• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/11 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Bruins 1

Rate this topic

I've played hockey and stuff like that is going to happen, although I agree that any time that a puck deflects off an official that leads to a scoring chance, the play should be halted.

Since we are talking about changing the way things are happening on the ice when it comes to officials.....

I think they should have one less official on the ice and more above the boards standing there watching the play. In my experience, the worst place to observe the play is on the ice. The best place to observe it is standing on high, watching from a protected area. They looked at this in the NHL Combines and it was successful. They really should think about doing this.

I just don't see things changing like this. I have only reffed USA Hockey for a couple years now, and after 100+ games, I haven't had a puck go off of me and to a player who scores. If it does though, you can bet I would feel terrible about it as most refs would.

i fixed that for you.

I actually agree with you on that. Most Canadian fans are quite the hockey enthusiasts. :)

Everyone just calm down. I'm a guy who's played alot of hockey, but just because I have doesnt make my opinion better then anyone elses. Wings are winning, lets just all get along and stop arguing until the next time the Wings play s***ty :D

Since we are talking about changing the way things are happening on the ice when it comes to officials.....

I think they should have one less official on the ice and more above the boards standing there watching the play. In my experience, the worst place to observe the play is on the ice. The best place to observe it is standing on high, watching from a protected area. They looked at this in the NHL Combines and it was successful. They really should think about doing this.

I just don't see things changing like this. I have only reffed USA Hockey for a couple years now, and after 100+ games, I haven't had a puck go off of me and to a player who scores. If it does though, you can bet I would feel terrible about it as most refs would.

I still remember from 2003 - Wings and Canucks, Detroit clinging to a 3-2 lead with less than a minute left, and a Vancouver defenseman's shot hits the skake of Don Van Massenhoven right to Marcus Naslund who promptly tied it.

I can skate, it's the stopping that gets me. I'm like the kid from the Mighty Ducks movie and have to either run into the boards if I'm outside or run into my wife if we are outside. She's not a big fan of my skating skills

Dang, who was that player? That was funny. I remember seeing that movie back in the day and wondering how the heck that was possible. Then I really started skating out and figured it out for myself, its quite easy. :)

I still remember from 2003 - Wings and Canucks, Detroit clinging to a 3-2 lead with less than a minute left, and a Vancouver defenseman's shot hits the skake of Don Van Massenhoven right to Marcus Naslund who promptly tied it.

Knowing my luck, that will happen to me when I ref the finals in some Midget Travel tournament in Chicago or something after I get 4-5 years of experience. That would be just horrible, but its the way the game is.

Isles are spanking Pens 7-2.

Have you seen the Pens roster?

Pascal Dupuis-Jordan Staal-Tyler Kennedy

Mike Rupp-Max Talbot-Chris Conner

Brett Sterling-Joe Vitale-Eric Tangradi

Ryan Craig-Craig Adams-Nick Johnson

Brooks Orpik-Kris Letang

Paul Martin-Zbynek Michalek

Alex Goligoski-Deryk Engellend

I'm surprised they have even kept in the playoffs, not to mention be in the top of the division.

Plenty of American hockey fans have played hockey at some level, even if just for fun.

lol i know. i didn't mean to insult the americans who have played.

but you can't put all hockey fans in one group. also, not all american fans should be grouped together. hockey fans from states like michigan, minnesota, wisconsin, etc. are not the same as hockey fans from say, california or florida.

as far as canada is concerned, in all honesty, among hockey fans the number that have never skated/played is probably less than 5%.

Welcome to the boards! Should your username be 'Master of Sarcasm' with that first post?

Sorry about the sarcasm, I believe it's genetic. I've been watching the Wings since the mid 50's (thats 1950's) and have seen them during the good the bad and the ugly. As poorly as they have played lately, they are still light years ahead of the ugly.

Guest scottj

Im still kinda upset w the situation in last years olympics where the puck hit the refs skate and crosby got it for the game winning goal. I can't.blame the goal on the ref but it could have been a completely different outcome... :( oh well they played better anyways

Sorry about the sarcasm, I believe it's genetic. I've been watching the Wings since the mid 50's (thats 1950's) and have seen them during the good the bad and the ugly. As poorly as they have played lately, they are still light years ahead of the ugly.

This. Many of us weren't alive during the Dead Wings era.