• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

Isles vs Pens

Rate this topic

Im never a fan of these guys that cannot score or even skate... All they are in there for is to be goons. Probert was never dressed just to fight Kocur was never dressed just to fight. The league has really deteriorated to this crap. Fights are great entertainment but this was stupid.

Im never a fan of these guys that cannot score or even skate... All they are in there for is to be goons. Probert was never dressed just to fight Kocur was never dressed just to fight. The league has really deteriorated to this crap. Fights are great entertainment but this was stupid.

I'm really curious what kind of suspensions are handed out from this fracas. And I hope the league is fair for a change.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Sign him Kenny. :thumbup:

Oh and I'd give anything to attend the next game between these two. Should be a fun one.

April 8th.

Godard and Gillies were only the real true goons in that game. Noone else really is. Martin is a young prospect that is going to be like a Mccarty type, and noone else really did a whole lot goonish.

PS anyone else find it weird Konopka didnt do anything this game lol?

:thumbup:Sign him Kenny. :thumbup:

Oh and I'd give anything to attend the next game between these two. Should be a fun one.

He gets a goal, a roughing penalty, three fights, and two game misconducts.

As far as Konopka goes, wasn't on the ice when most of the "action" took place, but at least he knows he needs to stay on the bench when things get scrappy.

Edited by e_prime

What the hell even caused that? I wish the video showed more. All we saw were a couple fights and a lot of people laying on the ground. I didn't see who started it, but whoever it was was a ******. Laid out a colossal hit on a guy and then immediately get up and start punching him before he even recovers? There's no history of bad blood between these teams, is there? Why the hell would it be such a HUGE event? Because one player was injured?

I just can't believe Hailey. Fought Talbot. Took him down. Went straight after Johnson.

From the video it looked to me like Johnson challenged Haley. In any case, I kind of like seeing these types of games every once in a while but after a certain point you have to just quit the circus and play hockey.

Now this was a ******* hockey game! Old time hockey, I love it. Pittsburgh got tuned in the fights and the scoreboard, what a thing a beauty. I'd like to have that Micheal Haley, guys an animal. And he scored a beauty tonight too :D. Cant wait till the next Isles/Pens game :thumbup:

What the hell even caused that? I wish the video showed more. All we saw were a couple fights and a lot of people laying on the ground. I didn't see who started it, but whoever it was was a ******. Laid out a colossal hit on a guy and then immediately get up and start punching him before he even recovers? There's no history of bad blood between these teams, is there? Why the hell would it be such a HUGE event? Because one player was injured?

It all started last game with a bordlerine hit by Talbot on Comeau. Martin went after him and in a blow out game tempers just got heated after that. Two teams with more then enough guys willing to fight and with bad blood.

Anyone who calls this disgraceful or bad for hockey is a complete hypocrite, this is no different from the wings avs back in teh day really in those big brawls

some hits by talbot and tavares whining about getting pushed around

It all started last game with a bordlerine hit by Talbot on Comeau. Martin went after him and in a blow out game tempers just got heated after that. Two teams with more then enough guys willing to fight and with bad blood.

Anyone who calls this disgraceful or bad for hockey is a complete hypocrite, this is no different from the wings avs back in teh day really in those big brawls

This was disgraceful... Why don't you watch what happened when Yzerman got leveled in a game. There was one response, Probert, Kocur, McCarty, etc would fight the player. Only one time face to face not this sucker punch stuff

full video of all the rough stuff

By the way I'm not defending the Penguins, this was just stupid. HUUUUUUUGE homer announcers... Same guys that said the Cooke hit wasn't a head shot. Talbot got what he had coming to him

Edited by matt198913

I don't know if I'd compare it to Wings-Avs from back in the day, but this was fun as hell to watch.

If the NHL had a bit more of this (maybe not 300 minutes in penalties, but more willingness to fight it out a bit) MAYBE this league wouldn't be rivaling the MLS in the ratings...

Jesus I'm all for watching some fun fights and bad blood brew between two teams but this was ridiculous. Both teams were nothing but goons tonight, but the Islanders: some of the s*** they pulled would earn a couple of their players criminal charges of assault anywhere else in the world.

Edited by Echolalia

Can't believe all the negative reactions on here. Do you change the channel during regular hockey fights as well? I mean, some of the most memorable events in hockey are brawls, like Col/Det 97 and Ottawa/Buffalo 08. I thought the whole thing was a million kinds of awesome. If it was on a constant basis, i can see it being ridiculous, but personally I love seeing a brawl now and again. Just reinforces how unbelivably awesome hockey is. The only lame aspect of it was Gonchar coming off the bench to double team the NY player. Pretty gutless I must say.