• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
achildr1

RWC Midseason Rankings

Rate this topic

http://redwingscentral.com/stories/2011_02/09_MidSeasonRanking.php

Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok make big leaps, which we figured.

Pete Mrazek starting to climb up the ladder closer to McCullom.

Overall, I'm super impressed with our prospects. I think its the deepest I've ever seen it. That said, why do we strike out so bad in the first round? Kindl, McCullom, essentially Ferraro, and Sheahan are unimpressive at best and easily outclassed by ouur later picks.

Sheahan has actually been tearing up pretty good lately so it seems fair that he only dropped one spot. Also his play has been good all year he was just snake bitten at the start.

I still think Ferraro even without production is a very solid prospect. He has wheels, a good shot, can hit, will fight and has some nice hands. If he can put it all together he could be a second liner, if not he has the makings of a quality third line grinder type.

I am surprised Parkes didnt climb higher with the season he has been having

I am surprised Parkes didnt climb higher with the season he has been having

Me too. He and Aubry both even though Aubry's been injured. I'm surprised how incongruous his ranking is with the fact that he already has a contract while the Wings didn't have to sign him for a couple years.

If Parkes makes it, what do you hope/imagine he'll be like? Obviously he'll have to fill out in a big way. RWC mentioned a comparison to Patrick Eaves but I'm thinking/hoping for a McCarty-type perhaps.

EDIT: Forgot one thing.

Edited by titanium2

I'm all for Pulkinnen and Jarnkrok and think they're great, but RWC is being a bit dismissive of Hudler's junior success with the "he did it in the Czech leagues" when they fail to recognize that Petr Tenkrat, who couldn't make it in the NHL 3 years ago, scored at a similar rate as Jarnkrok's current pace in Sweden in 08 and 09, and has scored 24 in 34 in Finland this year compared to Pulkkinen's 41 in 44.

Hudler scored 46 points in 30 games in his final season in the Czech Extraliga; this works out to 70 points if it were 46 games as he had played the season before. This blows away the numbers being produced in that league now by players such as Martin Straka, Petr Nedved, Radek Bonk, and Petr Sykora (the good one). Beyond that, neither Pulkkinen nor Jarnkrok will be playing for the Red Wings at the age of 19, which Hudler was.

I'm all for Pulkinnen and Jarnkrok and think they're great, but RWC is being a bit dismissive of Hudler's junior success with the "he did it in the Czech leagues"...

Hudler blah blah fap fap

I didn't realise this was a Hudler thread. Give it a rest Eva.

39689_455433297999_662102999_6253902_4985721_n.jpg

http://redwingscentral.com/stories/2011_02/09_MidSeasonRanking.php

Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok make big leaps, which we figured.

Pete Mrazek starting to climb up the ladder closer to McCullom.

Overall, I'm super impressed with our prospects. I think its the deepest I've ever seen it. That said, why do we strike out so bad in the first round? Kindl, McCullom, essentially Ferraro, and Sheahan are unimpressive at best and easily outclassed by ouur later picks.

[/quote

Going to see Pete on Feb 26 when the the Saginaw Spirit (GO SPIRIT) play Ottawa.

I didn't realise this was a Hudler thread. Give it a rest Eva.

RWC used the fact that Hudler was the last Wings prospect to post those kinds of numbers before Pulkkinen, and qualified it with the fact that he did it in the "weak" Czech league so as to pump up Pulkkinen. I posted with regards to the skill difference, showing that RWC's analysis was flawed.

Me too. He and Aubry both even though Aubry's been injured. I'm surprised how incongruous his ranking is with the fact that he already has a contract while the Wings didn't have to sign him for a couple years.

If Parkes makes it, what do you hope/imagine he'll be like? Obviously he'll have to fill out in a big way. RWC mentioned a comparison to Patrick Eaves but I'm thinking/hoping for a McCarty-type perhaps.

EDIT: Forgot one thing.

You forgot one BIG thing that made Mccarty the player he was. I actually go to school with a guy who played on a line with Parkes 2 years ago. Back then he was a 4th line center for the Welland Junior B team.

He tried out in the Q and made it and now is tearing it up. He is on a huge development curve right now and the sky could be the limit. He is physical and gritty in the corners, but not a Mccarty form of gritty. More of a Danny Cleary type