• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Mike Fischer to the Preds

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Carrie Underwood's husband traded to the team of the country music capital? I smell a bigger story.

It's Wayne Gretzky all over again. Now we just have to come up with something wittier than Kings Ransom.

Mike fisher is worth a first round draft pick? Than possibly another 2nd rounder if the Preds win two rounds in the playoffs. Yowza!

A 20 goal, 50 point guy that is great defensively and can hit and fight alight? Yeah a first and a second is worth it

A 20 goal, 50 point guy that is great defensively and can hit and fight alight? Yeah a first and a second is worth it

Ehh. Is Fisher, besides fighting, a huge upgrade over Filppula? Is Fil worth even a 1st and 3rd?

I'm gonna say it. I think Nashville, without Mike Fisher, is the team I least want to play in the first round. I believe they'd beat us.

I guess if they feel like he's the last piece in their puzzle. To me it seems like Burkesque inflation. At least they didn't give up any players. It certainly makes them better. Those hill people will love the great story as well ;)

Edited by Pucks

Guest Hatethedrake!

If that's your attempt at southern you fail miserably.

If that's your attempt at being lame then you win a gold medal.

Guest Hatethedrake!

If this is your attempt at post fapping with terrible stand-up type shtick, you win the internet.

Your attempt is worse than mine. You're the winner.

If that's your attempt at being lame then you win a gold medal.

I'm not post fapping anything or trying to do anything else other than to say, it's one thing to criticize nashville for not knowing about hockey but doing it by using references to an entire block people (some of them being wings fans,...example...."southern wings fan has more posts than any of us combined") is a little silly.

Edited by theman19

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm not post fapping anything or trying to do anything else other than to say, it's one thing to criticize nashville for not knowing about hockey but doing it by using references to an entire block people (some of them being wings fans,...example...."southern wings fan has more posts than any of us combined") is a little silly.

My post was not meant to insult southern people. It was more of a jab at Preds fans.

Fisher will play a similar role that they envisioned Arnott playing when they had him. He couldn't seem to stay healthy. Plus they won't have any trouble signing him long term that's for sure. I think Fisher is a good player. But not the difference between winning a Cup and not winning one.

Ehh. Is Fisher, besides fighting, a huge upgrade over Filppula? Is Fil worth even a 1st and 3rd?

I'm gonna say it. I think Nashville, without Mike Fisher, is the team I least want to play in the first round. I believe they'd beat us.

Well Fisher is a solid hitter, can fight and has proven he can put up 25 goals. He is at least on par defensively with Filpulla, and his goal totals are much better then Flips.

The first round pick will be late first, and if they make it past the second round it will have been worth aquiring him.

So yeah I think this is a fairly even trade

Well Fisher is a solid hitter, can fight and has proven he can put up 25 goals. He is at least on par defensively with Filpulla, and his goal totals are much better then Flips.

The first round pick will be late first, and if they make it past the second round it will have been worth aquiring him.

So yeah I think this is a fairly even trade

Ill buy that. Poile is a smart feller, done well with them. Except maybe Brendan Witt for a 1st round pick.

He has two fights a year. It's not really that big a part of his game. No one goes, "Oh, s***, here comes Fisher to settle the score."

I like his defensive abilities and his faceoff skills, although that percentage dropped this year. He is a strong factor when he feels like it (13 goals, 32 points in 78 games two years ago). He wasn't the key factor in their 2007 Cup run. If Fisher's "proved" he can score 25 goals (he's done it once and has 22-23 three times in 11 years in the league), then Cheechoo has "proved" he can score 56.

At this rate, just imagine what the price tag would be for Spezza. Three firsts?