• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he were really good in Grand Rapids I would say its probably just being a rookie.

But the fact of the matter is, he was never good defensively and I'm really starting to lean towards he just isn't that good. He has some offensive potential it looks like but he coughs the puck up so much and is bad in his zone

he's played pretty damn well since stu went down. he hasnt played great in the last couple games, but i'll let a few bonehead plays slide, especially since hes really done quite well in his last stint up. No complaints from me yet.

Some people are incredible. He had a very, very solid stretch of about 15 games where his play seemingly got better every night, has struggled a bit over the past week, and this thread appears with stupid poll options.

Unbelievable. :thumbdown:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Pretty ridiculous thread, frankly. He's still a kid.

We can't expect every call-up to be Nick Lidstrom's successor or we're going to be terribly disappointed.

Yes, he makes mistakes. Guess what? Every defenseman in the NHL does except for the guy with the Winged Wheel on his chest and the number five on his back.

Kindl has the potential to be a good defenseman; maybe not a #1 or #2, but definitely a #3 or #4 guy. He still has a few years yet before he's supposed to hit his prime. Give the kid time to develop.

Yes, he makes mistakes. Guess what? Every defenseman in the NHL does except for the guy with the Winged Wheel on his chest and the number five on his back.

Kindl has the potential to be a good defenseman; maybe not a #1 or #2, but definitely a #3 or #4 guy. He still has a few years yet before he's supposed to hit his prime. Give the kid time to develop.

Fixed. Also, Kindl does still have first-pairing potential. Because he's not killing it playing part-time in his rookie season is hardly an indication of failure in that area. He needs to be provided with decent playing time to be able to learn the NHL game, and as he's an offensive defenseman who's not great defensively, preferably a strong defensive partner.

Next year there's a pretty decent chance he's playing on the regular roster. Give it another year before saying "his potential has slipped like my shorts during one of my oil wrestling matches" or whatever the hell it is you are saying.

Just a rookie.

If it were down to a decision of just a few games or a playoff series, I'd consider scratching him, but he's still been in this system for a lengthy time for a reason.

Remember how much Ericsson was bagged on last season, and overall this season he's been fine for the most part.

Short-term/recent past he hasn't been all that good, but I want him to work out here for the long term.

In my opinion, I don't think he possesses the NHL-caliber talent. I've seen him more than enough in Grand Rapids and he never stood out, except for the repeated mistakes and turnovers. Sure, I'll give some benefit-of-the-doubt on the "Rookie" option, but after watching him play, he's not making "rookie" mistakes and learning, he's repeating the same mistakes continously. Maybe he may just not be "fully cooked", I don't know. But I just don't see the NHL-caliber defenseman in his play.

Just a rookie. While he hasn't totally blown the world up, he has actually played a little better than Big E (up until these past 2 games where Ericsson just all of a sudden grew a pair). I am willing to wait and see what we may have in him. I am not thinking he is as bad as the OP suggests and feel maybe it's time to stop pointing fingers at kids like him. He does play better defense than Salei I think and better than that one guy that makes 6 mill.

Edited by HankthaTank

I am more inclined to believe that the pairing of kindl and salei may be the worst in the nhl opposed to an indication of his talent level. After watching them in person yesterday they just don't work well together and don't support each other.

I voted "rookie" - however IMHO there should've been an answer such as "maybe he's not an NHL calibre Dman".

Maybe you should check out some of the bottom pairing defensemen from other, weaker teams to get a realistic idea of what "NHL caliber" is.

I think Kindl is NHL caliber he is just not getting the hang of it yet. It sucks that he is sucking it up so bad and turning the puck over but there has to come a point where he will get it eventually and if not, he'll get sent down or traded.

Kindl will be fine, he looks like Big E did/does in his NHL career thus far. It is also really hard to get your groove going when you are in and out of the line-up. I see Big E and Kindl rotating the rest of the season barring any injury.

Kindl will be fine, he looks like Big E did/does in his NHL career thus far.

Uh ohhhhh....... *facepalmage* Sorry just not a "Big E" fan, although home boy has picked up his play as of late. So has most of the team, though. Both look replaceable currently. Ericsson frustrates more than just about any player on the team.