• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

Isles vs Pens

Rate this topic

Am I going to be the first to defend Godard? It was the right move under the circumstances. You can't let your goalie square off against a goon while your teammates and officials on the ice are all busy doing something else. I honestly hope they reduce his suspension

Edited by SeeinRed

Great article from Bleacherreport.com talking about the joke that Paul Steigerwald is.

"When you're one of the worst teams in hockey and an embarrassment to the National Hockey League, I guess nothing really matters at this point," said Steigerwald.

Hmmm I seem to remember the Pens being a s***hole of a team...and lets not forget...if Crybaby Crosby or Malkin were on the ice last night Bettman would have called Homeland Security and wisked them off the ice. Lets see what the NHL hands down to these schmucks..or...what they sweep under the rug.

Am I going to be the first to defend Godard. It was the right move under the circumstances. You can't let your goalie square off against a goon while your teammates and officials on the ice are all busy doing something else. I honestly hope they reduce his suspension

I understand why he did it, but any reduction means a league-mandated thumbs-up to a return to bench clearing brawls and no one in hockey is willing to come out and say they want that.

Am I going to be the first to defend Godard? It was the right move under the circumstances. You can't let your goalie square off against a goon while your teammates and officials on the ice are all busy doing something else. I honestly hope they reduce his suspension

From the footage I've watched, Haley was skating straight towards the box. Looks like Johnson started chirping at him.

And what happened to Bob Errey? Can't see the difference from when a player (Okposo) is pushed into the goalie or bowls him over intentionally? Maybe it's the other commentator rubbing off on him.

i played AAA, and juniors.

That experience and you don't realize that fights don't win games? I don't know about you, but I'd rather win games than win fights.

Who would you rather be?

Detroit- 2nd fewest penalty minutes, 4th in overall points.

St. Louis- 4th most penalty minutes, 23rd in overall points.

That experience and you don't realize that fights don't win games? I don't know about you, but I'd rather win games than win fights.

Who would you rather be?

Detroit- 2nd fewest penalty minutes, 4th in overall points.

St. Louis- 4th most penalty minutes, 23rd in overall points.

Or how about the Pens and Flyers, who are good at winning games and fights?

Sportsnet's John Shannon tweeted thusly:

Only suspension for Penguins is the automatic suspension under Rule 70.1 for Eric Godard...Byslma off the hook.

Or how about the Pens and Flyers, who are good at winning games and fights?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/leaders/teams/1/reg2011

Philly's 15th in the league in fights.

Pens didn't win too many fights Thursday, and in fact seemed to be (smartly) shying away from them and turtling. Without Cros-kin, they're also going to have a tough time winning games.

Or how about the Panthers, who are bad at both?

Oh snap you just got told son.

(I hope that it's unnecessary to explain my sarcasm)

Of course.

Sportsnet's John Shannon tweeted thusly:

Only suspension for Penguins is the automatic suspension under Rule 70.1 for Eric Godard...Byslma off the hook.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/leaders/teams/1/reg2011

Philly's 15th in the league in fights.

Pens didn't win too many fights Thursday, and in fact seemed to be (smartly) shying away from them and turtling. Without Cros-kin, they're also going to have a tough time winning games.

I just don't like posters who suggest that fighting somehow means a team isn't good enough to do anything else, like win.

That's bulls***. There are plenty of good teams who have fought a lot and won a lot at the same time.

The suspensions:

Godard PIT - 10 games

Gillies NYI - 9 games (not enough in my mind)

Martin NYI - 4 games

NYI as a whole - $100,000 fine

i thought gillies would get more as well, but otherwise i agree with it

The suspensions:

Godard PIT - 10 games

Gillies NYI - 9 games (not enough in my mind)

Martin NYI - 4 games

NYI as a whole - $100,000 fine

There was some rampant craziness during this game but Martin's cheapshot was almost a mirror image of Bert's big mistake. Imagine being Bert and seeing this, just because the Pen didn't fall and essentially break his neck, Martin will live life like nothing happened while Bert is forever scarred by his situation.

Gillies is a tool. That showing was disgraceful at best.

There was some rampant craziness during this game but Martin's cheapshot was almost a mirror image of Bert's big mistake. Imagine being Bert and seeing this, just because the Pen didn't fall and essentially break his neck, Martin will live life like nothing happened while Bert is forever scarred by his situation.

Gillies is a tool. That showing was disgraceful at best.

Agreed. Martin's lucky he only got 4 games.

I see the Wings-Avs fights as different. There was genuinely bad blood. This just seems to be a couple of goons wanting to fight, avenging a borderline hit from a game ago. It was a lot more random than the Wings-Avs epicness.

Division foes that do have bad blood between them. The Atlantic and Northeast Divisions have so much hate for one another.

It was a good game and I enjoyed seeing the fights, but by the end I was pretty tired of it. It started out as the Pens trying to shift the momentum of the game and it turned into downright annoying when it began being the reaction after EVERY whistle blew.