But there has been a lot of behind the scenes drama with Kane in the organization that I would be surprised by the trade but not shocked.

Chicago's ESPN 1000 reported the Hawks are in talks to possibly deal Patrick Kane and Marty Turco to Buffalo for Ryan Miller... take it for what it's worth. But there has been a lot of behind the scenes drama with Kane in the organization that I would be surprised by the trade but not shocked.

robbing Peter to pay Paul if they do this, IE they are robbing their offense to address their s***ty goaltending, this would be a lateral move in my mind because while their GAA will drop so will their GF.

Assuming the rumor is true, I don't get it.

Buffalo gets a 60-point guy just coming into his own, and a goalie sitting at 3.10/0.896.

They lose a top-10 goalie in wins, saves, shots taken, GAA of 2.70.

Now if you look at it from Chicago's side, they save 0.4 goals per game against, but lose 0.377 goals per game for, in addition to 0.578 assists per game.

At best, it's a lateral move.

Chicago, if they pull off this trade, make an upgrade. They trade a first line scoring winger who is only an above-average passer to get a Vezina-caliber goaltender, and dump a $1.3m backup in the process. The Hawks would become worse offensively, but their goal differential would improve.

They still have a solid top-six of Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Brouwer, Kopecky, and Bolland.

The only question is, what happens to Corey Crawford? Perhaps he's traded in the offseason to fill Kane's void, or with Seabrook if there is trouble there?

No way Buffalo goes for this, Turco is old and Miller is their franchise.

The deal as listed does seem to kind of screw Buffalo, this is true. But this is perhaps the answer to the question I posed earlier.

To Buffalo:

F: Patrick Kane

G: Corey Crawford

To Chicago:

G: Ryan Miller

Draft pick/decent prospect

As listed here, however, Chicago doesn't come out in nearly as strong shape unless the pick is good. With the Kane/Turco deal, they still have Crawford to deal for a forward if they need to. With this deal, they are stuck with Turco as the backup.

I could see this trade making more sense back when certain goalies dominated the league every year, but Its not really a goalies game anymore. Doesn't really seem to benefit either team greatly either. Buffalo would be left with practically no goaltending for a gain of 60 points? :thumbdown:

I could see this trade making more sense back when certain goalies dominated the league every year, but Its not really a goalies game anymore. Doesn't really seem to benefit either team greatly either. Buffalo would be left with practically no goaltending for a gain of 60 points? :thumbdown:

Which is why, as I said, a realistic Kane-for-Miller deal would involve Crawford, not Turco.

Thats an interesting trade to say the least. Kane going back home and Miller going to a team that needs help between the pipes. Not sure why Chicago thinks Miller will save them (no pun intended), because he hasn't been all that great this year with Buffalo. I think the Sabres sit 9th in the east right now as do the Hawks in the West!

I have to agree with the other posts, lateral at best!

No way does this deal happen from either team's perspective. The Hawks like Crawford and think he's their guy - at least for now. They just made a huge deal out of retaining Kane last year and think he is a cornerstone to their franchise for the foreseeable future. Ryan Miller is the Buffalo Sabres. Despite his play dropping off a bit this year he still is a major reason why they are where they are. Even if Crawford went the other way the Sabres a far worse team after this proposed trade.

Bowman would get fired immediately by Rocky. Miller is a top 5 goalie but just look at the Sharks how giving up lots of offense for average defense worked for them.

That was from 2010 season I believe. I don't think that trade would still be on the table!