• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Din758

VAN defense falling apart

Rate this topic

After the hit last night on Hamhuis from Getzy, which looks like it could be concussion worthy, the VAN defense is falling apart injury wise. I believe its their top 4 that are out til at least mid march.

Noting what Babcock was saying yesterday in the pregame about how teams want all of their guys back before the playoffs to get comfortable, what does this mean for the canucks?

Guest Hatethedrake!

After the hit last night on Hamhuis from Getzy, which looks like it could be concussion worthy, the VAN defense is falling apart injury wise. I believe its their top 4 that are out til at least mid march.

Noting what Babcock was saying yesterday in the pregame about how teams want all of their guys back before the playoffs to get comfortable, what does this mean for the canucks?

I thought the Canucks have already won the Cup.

With the way the media and some of the fans act, they did. They do get Salo back but more than likely he'll be hurt again 5-10 games in.

Guest Hatethedrake!

So you're all telling me the Canucks HAVE NOT won the Cup? Alright! I can watch hockey again! Maybe have to hit the mute button for CBC and TSN games though.

It's about time people start worrying about this team. The way its going this team will not make it out of the first round.

It's funny because a guy in the seat behind me last night was just appalled that someone even suggested that. He went on to say the Wings will get it going playoff time like they always do yada yada. I truly think this fan base is the most coddled and blind to just about any type of bad happenings. I mean this type of play this year, at times, has been just repulsive and totally anti-Red Wings. I want to hope you are wrong with this but right now I cannot feel any differently either.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Lets make a thread about the Canucks to make us feel better!!

It's about time people start worrying about this team. The way its going this team will not make it out of the first round.

I'm tired of bitching about the Wings. I need a break. I need another team to ***** about.

so we lose 3 of the last 4 and everyone is giving up on the wings already? lets be real people.

the thread is intended for people to discuss how these injuries will effect the canucks season from here on out. not ***** and moan because we dropped 3 games to our division rivals who always seem to bring their A game against us.

all im asking is if you guys think VAN will be able to bounce back, or if the final stretch will force them to lay it all out there and wear them out before the playoffs.

so we lose 3 of the last 4 and everyone is giving up on the wings already? lets be real people.

I have been trying to "be real". I think "CALM THE F DOWN! Wings will flip the try switch come April!!!!" thing gets a bit overdone. They have serious issues and I am confident things will get better but ffs this has been brutal.

:lol: Canuck Fans are crying because they have a couple of injuries...

:lol: Canuck Fans are crying because they have a couple of injuries...

Yet despite the injuries, they're playing well all year.

I wish we could play like that when we have injuries. We only have Stuart out on defense, yet our defense looks like it couldn't stop a high school team from scoring.

Don't know what this will mean for them in the long run or in the playoffs, but they're playing through the injuries like a great team should. And playing better than .500 hockey since December, unlike the Wings.

Since the lockout, January and February have been the worst months for the Wings. I'll start to worry if they're tanking in March and April.

Nucks should be alright for now at least. Offense wins in the regular season, and their team defense and goaltending should be pelnty enough to keep them up. Playoffs would be different, if they have guys out that long.

Yet despite the injuries, they're playing well all year.

I wish we could play like that when we have injuries. We only have Stuart out on defense, yet our defense looks like it couldn't stop a high school team from scoring.

Don't know what this will mean for them in the long run or in the playoffs, but they're playing through the injuries like a great team should. And playing better than .500 hockey since December, unlike the Wings.

Howard has faced 33 shots per 60 minutes in 11 games since Stuart went out. He faced 30 per 60 in the previous 10 games he played. A slight change, perhaps quantified as the difference between Stuart and Kindl defensively right now if you factor in the changes on the PK and the increased ice time for Ericsson and Salei.

It's fortunate the Canucks have built up a healthy cushion on first in the west with four of the top 6 D-men currently out of the line-up leaving only Bieksa (having a great year) and Erhoff. However, Salo returns tomorrow, Hamhuis may not be far behind him, Ballard will be out for about another 2-3 weeks and Edler should be back for the playoffs. As for now, the Canucks have had a great surprise in the name of Chris Tanev who reminds me a lot of a young Edler. The guy came from totally off the grid just like Edler and Burrows.

If all goes well the Canucks could ice their best D of the entire season just in time for the playoffs.

Now you're up to date. :P

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Howard has faced 33 shots per 60 minutes in 11 games since Stuart went out. He faced 30 per 60 in the previous 10 games he played. A slight change, perhaps quantified as the difference between Stuart and Kindl defensively right now if you factor in the changes on the PK and the increased ice time for Ericsson and Salei.

Howard has sucked all year, with our without Stuart. So has the defense.

I didn't say the defense isn't hurting without Stuart, I just said that it was bad already to begin with.