• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

Good acquisition down the stretch, questionable playoff acquisition (for the price). Questionable playoff performance ability for a 1st + extra.

Glad Kenny didn't trade good assets for his contract just to add to our strongest position.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#42 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Good trade for Murray. Getting two solid draft picks for Fisher.

#NOMOREKINDL

#43 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Willa Ford is hotter.

Hahaha. This is true.

#44 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:07 AM

So wait, not only did the wings not get him (which sucks cause he was high on my wish list) but he is going to a division rivsl as well? Well atleast ill get to see him play more often...

You wanted to pay $4m per year for a 20-goal scorer who has two years left on his contract? Really???

#45 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:06 AM

Good pickup for Nashville. Fisher's a gritty guy that has some playoff experience, which can only help the Predators.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#46 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:18 AM

So what is the media saying about this trade? That this is making them a quasi contender or...?

#47 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

The only thing the local media are saying is that it's a "dream come true" for Carrie now that her husband will be living here with her.

Gag.

#48 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

Fisher to Preds
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#49 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

So what is the media saying about this trade? That this is making them a quasi contender or...?

On OTR Landsberg said teh headline in the Nashville newspaper was "Predators aquire Carrie Underwoods Husband" hahaha I bet that makes Fisher feel great

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#50 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

As long as we get Gary Allan then I'm a happy camper.

I think all Kenny may give us on deadline day are smoke rings in the dark.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#51 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

The only thing the local media are saying is that it's a "dream come true" for Carrie now that her husband will be living here with her.

Gag.

No surprise there. My first thought upon seeing this trade was "Heh... figures."

#52 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

Not so sure Fisher will fix the Preds 1st round hex, I think the Sens got screwed in this deal...even if they are in rebuild mode.

Deja vu...same thing Wayne Gretzky did going from Oilers to Kings because of his wife and her career.

Wait... How can Fischer not be worth a first, but the Sens get screwed? So Nashville overpays but the Sens don't win this trade?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#53 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

Isn't it Fisher? Or did the Preds go and sign our very own scouting and development guy, Jiri Fischer? Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#54 Original_6

Original_6

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Wait... How can Fischer not be worth a first, but the Sens get screwed? So Nashville overpays but the Sens don't win this trade?

The 1st round pick is a deep 1st round pick, if my memory is correct. The 2012 pick is predicated on how deep they go into the playoffs, and we all know that the Preds have been bounced out of the 1st round by the Red Wings, Blackhawks and the Sharks. 2004 -- lost to Detroit, 4-2, Western Conf. quarterfinals...2006 -- lost to San Jose, 4-1, Western Conf. quarterfinals...2007 -- lost to San Jose, 4-1, Western Conf. quarterfinals...2008 -- lost to Detroit, 4-2, Western Conf. quarterfinals...2010 -- lost to Blackhawks, 4-2, Western Conf. quarterfinals = 8-20 playoff record.

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

You wanted to pay $4m per year for a 20-goal scorer who has two years left on his contract? Really???

not that I agree the $4m is good, I don't, but what are we paying Hudler? $2.9m? for what? We have our share of overpaid players...

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#56 fifthandbroadway

fifthandbroadway

Barely alive

• Gold Booster
  • 629 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

Gag.

The only media story that might be bigger would be Chelios attending your world-renowned catfish festival. Someone would need to change his Depends at Murray before wheeling him across the border.

#57 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,872 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

You know, it's funny. We get all tsktsky about them referring to Fisher as "Carrie Underwood's husband" when we referred to actress/singer/tv personality Emma Andersson as "Z's girlfriend".

It's all in how you look at it. We care about hockey. Nashville cares about music. If he had been a long-time Pred, or didn't have any ties to Nashville, he'd just be Mike Fisher, and he wouldn't make headlines.

I'm guessing that he'd have been negotiating with Nashville as soon as he became a free agent anyway, so Ottawa might as well get something for him.

#58 Original_6

Original_6

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

You know, it's funny. We get all tsktsky about them referring to Fisher as "Carrie Underwood's husband" when we referred to actress/singer/tv personality Emma Andersson as "Z's girlfriend".

It's all in how you look at it. We care about hockey. Nashville cares about music. If he had been a long-time Pred, or didn't have any ties to Nashville, he'd just be Mike Fisher, and he wouldn't make headlines.

I'm guessing that he'd have been negotiating with Nashville as soon as he became a free agent anyway, so Ottawa might as well get something for him.

Did Carrie Underwood sing the National Anthem?

#59 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

The only media story that might be bigger would be Chelios attending your world-renowned catfish festival. Someone would need to change his Depends at Murray before wheeling him across the border.

Don't hate on the World's Biggest Fish Fry!:D

I'm sorry but I don't care about Mike Fisher or his bride. I find it hilarious that all the media is focusing on the marriage aspect of the trade and not ONE announcer has focused solely on the trade alone. Poor guy will forever be known as Carrie Underwood's husband.

#60 Original_6

Original_6

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

Don't hate on the World's Biggest Fish Fry!:D

I'm sorry but I don't care about Mike Fisher or his bride. I find it hilarious that all the media is focusing on the marriage aspect of the trade and not ONE announcer has focused solely on the trade alone. Poor guy will forever be known as Carrie Underwood's husband.

That's all Nashville knows...country music. They're not like the original 6 teams where hockey has been around in their town 80+ years...