• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Mike Fischer to the Preds

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

It seems that some people are so eager for Holland to make a trade, they actually approve Holland handing out draft picks like candy on Halloween day.

Holland said in an interview a few years ago (2007/08?) that draft picks in the NU-NHL are gold to long term success. Basically stating that draft picks are more valuable than everything.

He's been true to his word, and rightfully so. If a move is made, I hope it's an Eaves, Hudler, Miller, Kindl, Ericsson, Mursak, Emmerton, Bertuzzi, Modano, and maybe even a Helm, or Abdelkader (if they get something really good in return like a Weber or Kesler) over letting a 1st round draft pick slip away.

But with that 1st round pick, Holland has a chance to draft a Weber or a Kesler type player. Glad Holland is thinking about the future instead of just thinking about February 2011.

Edited by Heaten

Are people upset because they actually thought Kenny was going to pull off a trade?

I think people are more upset at the fact that a division rival has gotten better with the aquisition and the Wings are in the same boat we have been in since the begining of the year.

I dont think anyone thought he was coming here, but, as a big Mike Fisher fan, im still a bit upset that he was on the move and it wasnt to Detroit. But mostly just upset about the fact that our divisional rival, that has been giving us fits the last few seasons, just got better before the trade deadline.

Glad the Fisher talk is over and he is not on the Wings, glad to see him go drop the average for Nash.

i actually am a closet fan of the Blue Jackets, and really like Rick Nash. Not that i think he would ever be traded here from the BJ's in a million years, but are there any rumors that he may be on the trade block?

Preds just got stronger, I think it's a great move for there team. He's going to help them when they're in the playoffs.. That being said, I think a bit steep for Fisher

Not so sure Fisher will fix the Preds 1st round hex, I think the Sens got screwed in this deal...even if they are in rebuild mode.

Deja vu...same thing Wayne Gretzky did going from Oilers to Kings because of his wife and her career.

great move by the preds,i had a feeling that fisher would be traded to nashville eventually.

mike and carrie will no longer have a long-distance marriage and fisher doesn't have to worry about house hunting ,since carrie already has a home in the exclusive gated community of Governor's Club in Williamson County.

Not so sure Fisher will fix the Preds 1st round hex, I think the Sens got screwed in this deal...even if they are in rebuild mode.

Deja vu...same thing Wayne Gretzky did going from Oilers to Kings because of his wife and her career.

Not sure if it's 100% the cure, but it can't harm having Fisher in your line up. Plus Rinne is a good goalie who's playing very well

Good acquisition down the stretch, questionable playoff acquisition (for the price). Questionable playoff performance ability for a 1st + extra.

Glad Kenny didn't trade good assets for his contract just to add to our strongest position.

Guest Crymson

So wait, not only did the wings not get him (which sucks cause he was high on my wish list) but he is going to a division rivsl as well? Well atleast ill get to see him play more often...

You wanted to pay $4m per year for a 20-goal scorer who has two years left on his contract? Really???

So what is the media saying about this trade? That this is making them a quasi contender or...?

On OTR Landsberg said teh headline in the Nashville newspaper was "Predators aquire Carrie Underwoods Husband" hahaha I bet that makes Fisher feel great

Guest Hatethedrake!

As long as we get Gary Allan then I'm a happy camper.

I think all Kenny may give us on deadline day are smoke rings in the dark.