• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/11 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Bruins 1

Rate this topic

Wings are going to be Hiroshima tonight: they're going to get bombed dry.gif . 6-1 Bruins. Not going to start on time, going to turn the puck over, and Jimmy will be flopping like a bad imitation of Hasek.

(Let's try a little reverse psychology tonight :P )

Holy s***, duke, I can't believe that worked!!!

:yowza:

Edited by sleepwalker

Wings are going to be Hiroshima tonight: they're going to get bombed <_< . 6-1 Bruins. Not going to start on time, going to turn the puck over, and Jimmy will be flopping like a bad imitation of Hasek.

(Let's try a little reverse psychology tonight :P )

hvuh4g.gif

We just got home from a party. Spouse was driving; I was doing my usual bitching about not being able to get scores on even ESPN XM radio. When ALL of a sudden, "he" starts talking about the game (meanwhile they're showing the pics on TV of course, which we can't see) and mentions Bert's and Cleary's goals; then I'm desperately trying to follow and finally he says "6-1 Wings over Boston". I start screeching, jumping up and down, I'm pounding on my husband's shoulder. Now I'm home and I'm gonna watch it tonight and probably again tomorrow.

Life is good. :w00t2:

Edited by Vladifan

THIS is what Red Wings hockey should look like. Boston looked like they got hit with a sledgehammer and never got going. This is what we are used to, puck control and pressure.

Awesome game, all involved. Excited to see Hudler continue to improve and gain more confidence and poise out there. Can't wait for Sunday, let's hope this isn't a fluke.

Encouraged by the effort level throughout this game. Our boys simply out worked Boston for much of the game. This is what needs to happen every game.

However, I still think there is room for improvement on the defensive side. I saw several instances where the defensive assignments got mixed up and Boston guys were left open for shots (they just failed to hit the net). I don't think it was as dominating of a performance as the scoreboard depicts.

In addition, anyone on this board who has mentioned a pairing of Ericsson - Kindl should go back and watch the final 5 minutes of this game. They were absolutely brutal when they were on the ice together (and it was mop-up time)! I hope we never see that pairing (at least the rest of this year and maybe next)!

This is a public forum.

You asked a question which was an attempt to belittle another poster's argument. None of us are pros and none of us have played every position, but that doesn't mean we can't critique players or provide insight into those positions.

You don't like someone else responding to you? PM the person you are talking to, instead.

"none of are pros" and "none of us have played every position"...I may not be a pro but have played every position thank you very much, suddenly I feel special. Just what the doctor ordered I guesswink.gif

Kristi, I know how you feel, because my housemate is a die hard Bruins fan. She didn't talk to me for a couple hours after the game.

I think its time that Bertuzzi scores.

Wellll, alrighty then!!

Hindsight is SO much more fun than foresight! :lol:

Is it normal for the Wings announcers to be on NHLN? I just noticed that..

Was that cool, or what?! That was a pleasant sooprahz! :thumbup:

Remember to keep the discussions civil, folks. No need for the personal attacks.

Game on!

Another thing about these kinds of posts. I'm finally able to read this thread the day after, and I find myself totally skipping all the goalie-oriented ones. They weren't relevant to what actually happened during the game and they are definitely not now. I'd like to think there's a message in there somewhere? :ph34r: