430 replies to this topic

#401 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Final/Regulation
DET: 6 (The Todd x2, Cleary, Cluckles, Hank (PPG), Homer (PPG))
BOS: 1 (Krejci (PPG))

Shots on Goal
DET: 34
BOS: 26

The defense and goaltending improved immensely since the last few games, and the offense finally showed up like we wanted. The only saggy yambag of the whole game was Howie not getting the shutout, but they don't award extra points for shutouts and fights.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#402 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

Pens/Islanders game is pretty entertaining...there lots of room on both benches...lots of players asked to leave the game.

#403 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

Good solid game all around, but I'm not satisfied yet... can't just play one game and sit around the rest, let's see some consistent effort! :ph34r:

#404 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

More consistent with this effort.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#405 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

Good solid game all around, but I'm not satisfied yet... can't just play one game and sit around the rest, let's see some consistent effort! :ph34r:

Xactly. One game does not a slump break..Now they do a week like this and ....

#406 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

The Wings win 6-1, the Saginaw Spirit win after a losing streak and the Pens are losing 8-3. This HAS been a GREAT day. :yowza:

#407 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Wings are going to be Hiroshima tonight: they're going to get bombed Posted Image . 6-1 Bruins. Not going to start on time, going to turn the puck over, and Jimmy will be flopping like a bad imitation of Hasek.

(Let's try a little reverse psychology tonight :P )

Holy s***, duke, I can't believe that worked!!!

:yowza:

Edited by sleepwalker, 11 February 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#408 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

Wings are going to be Hiroshima tonight: they're going to get bombed <_< . 6-1 Bruins. Not going to start on time, going to turn the puck over, and Jimmy will be flopping like a bad imitation of Hasek.

(Let's try a little reverse psychology tonight :P )

Posted Image

#409 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

f***, i sit through the last while of s***ty games, and then i miss one for a a soccer game i had, and the wings light it up. bulls***. im the only one not happy about this.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#410 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

fluke game ;)

#411 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

Wings weren't so lazy and they didn't suck so bad tonite. Good on yas boys. Keep it up, eh.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#412 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

We just got home from a party. Spouse was driving; I was doing my usual bitching about not being able to get scores on even ESPN XM radio. When ALL of a sudden, "he" starts talking about the game (meanwhile they're showing the pics on TV of course, which we can't see) and mentions Bert's and Cleary's goals; then I'm desperately trying to follow and finally he says "6-1 Wings over Boston". I start screeching, jumping up and down, I'm pounding on my husband's shoulder. Now I'm home and I'm gonna watch it tonight and probably again tomorrow.

Life is good. :w00t2:

Edited by Vladifan, 11 February 2011 - 11:02 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#413 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

Great game tonight, especially defensively.

Hope this continues into more than just a one game improvement. Boston will come out more pissed next game.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#414 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

hudler looks great out there

#415 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

THIS is what Red Wings hockey should look like. Boston looked like they got hit with a sledgehammer and never got going. This is what we are used to, puck control and pressure.

Awesome game, all involved. Excited to see Hudler continue to improve and gain more confidence and poise out there. Can't wait for Sunday, let's hope this isn't a fluke.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#416 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

Yesssssss.. lets be consistent with our wins please!! Why is it that i'm available to watch the 4-1 losses but never 6-1 wins??:angry:

#417 WINGSINAZ

WINGSINAZ

NOOOOO! Can't believe I have a concussion!

• 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

Encouraged by the effort level throughout this game. Our boys simply out worked Boston for much of the game. This is what needs to happen every game.

However, I still think there is room for improvement on the defensive side. I saw several instances where the defensive assignments got mixed up and Boston guys were left open for shots (they just failed to hit the net). I don't think it was as dominating of a performance as the scoreboard depicts.

In addition, anyone on this board who has mentioned a pairing of Ericsson - Kindl should go back and watch the final 5 minutes of this game. They were absolutely brutal when they were on the ice together (and it was mop-up time)! I hope we never see that pairing (at least the rest of this year and maybe next)!

#418 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

This is a public forum.

You asked a question which was an attempt to belittle another poster's argument. None of us are pros and none of us have played every position, but that doesn't mean we can't critique players or provide insight into those positions.

You don't like someone else responding to you? PM the person you are talking to, instead.

"none of are pros" and "none of us have played every position"...I may not be a pro but have played every position thank you very much, suddenly I feel special. Just what the doctor ordered I guessPosted Image
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#419 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

Kristi, I know how you feel, because my housemate is a die hard Bruins fan. She didn't talk to me for a couple hours after the game.
Posted Image

#420 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

Two stats say it all. 25 shots allowed. 1 goal allowed. Get back to sound defense and the rest works itself out, just like the man keeps saying....
mccarty3