• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Mike Fischer to the Preds

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

The only thing the local media are saying is that it's a "dream come true" for Carrie now that her husband will be living here with her.

Gag.

No surprise there. My first thought upon seeing this trade was "Heh... figures."

Not so sure Fisher will fix the Preds 1st round hex, I think the Sens got screwed in this deal...even if they are in rebuild mode.

Deja vu...same thing Wayne Gretzky did going from Oilers to Kings because of his wife and her career.

Wait... How can Fischer not be worth a first, but the Sens get screwed? So Nashville overpays but the Sens don't win this trade?

Wait... How can Fischer not be worth a first, but the Sens get screwed? So Nashville overpays but the Sens don't win this trade?

The 1st round pick is a deep 1st round pick, if my memory is correct. The 2012 pick is predicated on how deep they go into the playoffs, and we all know that the Preds have been bounced out of the 1st round by the Red Wings, Blackhawks and the Sharks. 2004 -- lost to Detroit, 4-2, Western Conf. quarterfinals...2006 -- lost to San Jose, 4-1, Western Conf. quarterfinals...2007 -- lost to San Jose, 4-1, Western Conf. quarterfinals...2008 -- lost to Detroit, 4-2, Western Conf. quarterfinals...2010 -- lost to Blackhawks, 4-2, Western Conf. quarterfinals = 8-20 playoff record.

The only thing the local media are saying is that it's a "dream come true" for Carrie now that her husband will be living here with her.

Gag.

The only media story that might be bigger would be Chelios attending your world-renowned catfish festival. Someone would need to change his Depends at Murray before wheeling him across the border.

You know, it's funny. We get all tsktsky about them referring to Fisher as "Carrie Underwood's husband" when we referred to actress/singer/tv personality Emma Andersson as "Z's girlfriend".

It's all in how you look at it. We care about hockey. Nashville cares about music. If he had been a long-time Pred, or didn't have any ties to Nashville, he'd just be Mike Fisher, and he wouldn't make headlines.

I'm guessing that he'd have been negotiating with Nashville as soon as he became a free agent anyway, so Ottawa might as well get something for him.

You know, it's funny. We get all tsktsky about them referring to Fisher as "Carrie Underwood's husband" when we referred to actress/singer/tv personality Emma Andersson as "Z's girlfriend".

It's all in how you look at it. We care about hockey. Nashville cares about music. If he had been a long-time Pred, or didn't have any ties to Nashville, he'd just be Mike Fisher, and he wouldn't make headlines.

I'm guessing that he'd have been negotiating with Nashville as soon as he became a free agent anyway, so Ottawa might as well get something for him.

Did Carrie Underwood sing the National Anthem?

The only media story that might be bigger would be Chelios attending your world-renowned catfish festival. Someone would need to change his Depends at Murray before wheeling him across the border.

Don't hate on the World's Biggest Fish Fry!:D

I'm sorry but I don't care about Mike Fisher or his bride. I find it hilarious that all the media is focusing on the marriage aspect of the trade and not ONE announcer has focused solely on the trade alone. Poor guy will forever be known as Carrie Underwood's husband.

I'm sorry but I don't care about Mike Fisher or his bride. I find it hilarious that all the media is focusing on the marriage aspect of the trade and not ONE announcer has focused solely on the trade alone. Poor guy will forever be known as Carrie Underwood's husband.

That's all Nashville knows...country music. They're not like the original 6 teams where hockey has been around in their town 80+ years...

Solid pick-up for a team that could sorely use some center depth, but the price is a weeeee bit steep to me. In the long run I think it'll be a good trade, though. He'll be happy with his new surroundings, and Nashville already has plenty of prospect depth.

I'm not sure I'd use the phrase "poor guy" in this case. :lol:

not that I agree the $4m is good, I don't, but what are we paying Hudler? $2.9m? for what? We have our share of overpaid players...

There are 135 forwards with higher cap hits than Hudler. He's currently 171st in scoring, ranked in with players who have averaged 2-3 minutes more per game. Hudler is also on a serious roll; since Dec. 27th he's been scoring at a rate for a 70-point season. If that were to continue for the rest of the year he would finish between 45-50 points despite scoring only 6 in his first 30 games.

Your comment about Hudler being overpaid is a few weeks too late.